• Green Lantern Corps #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

0.00%
    0.00%
    14.81%
    70.37%
    14.81%
    Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

more dead n00bs (IT'S GETTING OLD DC )

just going off from the cover, JS and Guy no new looks, Sin. and Kyle new looks (Hal now a nobody lol)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Two more bite the dust...

Nice preview. Also dissapointed by the constant GL deaths. Does the GL force field does nothing anymore?
      There can be only me!

Comment

looks ok so far. I feel as though something like this has happened several times though lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Guardian View Post
          Nice preview. Also dissapointed by the constant GL deaths. Does the GL force field does nothing anymore?
          GL's pretty much seem to die left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
            GL's pretty much seem to die left and right.
            Such is the ways of being a redshirt.

Comment

Oh Peter and your gore... I dig it, though. Pretty nasty.

About the GL shields, we can't point the finger at Peter for their inconsistency/uselessness, but that is an issue that bothers me.

Let's look at the bigger picture of things, how GL powers worked...

Era I: Beginning of the GL Corps to Emerald Twilight -- GL rings held a full 24 hour charge to the dot, a GL's automatic body shield rendered them pretty much invincible to all but Yellow Light.

Era II: Post-Emerald Twilight to Rebirth --Kyle's Ring (which operated independently of the Central Power Battery, which had been destroyed, his battery was a modified piece of Oa itself): Upon recharges, GL ring would hold a charge for a finite amount of energy utilized in a "gas tank" sense (the precise amount is never really quantified), no weakness to Yellow Light, and no automatic GL body energy field -- manual ONLY (and even then, it was never the near-invincible shield of Era I).

Era III: Post-Rebirth -- (After all GL rings become re-power source networked back to a rebuilt, repowered Central Power Battery) Even though all rings are connected to the Central Power Battery the "gas tank" sense they operated on during Era II is retained; no Yellow Light weakness AS LONG as the GL in question is consciously aware of the source of the Yellow Impurity: Parallax (or if Geoff decides there is one anyway at times, as has been the case); aaand a little fuzzy on the GL automatic body shields. They appear to still be there when they need to be mostly, but are either extremely de-powered from Era I or exist only as the most basic body shield.

Comment

How many fucking cells are there in that sector house????

And is that Kronas original GL gauntlet?

Comment

:Moderator:

That glove looks familiar...

sigpic
                  Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post

your right........... if it is him i'd like to know how the fuck he's in space and how he got that far from Earth (S.S. #3599 wtf)

and as for the GL shields it looks like to me if your not the top 20 something GL's then your fucked lol
                    Kuhan
                    Last edited by Kuhan; 09-18-2011, 07:52 PM.

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      Oh Peter and your gore... I dig it, though. Pretty nasty.

About the GL shields, we can't point the finger at Peter for their inconsistency/uselessness, but that is an issue that bothers me.

Let's look at the bigger picture of things, how GL powers worked...

Era I: Beginning of the GL Corps to Emerald Twilight -- GL rings held a full 24 hour charge to the dot, a GL's automatic body shield rendered them pretty much invincible to all but Yellow Light.

Era II: Post-Emerald Twilight to Rebirth --Kyle's Ring (which operated independently of the Central Power Battery, which had been destroyed, his battery was a modified piece of Oa itself): Upon recharges, GL ring would hold a charge for a finite amount of energy utilized in a "gas tank" sense (the precise amount is never really quantified), no weakness to Yellow Light, and no automatic GL body energy field -- manual ONLY (and even then, it was never the near-invincible shield of Era I).

Era III: Post-Rebirth -- (After all GL rings become re-power source networked back to a rebuilt, repowered Central Power Battery) Even though all rings are connected to the Central Power Battery the "gas tank" sense they operated on during Era II is retained; no Yellow Light weakness AS LONG as the GL in question is consciously aware of the source of the Yellow Impurity: Parallax (or if Geoff decides there is one anyway at times, as has been the case); aaand a little fuzzy on the GL automatic body shields. They appear to still be there when they need to be mostly, but are either extremely de-powered from Era I or exist only as the most basic body shield.

I dunno. If i was faced with an enemy that i could not see and moves superfast, the first thing i would do is max out my shield. My solution: reduce the number of GLs. Have them be better trained. And while i'm at it, whats guiding those rings?
                      There can be only me!

Comment

Good question.. what´s guiding those two rings?

Comment

1 of 3 things

1) the Book Of OA (or Salaak)

2) OA's CPU

3) or the same "force" that helped Sin. get back a green ring

IonFan says

Comment

So for anyone who doesn't know "Triumph of the Will" is the name of a Nazi propaganda video. I was thinking about the title and thought that maybe it could be referring to the Guardians and their rise to power. We know that the villains in this story have a huge grudge against the Guardians, so maybe they suffered under the Guardian regime and view them in the same way people view the Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post

Who is that?
                              Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X