X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    Doesn't make it right...

Back on the current topic: I hate the way it looks. Way too blocky.
    Reminds me of the B:TAS/S:TAS style. I like it.

Comment

• While I'm not at NYCC, here's a synopsis of what was said that I posted on my blog (link):

Green Lantern Animated Series Will Focus on Red Lanterns

In a New York Comic Con panel moderated by Geoff Johns this afternoon, Bruce Timm and some of the people behind the upcoming Green Lantern animated series provided some initial details about the series which is set to air on the Cartoon Network in November of 2011. Audience members got to see some of the character designs and were treated to some demo footage from the show.

Timm indicated that five episodes of the show have been recorded, however he wouldn't yet elaborate on the voice casting for the show. In terms of style and tone, Timm indicated that the animation style was heavily influenced by The Incredibles movie, with the CG animation being done in Taiwan. While the show will air on the Cartoon Network in what Timm believes will be a primetime slot, viewers can expect that characters will die and that subtle adult humor along the lines of what fans saw in the Justice League animated series will be the norm.

Bruce Tim and Michael Jelenic This animated series will not be connected to the other series in the greater "DC Animated Universe" continuity, nor will Sinestro be a major element of the show, at least initially, due in large part to him being so vital to the upcoming movie series.

Viewers also shouldn't expect to see guest stars from the rest of the DCU at large since most of this series will take place in space with limited visits to Earth. Joining Hal Jordan will be Kilowog, Salaak, a new GL named Aya, Carol Ferris, several Guardians, and Red Lanterns Atrocitus and Zillious Zax. The oath will certainly be used in the show and allusions to an aversion to yellow will be there, possibly to lay groundwork for story elements like Parallax and the Sinestro Corps.

The Red Lanterns will in fact be the series initial antagonists, with the blood spewing Lanterns causing issues for Green Lanterns on the boundaries of the frontier of known space. There will be a prototype vehicle that Hal "borrows" to get to the frontier, with the vehicle serving as a means of transport to travel the enormous distances that will be covered in the show.

There won't be an "origin episode" with viewers learning what they need to know by the second act of the first episode. While there would be several stand-alone episodes, there will be an over-arcing story line to the series. A fan did ask about an appearance by fan favorite Red Lantern Dex-Starr to which Timm responded with a hopeful sounding "wait and see". Timm also said that while he didn't see the success of the movie impacting the animated series he hoped the show is successful enough that it will be on the air long enough for him to use the "Blackest Night" storyline.

Timm also indicated that long time DC action figure partner Mattel would be providing a product line to support the show and a clip of test footage featuring Hal and Kilowog locked in combat with Manhunters was shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrumsey View Post
        While I'm not at NYCC, here's a synopsis of what was said that I posted on my blog (link):

Interesting. Animated Atrocitus sounds cool. I also like the fact the series happens mostly in space. Earth is a boring place.

Comment

• I knew I saw some "incredibles" style influence in there. Nice

Comment

• "There will be a prototype vehicle that Hal "borrows" to get to the frontier, with the vehicle serving as a means of transport to travel the enormous distances that will be covered in the show."

Why would they introduce a space travel vehicle. I thought the ring provided the wearer with space travel to the vast regions of space?

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Yeah, that one has me scratching my head too... it's probably just for merchandising :P

Comment

• Or it could be to play off of Hal's piloting background given that there won't be much action on Earth.....nah, it's marketing for Mattel!

Comment

• Or it could be the whole ring charge/fuel thing and Rather than waste that energy Hal takes a ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    Or it could be the whole ring charge/fuel thing and Rather than waste that energy Hal takes a ship.
                    Sorta like Abin Sur

Comment

• Back in the 70's and 80's Hal had a ship of his own that he used from time to time. I am sure someone has scans of it somewhere.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• reason for the ship. the wanted a "standing set"

the ship will be used to get to really far reaches of the universe that would take any green lantern "18 months" to reach. Hal Jordan's love for being a pilot will be a part of y he "borrows" the ship.

and i yes i was there. sorry i did film it. the test footage looked good though.

Comment

• What are you all surprised about? We already saw this "prototype vehicle" a few months back.

Just look at how happy Hal is riding this thing. Fisher-Price for the win!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaal Jordan View Post

Just look at how happy Hal is riding this thing. Fisher-Price for the win!

Comment

• I actually like that thing. Wouldn't buy it for myself but I like it.
                              In blackest day or brightest night,
                              ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                              Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                              With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

• I smell Christmas toy for my nephew. Also I knew Hal looked liked Mr. Incredible

Comment

Working...
                                X