Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either that, or WB/DC is just really trying to push that Johns is the beginning and the end when it comes to GL creators.

At any rate, I placed my preorder today. Woohoo!
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Bruce Timm Announces "JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM" at WonderCon

Day One of WonderCon is still going strong with the premiere of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights essentially wrapping up the night. Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: The Animated Series Producer, announced that while "Batman: Year One" will be premiering at San Diego Comic Con, another DC Comics story will be animated soon. The movie entitled "JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM" will be based on the "Tower of Babel" story written by Mark Waid. Even more exciting? The upcoming animated film was written by recently passed comics creator Dwayne McDuffie. Check below for a simple confirmation via twitter until we have further news.

W.West
      Last edited by W.West; 04-02-2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Josh Keaton Confirmed to Voice Hal Jordan in GREEN LANTERN: TAS?

We've known for a while now that former Spectacular Spider-Man voice actor Josh Keaton is working on the Green Lantern Animated Series but we've never gotten what role he'll play. I think its fair to say we all assumed it was the lead role of Hal Jordan but now Comics Continuum wants to help our assume with their report. While we wait for official confirmation from WB, read that report below:

Josh Keaton is providing the voice of Hal Jordan in Cartoon Network's Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Continuum has learned.

Neither Cartoon Network nor Warner Bros. Animation would confirm the casting, but sources tell The Continuum Keaton has already voiced "many" episodes.

Keaton has numerous credits in the super-hero voiceover rrealm, most notably as Peter Parker/Spider-Man for two seasons of The Spectacular Spider-Man. He will also be voicing Spider-Man in the upcoming Spider-Man: Edge of Time video game, although, despite reports, he will not be Spidey in Marvel's upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man animated series.

Keaton also provided the voices of Flash and Aquaman in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and was Troy in Cartoon Network's Firebreather movie.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series is slated for 2012 by Cartoon Network. Here's how the network describes the show:

"As Earth's Green Lantern, Hal Jordan is used to being in dangerous situations -- but he's never faced anything like this! Set at the farthest reaches of deep space, Hal must face down an invasion from the Red Lantern Corps. Hal is soon joined by an all-new group of heroes on a mission to protect Guardian Space -- and the Green Lantern Corps itself!"

"Kilowog and Hal make a really good buddy cop kind of time," producer Bruce Timm told The Continuum at last weekend's WonderCon.

While the first 13 episodes will feature the Red Lantern Corps, the second 13 will feature the Manhunters.

Comment

• They could do a lot worse. Overall I think he's a pretty good VA.
          In blackest day or brightest night,
          ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
          Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
          With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
            Bruce Timm Announces "JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM" at WonderCon

Day One of WonderCon is still going strong with the premiere of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights essentially wrapping up the night. Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: The Animated Series Producer, announced that while "Batman: Year One" will be premiering at San Diego Comic Con, another DC Comics story will be animated soon. The movie entitled "JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM" will be based on the "Tower of Babel" story written by Mark Waid. Even more exciting? The upcoming animated film was written by recently passed comics creator Dwayne McDuffie. Check below for a simple confirmation via twitter until we have further news.

Please, PLEASE give us Kyle in a ****ing movie that he's SUPPOSED to be in. PLEASE!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
              Please, PLEASE give us Kyle in a ****ing movie that he's SUPPOSED to be in. PLEASE!?
              If they don't, Batman's "solution" to knock out Green Lantern won't make any sense. Unless they change that, too.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Josh Keaton Confirmed to Voice Hal Jordan in GREEN LANTERN: TAS?

We've known for a while now that former Spectacular Spider-Man voice actor Josh Keaton is working on the Green Lantern Animated Series but we've never gotten what role he'll play. I think its fair to say we all assumed it was the lead role of Hal Jordan but now Comics Continuum wants to help our assume with their report. While we wait for official confirmation from WB, read that report below:
                I cant really see him doin Hal's voice but ill wait to see how he sounds before I judge.
                Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• he did the flashs voice in crisis on two earths. I hope this turns out ok

Comment

• New Images from GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS

Look down below for 3 new images from the upcoming Green Lantern: Emerald Knights DVD featuring Abin Sur, Laira, Iolande and more! UPDATE: 6 new images added!

W.West
                    Last edited by W.West; 04-25-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Isnt that iolande and not arisia?

Comment

• .............Tomar looks like Sonny from Cocoa Puffs!
                        Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                          Isnt that iolande and not arisia?
                          Whatever!

Comment

• 'Green Lantern: The Animated Series' Producer Gives Update on Show Progress

Green Lantern: The Animated Series
                            Producer Giancarlo Volpe briefly updated fans on the progress of the series, but remained silent on anything new. Find out what he did have to say below:

As of this date, we have nearly the first two episodes fully animated (not lit and rendered mind you). I gotta say, whatever streamlined designs Bruce implemented in his 2-d shows carries over beautifully in CG. The show IS TV animation, so it's not quite feature quality- but man is it hard to tell the difference sometimes. It's been a very pleasant surprise to see how great it's turning out.

We are also cutting animatics for episodes 12 and 13, sort of the midway point of this initial 26 episode order, while simultaneously writing episodes 25 and 26. It's really fun but almost overwhelming to be tracking the events of the series quite literally at the very beginning, mid-point, and ending all at the same time. There can be a lot of " Oh crap, if that happens in this episode then we better make sure that this happens later!" talk, but I've found with very careful planning and diligence you can keep MOST of that stuff in order ( I've worked in this business long enough to know that some things ALWAYS slip through the cracks. You just hope you correct the most egredious errors and that no one will notice the minor ones).

We've recorded 23 out of 26 episodes, although at this time I'm not allowed to talk about who's on the cast - nor will I confirm or deny any rumors that may be floating around.

We are currently designing episodes 14-18, and I'm dying to boast about the characters and locations we've actually gotten in the show- but I can't go NEAR divulging that stuff so you'll just have to wait.

Ha, this is starting to remind me of the NY comic con panel where our stock response to every question became "Tune in and find out". Sigh, I guess I've said about all I can for now.

Comment

New Images from GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS

Updated with 6 new images.

Comment

• Who's that in pics 6 and 7?

Comment

Working...
                                X