This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Medphyll View Post
    Well. there's no indication that the location lacks an atmosphere, so I guess we can assume that it does have one, and earth-like gravity, since Hal doesn't asphyxiate or float away into space!
    Still the place was located in space with stars and everything else. Any real person would have died in a second without air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
      Still the place was located in space with stars and everything else. Any real person would have died in a second without air.
      You do realize that Earth is also in space with stars and everything else right? Theres no reason to believe that the place Hal was on didnt have an atmosphere.

I enjoyed the show, thought it was rather well done. Only thing I didnt care for was the dumbing down of Kilowog. I know they've basically made him less and less brilliant over the years, but the guy used to be a fricking scientist on his homeworld. The line where he said "I only make hammers" just irritated me, but I know this is a kid show, so its not like Im going to stop watching from that one line.

Comment

• I guess it's just cartoon logic.

Comment

• F@CKING LOVED IT!!!!!

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Why wasn't the movie this good
            Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ns2 View Post
              Why wasn't the movie this good
              grrrrr

IonFan says

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                I already found a torrent for it. I''ll put it on my phone tommorrow and watch it on my lunch.
                Please to be PMing me the link, as I can't find any links for it that aren't on sites that you have to pay a fee in order to download it!

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                  Why wasn't the movie this good
                  Maybe the Green Lantern universe is better suited for comic books and animated movies.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                    Maybe the Green Lantern universe is better suited for comic books and animated movies.
                    Or maybe the good folks at WB just aren't very good at making comic book adaption in general.

Comment

You'll notice that when the characters were in a place with no breathable atmosphere the rings put an aura around them. No aura = atmosphere and when Hal's ring powered off they were fighting on a planet's surface and there was no aura around them the whole time.

Comment

Or maybe the good folks at WB just aren't very good at making comic book adaption in general.
                        That sure look's to be the case.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                          i've been saying that for years *BUT* i'm still happy with what we got live action wise

IonFan says

Comment

I guess it's just cartoon logic.
                            Its not cartoon logic its ACTUAL logic.

Hal was on a PLANET. Planets sometimes (like ours) have an atmosphere that allows us to breathe. Also, the Green Lantern whose ring was completely depleted was also breathing.

Comment

• Hal is a human, the other Green Lanterns are extraterrestrials. That's a big difference.

Comment

• Just got done watching. I thought it was very good. I thought I wouldn't care for the animation, but seeing it in action, it's actually pretty good. I like that it's looking like the show is going to have an arc rather than just stand alone episodes.

This show does a lot to further the GL brand as well, making a GL movie sequel or reboot much more plausible.
                                MEH

Comment

Working...
                                X