This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    That's why I hate receptions, the drunks.

You must've not seen anything about it, then.
    random pic of atrocitous but figured he'd have a lil origin story deal goin...like maybe that's a backgroud plot while greens do w.e., possibly fightin yellows

Comment

• I personally think the constructs will get better as the show goes along, the first episode didn't really call for more elaborate constructs.

"I keep My Ring Hand Strong."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
        Really? You liked First Flight better than this? Because I don't know if you realize, but First Flight was a terrible, terrible movie. I see little to no redeeming qualities in First Flight, where there are many good points to GL:TAS. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on Emerald KNIGHTS because I haven't seen it (and it looked quite good), but First Flight was a crap storm in comparison to this episode.
        actually i liked first flight also and i didnt find it horrible.

i also loved the latest cartoon so hey everyones diffrent man
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• As far as the constructs go, they may remain simple for merchandising purposes. Gotta think about the little kiddies.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
            As far as the constructs go, they may remain simple for merchandising purposes. Gotta think about the little kiddies.
            the constructs were fine only thing that kind of bugged me wich is just minor and nitpicky but that star ship just dosent scream gl to me.

but other then that great great great toon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
              ...Gotta think about the little kiddies.

Comment

• Alright Helen Lovejoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larfleazy E View Post
                  I no this is a show and not a movie but I liked both First Flight and Emerald Warriors much better in pretty much every aspect
                  I liked the show but agree with you on this. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a kids show though, so it's gonna have a different feel.

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

• is going to be really late for his dinner with Carol.

Since the setting is somewhere back before she knows his identity (GL vol 2 #83), and even further back when he is still working for Ferris (GL vol 2 #49), it's very, very, very early in the GL's career. Expect juvenile behavior. Anticipate boxing gloves as constructs. A lot. Be thankful for Kilowog's hammers.

As to the spaceship, it solves certain artificial plot issues related to passengers who need an oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere to breathe and lack sustaining rings of their own, plus the contrived issue of distance from Oa and shortage of wormholes (which has never been a problem in the past).

Believability can be suspended for the duration of the run of the show based on these necessary premises. Or, to get less scientific, they're PG rated toons. They can charge their rings off the engines. They can be lost in space in frontier sectors that don't jive with the pattern of the universe as a whole. They regenerate in a single bound. Roll with it. It's fun.

On a scale of 1 to 10, give the premiere hour a 7. Enjoyed it a whole bunch.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

• I've watched it 3 times. Love it.

Comment

• The animation didn't bother as much as I thought it would. The story kept me interested and engaged. I'll continue to tune in.
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                          The animation didn't bother as much as I thought it would. The story kept me interested and engaged. I'll continue to tune in.
                          yea same here. im not usually fond of that kind of animation but the story was great itself and way better then that shitty star wars clone wars series.....

Comment

• Hey now that series is great.

Comment

• Agreed! Everyone! GET TAZZ! Charge!
                              "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
                              "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
                              "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
                              "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
                              *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                                Hey now that series is great.
                                that series is terrible.

i probably watched 3 episodes out of all of its 4 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X