This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    VIDEO: Hal Jordan & John Stewart discuss Guy Gardner with the Justice League on "Young Justice"

In case you missed it, or just don't watch Cartoon Network's Young Justice, Green Lanterns Hal Jordan and John Stewart were actually given speaking roles. Up to this point in the show, we had only seen glimpses of GLs(including Alan Scott!). In the video below, the Justice League debates on adding more members and The Flash suggests another Green Lantern in addition to Jordan and Stewart. The result is a DC Animation instant classic. Enjoy.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Gotta love that double no on Guy Gardner...LOL!!!

Comment

• No-no-no!

Comment

• According to various home media retailing outlets and independent research, the recent Justice League: Doom direct-to-video animated feature made a splash on the home video market. The latest DC Universe Animated Original Movie title moved an estimated 265,000 units in its first week, with 103,000 of those sales coming from DVD and 162,000 from the Blu-ray format. These sales numbers are for the week ending March 5th, 2012, the first week of the availability for the animated title.

Since its first week of sales, the title has moved an additional 125,000 copies combined in both the standard definition DVD and high-definition Blu-ray format. Keep in mind the sales numbers above do not take into account rental numbers, OnDemand numbers, or legal download numbers. Additionally, please note that the Justice League: Doom Two-Disc Special Edition release is currently exclusive to all Wal-Mart chains, though will go retail wide come April 10th, 2012.

Not to be that kind of Lantern fan, but last years release Green Lantern: Emerald Knights moved over 230,000 units in its first week. 35,000 less units than JL: Doom, which means in poor math terms that Batman, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and their evil counterparts don't really add much value to consumers. Take that non Lantern Leaguers. Thanks to WF for the number crunching.

Comment

• Green Lantern: The Animated Series April 2012 Episode Schedule

New episodes of Green Lantern: The Animated Series are slated to debut during the month of April 2012 on Cartoon Network. Both GL:TAS and Young Justice are currently airing back-to-back as part of the new hour-long DC Nation programming block, airing Saturdays at 10am (ET) on Cartoon Network, with encores on Sundays at 10am (ET/PT). If you're behind, you can check out March's episode schedule here. The episode breakdowns are provided below.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series
          Saturday, April 7th, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#5 Lost Planet"
          Hal and co. follow an errant GL ring to a mysterious planet, looking for a new GL. Introducing Mogo and Saint Walker!

Saturday, April 14th, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#6 Reckoning"
          Razer goes to the Red Lantern home world Shard in an attempt to kill Atrocitus!

Saturday, April 21st, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#7 Feat Itself"
          Hal and Kilowog visit an alien planet in search of food, but encounter two warring races of aliens!

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#8 In Love and War"
          Introducing the Star Sapphires!

Saturday, May 5th, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#10 Regime Change"
          No Details Provided

Head over to WF for the April episode schedule for DC Nation's other show, Young Justice.
          W.West
          Last edited by W.West; 03-27-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• USA Today article: Hal Jordan keeps it balanced on 'Green Lantern' cartoon

Found this on the Blog Of OA and USA Today and wanted to share:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/...ies/53780326/1

Video clip non youtube
            http://bcove.me/u4t7xzhd

There are super humans on both sides of Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

Warner Bros. Animation/Cartoon Network
            The Red Lantern Razer has made an unlikely team with Kilowog and Hal Jordan on Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
            EnlargeCloseWarner Bros. Animation/Cartoon Network
            The Red Lantern Razer has made an unlikely team with Kilowog and Hal Jordan on Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

There are the people who work in the recording booth, of course, such as Josh Keaton, who voices Hal Jordan, Kevin Michael Richardson (the big brute Kilowog) and Grey DeLisle (the computerized Aya).

And Jordan himself is the main man and super space cop of the Cartoon Network show (airing Saturday mornings at 10 ET/PT) and is a reflection of the taste of series producer Giancarlo Volpe for a main character.

"One thing that I thought worked really well when I was on Avatar: The Last Airbender is that the stakes were very real and the villains would kill you if they had a chance, but the show also took its time to have moments that were really funny," Volpe says.

"Nowadays it's so common to say, 'People want things darker darker darker,' but to me, the balance is important: that you have a really likable cast," he adds. "Hal Jordan probably fits the bill very well. I suppose we could do something as equally as funny with Guy Gardner because he's kind of a character as well, but it was good that he's not so straitlaced that we could put him in these situations."

Fans will still have to wait for Gardner to make an appearance on the show, but it will be plenty busy without him.

Hal and the rest of the Green Lanterns have formed an unlikely team with the Red Lantern Razer, and in this Saturday's episode, they travel to high-tech Betrassus to investigate a murder that could lead to the downfall of the world's queen.

And in coming weeks, the Lanterns come to the rescue of a planet's residents before an asteroid smacks into it, head to the Red Lantern home of Shard when Razer seemingly betrays them, and find themselves on different sides of a planetary war while trying to scrounge up some supplies.

Volpe says there are definitely plans to introduce more and more Green Lanterns "you've never seen before and some that I'm sure people will go, 'Yes, they got them in!' or 'That's interesting. Why'd they pick that one?' We just go with whatever makes for a good story and helps move the series along."

Comment

• Green Lantern: The Animated Series Returns As Cartoon Network Adds More Shows

Hot of the heels of its highest rating yet, Green Lantern: The Animated Series received another batch of good news. Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, Cartoon Network announced today that not only will a new series be joining the DC NATION program block, but also that GL:TAS(and Young Justice) will definitely be returning.

Cartoon Network announced a new Batman series entitled, Beware the Batman will be debuting soon, along with several other new shows on the network.

“For 20 years, Cartoon Network has cultivated truly original voices from a diverse array of artists and producers, making us the great alternative to everything else out there,” said Rob Sorcher, chief content officer for Cartoon Network. “Cartoon Network Studios has grown to become the most supportive and creative environment for a new generation of creators.”

Also of note, Producer Giancarlo Volpe had a talk with USA Today, so head over there for more GL:TAS talk.
              W.West
              Last edited by W.West; 03-29-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• Pics, Videos & Details For New "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" Episode "Heir Apparent"

After promotion in USA Today and its best rating yet, new episode details, two video clips, and a collection of images have been provided by Cartoon Network from the upcoming all-new Green Lantern: The Animated Series episode "Heir Apparent." The latest Green Lantern: The Animated Series episode is scheduled to air at 10:00am (ET/PT) on Saturday, March 31st, 2012 as part of the new DC Nation programming block on Cartoon Network. Click the pictures for a much larger view, and head over to WF for a look at the latest DC Nation clip.

Synopsis: The Green Lanterns travel to Betrassus, a high tech yet medieval world, where they become embroiled in a murder investigation that could bring down Queen Iolande's kingdom before it even begins.

+ YouTube Video
                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

W.West
                Last edited by W.West; 03-30-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Are those pictures provided by WB?
                  The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Cartoon Network provides the info

Comment

• Oh okay. Just making sure they're official. Might start using their images in my reviews; screencaps never come out that good.
                      The last fan of 1990s comics
                      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Iolande? I love this show already.

Comment

• Wait, are you saying that's Iolande who they meet in this episode? I haven't watched it yet. Cool.
                          Muthasucka
                          Parallax Host
                          Last edited by Muthasucka; 03-31-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
                            Nope, that's Aya, a robotic avatar for the AI of their ship, which is powered by a Lantern battery. So she's not technically a GL, but she can wield the green energy apparently, or at least charge the others' rings.
                            He's referring to the synopsis and/or the image that both feature Iolande.

Comment

• Yeah, I realized that immediately after I posted and even went back and changed my post. How the heck did you quote me before I did that? Look! Thanks for immortalizing my idiocy! Anyway, going to watch the ep right now.

Comment

• Here’s a glimpse of a future episode of Green Lantern when Razer gets punched in the nuts by Atrocitus!

Comment

Working...
                                X