Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are morons when they try to pretend they know everything about the character. I dont care if people have only had exposure to Lantern through the JL/U cartoons and think he's black. (Even though they show an entire Corp in there, along with Rayner..) Its when people ignorantly try to act like they know everything about the character and say he's black. Like those posts that say "Green Lantern is black in the comics" Those are the people i call morons.

Comment

The ones that try to tell you what are in the comics and thnk they know better. Those are the jackasses that need to be ignored. No matter what you say it will never convince them that they dont know what they are talking. I know this from exeprience with the Batfans and even some people that I have met that believe that the Holocaust never happened. You can show them every Green Lantern comic in the galaxy and they will still tell you that you are wrong. Why waste the energy or doofuses like that.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post

Before you get steamed, try to remember just because these folks are not comic book fans, it doesn't make their opinions any less valid.
        Actually...their opinions are completely invalid, it's just not their fault. They're wrong, end of story.
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Maverick earned two points of "Respect" with that post.
          Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
          Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

Hehe, thanks man
            sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Most welcome.
              Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
              Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                Actually...their opinions are completely invalid, it's just not their fault. They're wrong, end of story.
                Not all of them. Those thinking that the "original" GL is black are wrong, yes. But those claiming that "GL is a black guy" are indeed correct. It's just a different GL, but not knowing that doesn't necessarily make them wrong nor invalidate their opinions.
                The last fan of 1990s comics
                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  But those claiming that "GL is a black guy" are indeed correct.
                  No they are not. Because that sentence is implying that there is only one Green Lantern, which is false.

Comment

You want the best reason why we should not pay any mind to these people? They use twitter. NUFF Said.
                    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

twitter sucks so much arse its unreal..............
                      WTB Green Lantern Action Figures Series 2: Salaak
                      Green Lantern Action Figures Series 3: Batman As Green Lantern
                      And the 5 SDCC Hal Jordans PLEASE pm me!!

Comment

The only problem I can see with this is that some of these people inevitably will cry" Racist" stir up crap and won't listen when someone tries to explain that John Stewart, despite being a Green Lantern, is not The Green Lantern for this movie.

Comment

Can an opinion be invalid? I mean it can be incorrect, but is that the same as invalid? Of course, in this case, mostly these aren't opinions, they are erroneous statements of "fact".

"I think GL SHOULD BE black" is an opinion.

"GL is Black" or "GL was originally black"...those are simply incorrect statements of fact.

And, even those perceptions, though wrong, aren't irrelevant. They need to be taken into consideration by the makers of the movie, so they can evaluate if they need to take any action to dispel the notion that they are taking a Black hero and turning him white for their movie.

I think, ultimately, they probably don't, since the people that know enough about GL to know he is black in some media, yet don't know enough to know that he was not originally a black man, AND are inclined to be bothered about that perception (incorrect as it is) HAVE to be a pretty darn small subset of their potential audience.

Comment

Yea... I think this is a generational/genre issue.

Most of my friends are NOT comicbook fans. Most of them are white. Most of them are between the ages of 28 and 36.

They ALL remember Green Lantern from the Super Friends and other places and know full well that there was a white Green Lantern way before there was a black Green Lantern.

I think the percentage of people who genuinely think that John Stewart was THE Green Lantern of record prior to this film is relatively small.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                              Asking the general public to do research about a comic book movie is like asking Batman to take the Joker out for a Dinner to celebrate his many accomplishments

I love your analogy!!!
                              Take a look at my customs

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X