Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am wondering if they decided to hold off on the trailer as a week or so after Sucker Punch they're presenting a bunch of stuff at WonderCon....not sure

Comment

• Originally posted by DocLantern View Post
      I am wondering if they decided to hold off on the trailer as a week or so after Sucker Punch they're presenting a bunch of stuff at WonderCon....not sure
      Hmm... good point.

Comment

• Fat chance on them sending out the trailer late, just to premiere it at WonderCon. It MIGHT show up there, but there's no way they'll be attaching it to "Sucker Punch" after that weekend.

Comment

• GREEN LANTERN Scoring to Begin In Two Weeks?

That seems to be the case, evidence presented below with no further commentary.

W.West
          Last edited by W.West; 03-24-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
            Fat chance on them sending out the trailer late, just to premiere it at WonderCon. It MIGHT show up there, but there's no way they'll be attaching it to "Sucker Punch" after that weekend.
            I'll be curious to see what footage is shown at WonderCon.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I just hope the trailer they show this weekend at megacon is new but I doubt it.

Comment

• MegaCon is the weekend? Wow! March is a busy month for Conventions, with the Emerald City Con and C2E2 taken place already.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  MegaCon is the weekend? Wow! March is a busy month for Conventions, with the Emerald City Con and C2E2 taken place already.
                  And WonderCon is coming up too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                    Right now Captain America and Thor are kicking Green Lanterns ass! I can't believe we're 12 weeks or so out from the release and all we've basically gotten is toy related news. I sure hope the powers involved know what the hell they are doing in regards to promoting this movie. All my friends have been asking me what's up with the lack of news, I wish I had an answer for them.
                    People keep asking me what I thought of the movie.

When I tell them it doesn't come out until June they're certain it's already come and gone.

Green Hornet.

WHat I feared has happened. People confused the two movies, the lack of advertising doesn't help matters in the least.

Comment

• It certainly is disappointing that the new trailer isn't on Sucker Punch. It might have to do somewhat with the lowered expectations for Sucker Punch too though. According to what the managers at my theatre told me, Sucker Punch is projected to make 10 million less than Diary of A Wimpy Kid this weekend (which would be a complete disaster if that happens). So maybe it wasn't as pressing for WB to release the trailer with Sucker Punch. But clearly, between now and Thor, the 2nd trailer better come out or else there can be no doubt the marketing team spit the bit on this movie.

The mere fact that teaser posters haven't even showed up at the theatre yet for a movie scheduled to come out in June is amazing to me. And not just because one is going to be put aside for me. LOL
                      Spectremjm
                      Corps Honor Guard
                      Last edited by Spectremjm; 03-25-2011, 04:32 AM.
                      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                      to change the world. This time, Lord...
                      Let me be worthy."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post

The mere fact that teaser posters haven't even showed up at the theatre yet for a movie scheduled to come out in June is amazing to me. And not just because one is going to be put aside for me. LOL
                        Agreed. And I said that months ago.

Comment

• Do you guys know when posters and marketing usually ramps up for a movie?

Comment

• I really hope they show some footage at Wondercon.
                            Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                              Do you guys know when posters and marketing usually ramps up for a movie?
                              Nope, but I know that Marvel had THOR posters out in theaters before the first GL trailer was released, and its still there.

Comment

• It varies with posters. But a major release like this should have had a teaser poster hit theatres at the same time the first trailer did. Usually posters and trailers, especially the first ones, come around the same time. I used to do the posters at my local theatre so I remember the Dark Knight teaser with Heath Ledger came out really early, I believe with the original teaser, since he was still alive at the time.
                                "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                                Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                                Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                                who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                                to change the world. This time, Lord...
                                Let me be worthy."

Comment

Working...
                                X