This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
    It certainly is disappointing that the new trailer isn't on Sucker Punch. It might have to do somewhat with the lowered expectations for Sucker Punch too though. According to what the managers at my theatre told me, Sucker Punch is projected to make 10 million less than Diary of A Wimpy Kid this weekend (which would be a complete disaster if that happens).
    after reading the IGN.com review. i will be surprized if Sucker Punch isn't a disaster. already declaring it a front runner for next years razzies. ouch. (but then again transformers 2 made money...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Larfleazy E View Post
      after reading the IGN.com review. i will be surprized if Sucker Punch isn't a disaster. already declaring it a front runner for next years razzies. ouch.

Originally posted by Larfleazy E View Post
      (but then again transformers 2 made money...)
      HEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!!

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        If GL moved to Xmas, I'd actually be happy with that.
        i hate to say this but i agree with this, more time on some movies could = a better movie

IonFan says

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
          People keep asking me what I thought of the movie.

When I tell them it doesn't come out until June they're certain it's already come and gone.

Green Hornet.

WHat I feared has happened. People confused the two movies, the lack of advertising doesn't help matters in the least.
          I wonder if they're holding off on the advertising to distance themselves from the green hornet? Also I'm just thinking now, when will the DVD of Green Hornet be out? If it's around the release of GL, that could prove confusing again...

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
          i hate to say this but i agree with this, more time on some movies could = a better movie
          Only if you put the SFX stuff high up in how you judge the film. Unless they're gonna sneak in reshoots, six months isn't going to make the story any better.

Comment

• with six more months they can do anything

IonFan says

Comment

• If they move it now, it will give off a really bad vibe on the movie, so I doubt they will do that. That being said, Green Hornet moved, got a bad vibe and it actually paid off for them, so if we weren't so close to the release date, I would probably support a Dec move.

Considering that April really doesn't have much in new releases of consequence, I would probably either release the GL trailer on Fast and Furious and tack it onto Thor when that comes out right after, or just wait for Thor.
              "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
              Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
              Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
              who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
              to change the world. This time, Lord...
              Let me be worthy."

Comment

• Originally posted by Larfleazy E View Post
                after reading the IGN.com review. i will be surprized if Sucker Punch isn't a disaster. already declaring it a front runner for next years razzies. ouch. (but then again transformers 2 made money...)
                Transformers already had a following though and wasn't original material. Plus, the first was liked by many, certainly by more than its sequel, so it came in pretty review proof. Not sure if Sucker Punch is review proof, and it certainly doesn't have a built in following that will guarantee good box office.

Let me be worthy."

Comment

• agreed. just goes to show there is possbilitiy for mitigating circumstances that can affect Sucker Punch's box office. who knows, there could be a massive underground army of steampunk enthusiasts already pouring their money into multiple viewings.

Comment

• Sucker Punch is getting sledgehammered in the reviews. Not surprising.
                    The last fan of 1990s comics
                    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• It could still do ok, but I am sure WB had much higher hopes for it when it was green lighted than for it to just do ok. I am going to see it on Mon or Tues and hopefully it will be entertaining if nothing else. There are far worse things than staring at Jamie Chung and Vanessa Hudgens for awhile.

Let me be worthy."

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                        Sucker Punch is getting sledgehammered in the reviews. Not surprising.
                        Various feelings from a review I just read....

"SUCKER PUNCH is a movie so terrible that it retroactively makes his entire body of work worse."

"is an embarrassment, a black eye on entertainment that will become the unwilling example of what happens when geeks are allowed to do whatever they want without supervision."

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Comment

• Now the part of the trailer where he oversleeps makes sense. He was late for his own movies opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                              .........that is fan made right????......................right.............. .I'll go cry now

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                                Various feelings from a review I just read....

"SUCKER PUNCH is a movie so terrible that it retroactively makes his entire body of work worse."

"is an embarrassment, a black eye on entertainment that will become the unwilling example of what happens when geeks are allowed to do whatever they want without supervision."
                                OUCH!
                                The last fan of 1990s comics
                                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Working...
                                X