Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Ivan Reis-like glory!! Does that mean white gloves?

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• That more likely means outward crest instead of a flat/iron-on chest symbol.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        That more likely means outward crest instead of a flat/iron-on chest symbol.
        Also good.

Comment

• I'm very excited about the CGI costume: that will most probably mean it will be a ring construct and not a spandex outfit Hal puts on when becoming GL... and in fact reading the old script that could have been anticipated.

Moreover, with CGI they can pull out nice effects, like tiny small green glows floating within the costume fabric, simulate a non existent/alien fabric, have it changing thickness when acting as a shield, make the symbol glow when he Oaths, have the costume become "unstable" when GL goes unconscious or when Hammond probes his mind... a LOT of cool effects can be achieved with CGI!

Comment

• Originally posted by ErikBauer View Post
            Moreover, with CGI they can pull out nice effects, like tiny small green glows floating within the costume fabric, simulate a non existent/alien fabric, have it changing thickness when acting as a shield, make the symbol glow when he Oaths, have the costume become "unstable" when GL goes unconscious or when Hammond probes his mind... a LOT of cool effects can be achieved with CGI!
            This is pretty much what jumped into my head at the mention of CGI for the costume. Here's hoping!

Comment

most of that could be done if he rocked a leather jacket with an X on it though...

Comment

I'm very excited about the CGI costume: that will most probably mean it will be a ring construct and not a spandex outfit Hal puts on when becoming GL... and in fact reading the old script that could have been anticipated.

i like the idea of a cgi suit but what id like to know is will it look like a symbiote like venom?
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• It's interesting, everyone seems so opposed to a costume that's not classic in style, but when it comes to a full cgi costume no one seems to want the classic look.

I won't mind a CGI suit at all, as long as it's not too crazy, and it looks like the "rebirth" style uniform. Also, white gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                    It's interesting, everyone seems so opposed to a costume that's not classic in style, but when it comes to a full cgi costume no one seems to want the classic look.

I won't mind a CGI suit at all, as long as it's not too crazy, and it looks like the "rebirth" style uniform. Also, white gloves.

and dont forget this is hollywood and nothing will be 100 true to the comic or book. but i will admit i was sceptical at first until i saw that rr in gl gear photo concept art. i wonder if the mask itself will be cgi

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                      and dont forget this is hollywood and nothing will be 100 true to the comic or book. but i will admit i was sceptical at first until i saw that rr in gl gear photo concept art. i wonder if the mask itself will be cgi
                      I'm sure the mask will be CGI, the script describes the white eyes, I'm sure they'll try and achieve that, which'll actually be a cinematic first for superhero movies :P

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                        I'm sure the mask will be CGI, the script describes the white eyes, I'm sure they'll try and achieve that, which'll actually be a cinematic first for superhero movies :P

all we need now is a trailer sometime this summer

Comment

• cant wait to see a trailer , just hope they don't somehow screw this up

Comment

• Green Lantern is filming at the corner of O'keefe and Poydras on the 35th floor of 909 Poydras, NOLA but Ryan isn't there.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              Green Lantern is filming at the corner of O'keefe and Poydras on the 35th floor of 909 Poydras, NOLA but Ryan isn't there.
                              What kind of building is it? Could it be Hammond's apartment?

Comment

• A very tall building...

Comment

Working...
                                X