X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a link to the "oficial synopsis"
    http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/05...lantern-movie/

Comment

• I'm a little ...unhappy is too strong a word, but not overly impressed that they choose Parallax as the villain. I understand that Sinestro might not be bad in the first film, but there could have been another villain to pull from for the first movie. Parallax just seems too early. You should have some sort of beginning and slight rise before a fall. Parallax would be more of a movie #3, Sinestro bad for movie #2.
      For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear

Comment

• This had been posted earlier and I think the validity of it was being questioned.
        "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
        Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
        Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
        who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
        to change the world. This time, Lord...
        Let me be worthy."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
          This had been posted earlier and I think the validity of it was being questioned.
          It was eventually confirmed. You probably missed it during the flood of posts that are semi-ontopic.

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post

Comment

• No, it's not difficult to believe Geoff Johns would remove Legion from the script to replace with his own Parallax bug.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              No, it's not difficult to believe Geoff Johns would remove Legion from the script to replace with his own Parallax bug.
              In the first draft of the script, before Geoff Johns was even involved, Legion was basically Parallax with a different name - ancient, yellow, fear-based entity, formerly trapped in the Central Power Battery by the Guardians as they tried to conceal his existence. The redraft matching things up to make "Parallax with another name" just "Parallax" doesn't have to be evil Geoff Johns metastasizing his cancerous retcons over everything.

Comment

• I really don't see a problem with this. Legion was never an iconic villain, just a fill in the blank threat with no personality. If they are going the bogeyman route for the heavy of the first movie, why NOT Parallax? The whole first movie is the origin/coming into your own super hero movie. They'll bring on a real villain like Sinestro with personality and charisma in the 2nd or 3rd movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                  I really don't see a problem with this. Legion was never an iconic villain, just a fill in the blank threat with no personality. If they are going the bogeyman route for the heavy of the first movie, why NOT Parallax? The whole first movie is the origin/coming into your own super hero movie. They'll bring on a real villain like Sinestro with personality and charisma in the 2nd or 3rd movie.
                  Agreed. Plus, when the kids go to their LCS, Barnes & Noble or Borders - it's Rebirth and everything after that's available for purchase. Makes good marketing sense.

Comment

• I'm thinking that after watching this movie, I'll have to go to Hollywood and kill everyone who was involved in the production
                    Take a look at my customs

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonza2814 View Post
                      I'm thinking that after watching this movie, I'll have to go to Hollywood and kill everyone who was involved in the production
                      OR...you could end up going to Hollywood to personally suck the dick of everyone involved because Green Lantern ends up being so awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by DougG_ATL View Post
                        Agreed. Plus, when the kids go to their LCS, Barnes & Noble or Borders - it's Rebirth and everything after that's available for purchase. Makes good marketing sense.
                        Exactly. Legion means nothing to the GL mythos anymore. Hell, it did didn't even when Emerald Dawn WAS canon. Parallax is a bogeyman they can use and discard with one movie that resonates with GL fans. New readers will see references to it on the bookshelves. And who cares if they don't follow Parallax from the comics? They're not going to do ET; they'll just use it as a visual and make it fit the movie.

Comment

• I'm reminded why I stay out of GL related conversations... I fear I'm going to hate this movie for no other reason than the use of Parallax, but at the same time, I know I'm going to love it as it is a film, and I am greatly accepting of adaptations... all that said, I think it would be best for me to get out of this thread before I lose my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            No, it's not difficult to believe Geoff Johns would remove Legion from the script to replace with his own Parallax bug.
                            Apparently GJ is GL's saviour, everything before is total trash, take that kyle fans.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                              I really don't see a problem with this. Legion was never an iconic villain, just a fill in the blank threat with no personality. If they are going the bogeyman route for the heavy of the first movie, why NOT Parallax? The whole first movie is the origin/coming into your own super hero movie. They'll bring on a real villain like Sinestro with personality and charisma in the 2nd or 3rd movie.
                              Originally posted by DougG_ATL View Post
                              Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                              Exactly. Legion means nothing to the GL mythos anymore. Hell, it did didn't even when Emerald Dawn WAS canon. Parallax is a bogeyman they can use and discard with one movie that resonates with GL fans. New readers will see references to it on the bookshelves. And who cares if they don't follow Parallax from the comics? They're not going to do ET; they'll just use it as a visual and make it fit the movie.
                              No, damnit, stop making sense! You're getting in the way of our doom and gloom!

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                                No, damnit, stop making sense! You're getting in the way of our doom and gloom!
                                I should be a used car salesman!

Really though, every super hero movie uses some kind of amalgam or condensation of ideas. How many Spiderman stories were borrowed from for their movies? Put aside the shitty third one, the first two were really good, and they borrowed from a lot of arcs over the years.

Parallax in the comics was a pretty cool looking villain. Enough so that it could translate well onto film. There's nothing to say it HAS to be tied to a story about Hal's downfall or any of that dumbshit Spectre era. It can basically perform the same role that Legion did (causing Sur's death and being the threat Jordan has to overcome to come into his own as a hero). Which one looks better, the fear entity Parallax, or a big clunking yellow robot?

I always thought Legion was lame as hell when Gerard Jones did his retcon. I always find it odd that people forgive Gerard's retcons, but not Geoff's (other than that Gerard had only a few and Geoff has a mountain of them). I think Atrocitus works better than Legion ever did.
                                Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
                                Moisture Farmer
                                Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 06-01-2010, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X