Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warner Bros is understood to be negotiating with the NSW State Government to receive a higher level of concessions in an effort to claw back between $US15 and $US25 million in value eroded by the currency gains.

The value of the Australian dollar has climbed by more than 16 per cent since the State Labor government announced the deal to film at Fox Studios in mid-April. The big-budget Hollywood blockbuster was expected to create around 500 local jobs, including 100 performers and 200 crew.

While most offshore productions lock in finance when a project is green-lit, it is understood that ongoing work on the Green Lantern script delayed that move. Pre-production on the film was originally scheduled for July and filming for November.

A spokeswoman for NSW Premier Nathan Rees did not respond to requests for comment while a spokesman for Fox Studios declined to comment. A Warner Bros publicist referred to Roadshow, which had not responded by press time.

Two other Hollywood productions, which were secured by Queensland and Victoria earlier this year, have already begun filming.

Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader began filming at the Warner Roadshow Studios on the Gold Coast last month while the smaller-scale thriller Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark is currently shooting in Melbourne.

via Inside Film.

Comment

ok sounds like they are working the issue. Nothing to worry about.
      Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

UPDATE
        Not long ago a source mentioned that Green Lantern might be doing some scouting in Louisiana, and I completely spaced it this morning. Same source wrote in just now to say that in fact, the production will shoot in the States next year, likely in or around New Orleans. Does that mean all the work is going to happen here? Not necessarily, but it is a sign that WB at least has a contingency plan.
        via /film

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
          ok sounds like they are working the issue. Nothing to worry about.
          Wanna bet? Those Labor cockheads are running the worst state government in the country. I wouldn't trust them to walk my dog across the street let alone negotiate around a multi-million dollar film budget.

I dare say this story is being a little hyped up. I'm sure the production will proceed as planned. No thanks to the NSW state government.

They should shoot in Victoria anyway. OK, we've got Labor wankers running our state too but at least ours aren't corrupt....much.
          A.A.F.A.D.

"Damn that Sorcerer! 20 gold pieces and I'm wankered on Rohypnol!"

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            UPDATE

via /film
            Contingency plans are good. Glad to hear Warner making sure that this doesn't go down the drain.

Comment

surprised geoff didnt have a hand in this as he does the flash
              HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                surprised geoff didnt have a hand in this as he does the flash
                I thought I heard that he was supposed to be a while back.

Comment

I believe that he might have a part in it, because he says that he couldn't mention anything about the GL movie and said something like he was doing the Flash movie and gave like a no comment about it like he is working on it and can't talk about it.
                  No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Johns involvement with Green Lantern is as consultant at most. The writers have said many times that they did not receive any revisions from Johns but he has seen the script multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      Johns has seen the script multiple times.
                      gonna have to send my buddy an email
                      HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                        gonna have to send my buddy an email
                        and the plot thickens

Comment

Is GL still moving forward?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10148

We all know GL himself will be played by Mr. Reynolds. But check out this casting call for the other main characters in the movie.
                          "[CAROL FERRIS] 26-32, a smart and attractive woman with an MBA. She started as a pilot and now runs Ferris Aircraft. She is a workaholic...FEMALE LEAD

[DR. HECTOR HAMMOND] 27-35, Character actor who is austere and impersonal, he is real "scummy." He is a pathologist and also the son of a Senator.

[SINESTRO] Mid-30s to Mid-40s, he is smart, tough, intimidating and in great physical shape.

[ABIN SUR] Mid-30s to mid-40s, he is a great warrior."

Was Carol Ferris an ex pilot in the comic? Anyway, not really a big deal. I guess they have some plans to get her involved with some action scenes in the movie.

So, at least we know that production on the movie is still moving forward after the whole "can't film in Australia" debacle.

Thanks to io9 for the info.

Comment

Yes IIRC Carol used to be a pilot but then took over as company head when her dad got sick or died (not sure which one or if it was both)
                            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally Carl Ferris went on a year long tour around the World leaving Carol in charge of Ferris Aircraft.

Man, those casting descriptors are super vague. Not much to go on....are casting directors that busy that they can't read more than a one line descriptor? I seriously doubt it...
                              A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

Old School, who's the brunette behind the Flash in that JLA pic? Is it Zatanna in another costume?
                                A.A.F.A.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X