This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
    Great! Regarding korugar, you have to keep in mind they should use a scene which be chilling to the GA, who know little or nothing about GL..
    true but it could be resolved in film with a quick mention of sinesstro's home world followed by text placement stating that what we are seeing is korugar

Comment

• OR...

they could just do it like they did in Emerald Dawn where you have zero concept of what Korugar or Sinestro are "really like" until Emerald Dawn 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
        That would be good. Or maybe the only glimpse of korugar is a the end where you see "Sinestro is watching" posters or things of that nature, something to show that he rules his planet totally and without mercy.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post

Exactly.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• From Boxofficemojo.com:

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3172&p=.htm

"The long-awaited big screen adaptation of Green Lantern goes head-to-head with the less-anticipated adaptation of Mr. Popper's Penguins on June 17. Green Lantern has become a bit of a punch line lately thanks to a disastrous marketing campaign. Initial previews failed to dazzle audiences, then more recent ones overcompensated by focusing on the alien planet Oa, the significance of which is lost on casual comic book fans. In the latest sign of desperation, Warner Bros. just released a "3D" trailer that features a lengthy explanatory monologue from Geoffrey Rush. Ultimately, the awkward effects and planet devouring villain call to mind Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, which opened on the same weekend in 2007 on its way to just under $132 million. It's reasonable to expect a similar tally for Green Lantern, which is not an impressive result for a mega-budget comic book adaptation.

Bottom Line: Warner Bros.'s relentless marketing should ensure that Green Lantern wins the weekend, though it's going to take a lot more than that for the movie to avoid being dubbed a disappointment."

I love it. Not an orignal thought or analysis in there, just regurgitating a bunch of lazy assumptions. Oh, the villain reminds you of FF:RoTSS? Why, because it's vaguely amorphous? First of all, "Galactus" wasn't even in the marketing for FF, and was on screen for like 5 seconds and then died. Parallax is fucking eating people. Second of all, who directed FF? Tim Story. A nobody. None of these douchebag prognosticators EVER mention Martin Campbell - it's all the "bad" marketing (it's not enough! It's too much!), Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, CGI, blah blah blah.

In the same article he bends over backwards to justify his high expectations for X-Men, going so far as to give it credit for its advance reviews, but doesn't even consider that any other movie might benefit from strong reviews as well. I hope the movie does so well that all these douchebags are forced to write about it for months as the "surprise" hit of the summer. And then I hope they all get syphillus.

Comment

• this person made their mind up about the movie after the first trailer "I know Right?". he then ran his mouth on boards im sure,so he had to stand his ground. so now eveything that comes out is "Bad".

Comment

• im gona laugh when this guy shits himself after gl turns out to be epic
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Some of those guys over at Box-Office Mojo are "all in" with their hate. They refuse to give credit for the improved trailers, CGI, recent marketing blitz, Nothing!

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                    Some of those guys over at Box-Office Mojo are "all in" with their hate. They refuse to give credit for the improved trailers, CGI, recent marketing blitz, Nothing!
                    reminds me of ign.com regarding reviews.... dont get me started on that otherwise i wont shut up

Comment

• Not to mention that guy just recycled that crap about FF from another guy's article on the same site. Way to think for yourself, imbecile. I'm shocked he didn't bring up Green Hornet, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
                        Not to mention that guy just recycled that crap about FF from another guy's article on the same site. Way to think for yourself, imbecile. I'm shocked he didn't bring up Green Hornet, too.
                        all ill say is the gl trailers including ( am i right) are 1000% better than ff as a whole film.

do these morons just expect a gl film to be like batman with no cgi?

Comment

• Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
                          Not to mention that guy just recycled that crap about FF from another guy's article on the same site. Way to think for yourself, imbecile. I'm shocked he didn't bring up Green Hornet, too.
                          Such a missed opportunity

Comment

• Just seeing the third trailer for the first time and it looks like a cut scene on a video game.

The effects on Oa just look cheap and outdated to me.

Hoping it will be good, but I've not been wowed like I thought I would.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                              Such a missed opportunity
                              i bet the guy who (( spoke his mind )) with the rant his gf told him the same thing when he tried to : cough:: get into the mood

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunderlips View Post
                                this person made their mind up about the movie after the first trailer "I know Right?". he then ran his mouth on boards im sure,so he had to stand his ground. so now eveything that comes out is "Bad".
                                Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                                Some of those guys over at Box-Office Mojo are "all in" with their hate. They refuse to give credit for the improved trailers, CGI, recent marketing blitz, Nothing!
                                i say F@CK THEM

this movie is gonna rock, end of story

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                                X