Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screenplay, script, and the director failed to deliver.

Comment

• Geez. This movie was no way near as bad as a lot of people are making out.

I think some people need to go and watch Catwoman or even Superman Returns again.

At least this movie actually had scope, action, cool fights, humour and was exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReZourceman View Post
        Geez. This movie was no way near as bad as a lot of people are making out.

I think some people need to go and watch Catwoman or even Superman Returns again.

At least this movie actually had scope, action, cool fights, humour and was exciting.
        It had everything, i agree with that, but the way the story and some plot elements are being focused on is not really that great. It really had the potential with all the great elements the GL movie has, but it just didnt deliver

and i loved Superman returns thought it lacked action, and EXCEPT the superman's son element, which destroyed the movie imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Tons T View Post
          It had everything, i agree with that, but the way the story and some plot elements are being focused on is not really that great. It really had the potential with all the great elements the GL movie has, but it just didnt deliver

and i loved Superman returns thought it lacked action, and EXCEPT the superman's son element, which destroyed the movie imo
          Oh for sure. I'm not saying it didn't have its flaws, because it absolutely did. But people calling it a bad movie is harsh.

--------

For the record I absolutely detest Superman Returns. A genuine piece of crap IMHO.

Comment

• But you don't understand.

Peeping Tom = Cinematic GENIUS

Comment

• is there any reaction from g johns or dc execs? been searching the net but nothing so far ... it would be nice to have a "everything will be alright ... sequel is underway" from johns

Comment

• They wont come out and say "hey we fucked up". If there is any thing from anyone it will all be blowing smoke up our ass stuff.

Like the "Number 1" trailer they put out.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitieddie View Post
                  is there any reaction from g johns or dc execs? been searching the net but nothing so far ... it would be nice to have a "everything will be alright ... sequel is underway" from johns
                  Johns has been dead silent about this movie on twitter for the longest time.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• His ego outshines his writing, and this movie proves it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                      His ego outshines his writing, and this movie proves it.
                      Come to think of it, I don't recall hearing much from him at all about this movie.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• i think he tweeted pics of him on set.

Comment

• I remember reading interviews where he seemed to pretty pleased with how this movie was going (like he was endorsing it).

Comment

• I've begun to think the studio doesn't really care if this one makes a huge profit. They could mostly be concerned with world-building and establishing a new character with this movie. It's a little bit crazy, but you never know, maybe that was the plan from the start, character established, cheaper sequel.

Comment

• Do you really know how a studio works? Remember the only thing they really want is to make a profit out of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                                Do you really know how a studio works? Remember the only thing they really want is to make a profit out of this.
                                While that is the ultimate goal, I think IJ has a point with the brand recognition angle as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X