This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
    i hope to god they keep the original cast.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• The headline says a sequel is a Go, but the actual article not so much:

it looks like Warner Bros. is brushing that dirt off their shoulders and giving the green light to a 'Green Lantern' sequel anyway
      I'd wait for some official word from DC or WB.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
        Unfortunately, outside of Batman and Superman, what does DC have to offer? I mean, Green Lantern was pretty much the focus of DC's last two major cross-over events in Blackest Night and Brightest Day.
        I think if Wonder Woman and Aqauman are done well you could create successful movie franchises around them. If you had those two and assuming that WB's plan to reboot the Batman franchise goes well and that the Man of Steel is a success, I don't think having a strong GL franchise would make or break them in the superhero game (obviously it would help).

Comment

• I doubt very highly that people would go see a movie about Aquaman.

I know I wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by myuserid View Post
            I doubt very highly that people would go see a movie about Aquaman.

I know I wouldn't.
            I don't think even I could be bothered to see an Aquaman movie in the theater...and I have a full longbox of Aquaman comics!

Comment

I know I wouldn't.
              Kid's would love it at least, they love sea creatures.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• I'd see it assuming that there were interesting enough casting/director/marketing...

but I wouldn't expect it to do well.

Comment

I know I wouldn't.
                  I'd probably would go see it, but I don't think it would be a mega franchise.

When I think of a Aquaman movie, I cannot help but think of the tv show Entourage and James Cameron directing the film and it making more money than Spider-Man opening weekend.

Wonder Woman might work, but it would have to be a better movie than Green Lantern. It would have to follow a path set by Thor in dealing with her script and character.

This fan made trailer is pretty sweet. Lynda Carter makes me want to see this movie.

+ YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                    Kid's would love it at least, they love sea creatures.
                    You mean like Disney's The Little Maid?

Aquaman the Musical

Comment

I know I wouldn't.
                      Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                      I don't think even I could be bothered to see an Aquaman movie in the theater...and I have a full longbox of Aquaman comics!
                      Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                      I'd see it assuming that there were interesting enough casting/director/marketing...

but I wouldn't expect it to do well.
                      Well obviously it would have to be well made. My vision for an Aquaman movie would take place almost entirely underwater, you could make the scenery/setting as interesting as outer space/different planets. I want to see people riding giant seahorses stabbing each other with tridents and fighting sharks goddamnit! You could maybe even go along the lines of the JMS Brave and the Bold issue where Aquaman/The Demon team up every year to stop Cthulu from from breaking through to conquer Earth.

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                      Wonder Woman might work, but it would have to be a better movie than Green Lantern.
                      If we're talking about creating a franchise that becomes a cornerstone of WBs superhero plans then I think that goes without saying. You could probably create something epic using her Greek mythology background.
                      Hypo
                      Lil' Leaguer
                      Last edited by Hypo; 06-27-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

You mean like Disney's The Little Maid?

Aquaman the Musical
                        I cringe at the thought. Though an Aquaman movie in 3D would really please the kiddies. They'd love sea horses and sting rays swimming past their heads.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                          i hope to god they keep the original cast.
                          I read an interview with Ryan Reynolds who said if there's a sequal he is the man to do it, and Mark Strong saying when he signs a project like this he agrees to do follow up roles.

I want a sequel so bad. I think Hal and Sinestro had great chemistry. Mark Strong was absolutely perfect and Ryan Reynolds, I thought, gave Hal a lot of character and did a great job.
                          COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                            If we're talking about creating a franchise that becomes a cornerstone of WBs superhero franchise then I think that goes without saying. You could probably create something epic using her Greek mythology background.
                            Thus, why I mentioned Thor and the Norse mythology. It would have to be done in the same fashion. Speaking of fashion, I wonder if Wonder Wonder would sell more tickets with or without pants. DC's directive with the reboot, is that she should have pants.

And, I don't know if that goes without saying. I mean, there are numerous people here that love Green Lantern the way it is. Some have rated it as high as 10 out of 10. A Wonder Woman flick would have to do better than that given such high praise by it's fanbase still rendered disappointing numbers at the box office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch'psAcorn View Post
                              I read an interview with Ryan Reynolds who said if there's a sequal he is the man to do it, and Mark Strong saying when he signs a project like this he agrees to do follow up roles.

I want a sequel so bad. I think Hal and Sinestro had great chemistry. Mark Strong was absolutely perfect and Ryan Reynolds, I thought, gave Hal a lot of character and did a great job.
                              I think there was a total about 10 minutes of screen time where Sinestro and Hal were together. I don't think they said more than a page worth of lines to each either.

Comment

I think there was a total about 10 minutes of screen time where Sinestro and Hal were together. I don't think they said more than a page worth of lines to each either.
                                Yeah, that aspect was really shortchanged if they plan to have Hal's opposition to a fallen Sinestro have any real dramatic bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X