Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly i have yet to see the first Ghost Rider movie. Was it good?

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
      Sadly i have yet to see the first Ghost Rider movie. Was it good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
        it was just as good as GL. All style no substance.

Effects were good, but story lacked.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
          it was just as good as GL. All style no substance.

Effects were good, but story lacked.

Sound familiar to anyone?
          and GR had Eva Mendes in that white dress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            It has happened before when a movie becomes a sleeper DVD hit (though I don't have any examples at hand), but then the studio gives them less money for the sequel and that usually means less quality---law of diminishing returns.
            Hellboy II is a example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
              Did you like the first one?
              Not really. I don't even remember all that much about it to be honest. However, I'll pretty much see any movie based on a comic book.

I support the arts and single moms working at the strip club.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• This guy on this blogspot really annoyed me with his review of GL, he called GL the worst film of the year. What a jackass (and while you may that GL is bad, calling it the worst is a huge overstatement). Heck he called it worse than Batman and Robin (He's in the minor with his statement, thankfully). Of course his reviews was horribly done, but what he said is obnoxious (especially since he failed to acknowledge the fact that DC does not get to choose what characters gets to be on the big screen, instead choosing to pounce on them).
                Seriously a douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  I support the arts and single moms working at the strip club.

Comment

• this is not really "News" but it's worth posting

New York Comic Con: DC Entertainment Creative Chief Hopeful for 'Green Lantern' Film Sequel

Geoff Johns said "there is the hope that we will eventually see one" despite the weaker-than-hoped box office for this summer’s movie speaking on a panel at New York Comic Con, he said: "There is the hope that we will eventually see one."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-con-dc-248871
                    The British Lantern
                    Not A Moderator
                    Last edited by The British Lantern; 10-16-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Doesn't sound very promising.

Comment

• Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                        Doesn't sound very promising.
                        It cannot be hopeful because he has no say in a sequel.

Comment

• I would be surprised if the next GL movie wasn't a reboot already.

Comment

• There is always hope. But without a will to get a sequel done, all hope will amount to nothing.

I think somewhere down the road there will be a Green Lantern reboot. It's a growing franchise and I don't believe in comic book movie fatigue.
                            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                              There is always hope. But without a will to get a sequel done, all hope will amount to nothing.

I think somewhere down the road there will be a Green Lantern reboot. It's a growing franchise and I don't believe in comic book movie fatigue.
                              I agree with comic book fatigue...it's not there...so many awesome stories to yet tell. Besides my hope for another GL movie...I'm also hoping for a Captain Marvel flick.

Comment

• Funny that you mentioned Captain Marvel, because yesterday I was watching the recent Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam and thinking it would be cool to have a Captain Marvel flick. I mean, there was that 70's TV show, so it has the nostalgic thing going. And with the success of a Brady Bunch, Charlies Angels and other retro shows, it might be a very good idea to bring Shazam! to the big screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X