The Fate of Alan Scott (Speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fate of Alan Scott (Speculation)

Where is Alan during the Sinestro Wars? I have a theory and your ideas and speculations are appreciated. Since we now know that Ion and Parallax are the incarnation of willpower and fear and are basically parasites, what about the Starheart? It has "bonded" with Alan, sounds like a parasite to me. Maybe it is part of the emotional spectrum that has not yet been identified. Maybe it's Alan that will die, not Kyle. Everyone, including myself thought or thinks that since Kyle has become Parallax, he will eventually bite the big one. But what if Alan makes the ultimate sacrifice. Think about it. The Starheart is what has kept him from aging. If it is taken out won't he age and eventually die? Maybe the starheart will have a major role in this war?

What do you guys think?

the starheart is all the gather magic from the universe so the only emotion I could think of that might fit is HOPE but it's power is green so that work work with the current set up for these other four powers.

Also I don't think they'll kill Alan at all the only way I see him sacrificing him self is if it could bring Jade back. However I believe he was seperated from the Starheart in the Heart of Darkness mini. Plus his starheart powers where translated to his daughter

It just doesnt fit with the whole thing they've setup for The War. I think Alan will stay out of the fight until it reaches Earth or the GLC calls in other Heroes like Sup's and Bat's

Perhaps they'll call in the entire JLA and JSA and give them all rings to help destroy the SIN Corps
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I still think he has to play some part. Especially with the fact that the prophecy was given by The Empire of Tears who are creatures that are magic based and were defeated by the Guardians.

Besides, I think that with Alan gone John will join the JSA. Then you will have both GLs from earth on the major teams.

Comment

Alan was there in the Rann-Thanagar business, I don't see why we shouldn't expect to see him in some capacity for the Sinestro Corps War sooner or later unless he's tied up in the JSA indefinitely.

With guys like the Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, and Henshaw spearheading the Sinestro Corps, it can no longer just be called a "Green Lantern Corps problem." It's an everybody problem now.

Comment

Originally posted by glkilowog View Post
          I still think he has to play some part. Especially with the fact that the prophecy was given by The Empire of Tears who are creatures that are magic based and were defeated by the Guardians.

Besides, I think that with Alan gone John will join the JSA. Then you will have both GLs from earth on the major teams.
          Alan is not leaving the JSA. Alan is the JSA's Superman
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I thought Alan really got shortchanged in Rebirth. It looked like he might play a role in the finale, as he got set up earlier in the series as Parallax having some effect on him with the "I feel thirsty" line.

Then at the end, he and Jade just end up kind of standing around and leaving it up to the Corpsmen. Hopefully, he'll get involved in some fashion.

Comment

Alan is not leaving the JSA. Alan is the JSA's Superman
              I thought Captain Marvel was JSA's Superman. Alan is just their GL. Now that the multiverse exist maybe he will die in this earth and live in one of the"52."

Comment

I thought Captain Marvel was JSA's Superman.
                Pretty much how I'd see it, for what it's worth. Though for this very moment who or what Captain Marvel is is kind of being decided right now.

Comment

JLA JSA
                  Superman = Alan Scott
                  Batman = Wildcat
                  Wonder Woman = Jay Garrick

I am talking about what role the character plays to the team not what powers they bring to the table
                  GLJIMT
                  Last edited by GLJIMT; 07-07-2007, 02:58 AM.
                  My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

In the Post Crisis DCU Alan has long been refered to as the JSA's heavy hitter (ever since Supes was reconned out of their time of service) He was second only to the Spectre back in the day.

Anyway Geoff John's said in his Newsarama interview that the Starheart was not forgotten about...

Its my theory that since the Starheart energy was extracted from him (Green Lantern/Sentinal: Heart of Darkness) and he was required to use the ring again the entity is no longer inside of him.

It was supposedly killed in that miniseries.

Kyle as Ion may have recreated it when he gave Jade back her powers (she burned out her powers killing it in the aformentioned miniseries).

Jade's death and Kyle's becoming Ion again was no accident, Johns wrote IC, Marz who wrote the Ion maxi and the upcoming Parallax one shot wrote the Heart of Darkness mini. I'm sure they've talked about the Starheart.

Jade's dying gift was not mentioned in the Sinestro Corps mini... I think that's because its going to be a plot point later on... Sinestro ripped out Ion... what if the Starheart (whever of it is left) is still in Kyle with Parallax?

The Starheart was said to be all the Choas magic the Gaurdians could capture right? Sinnestro made a grand speech about bringing order to the universe...

If the Starheart is in there with Parallax and Kyle it's going to throw a big monkey wrench in the works.

Also the triple possession thing has already happened once... see Hal/Spectre/Parallax... so yeah I think that'll happen again.

Comment

I think Kyle's had the whale inside him for a long time. Maybe the moment Kyle destroyed Oa in Volume 3 #0 or later when he absorbed the Parallax afterenergies by the sun but it's definitely been in him for a while. I don't think it went anywhere after he used up his energy to bring back the Guardians.....but Jade is something of a wildcard.

My theory:

When Kyle as Ion used his god-powers as Ion to give Jade back her Starheart powers, then later when she died she gave all of her powers "back" to Kyle. From this ......

1) She actually physically held the Ion symbiote during all of this period, even while Kyle still stayed Ion a bit longer during his first run after giving her her powers (even without the symbiote itself, Kyle would still have the powers he received from the Parallax afterenergies).

2) Nothing, kyle kept the Ion symbiote all this time and just when she died and returned her powers to Kyle this re-sparked/recharged the Ion symbiote he still had inside him.

Comment

O.K., in "Rebirth" Alan experiences a weak moment. He brushes it off "as being thirsty." Could this be the effect of Parallax on the Starheart?

I think the "Old man" Kyle refers to is Alan. Sinestro would be more inclined to fight Hal than Kyle.

Alan will meet an ill fate.

Comment

I was right or I should say I could be right. Has anybody read Geoff's interview in NEWSARAMA?

NRAMA: And the Starheart? It wasn’t mentioned here, but will we find out about it in future issues?

GJ: It’s going to be addressed in the storyline.
                          I'm telling ya people, Alan is "The Old Man." Kyle is going to put the hurts on his once future father-in-law.

Comment

I was right or I should say I could be right. Has anybody read Geoff's interview in NEWSARAMA?

I'm telling ya people, Alan is "The Old Man." Kyle is going to put the hurts on his once future father-in-law.
                            I am begining to believe that Alan is the Old Man
                            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I guess I was wrong. I thought the "old man" was reffered to Hal with him being the "old man" of the corps. hmm very interesting, indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X