No announcement yet.

Where was SINESTRO for like ten years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was SINESTRO for like ten years?

Well we know that Geoff Johns retconned sinestros death and made the sinestro who got his neck broke in emerald twilight into a construct of parallax. Ok thats cool sinestro wasnt dead, but where the hell was he? and what was he doing even in the comics sinestro was out of action for a few years......any theories?? ..........And no I dont think he was at home washing his tights.
    TEN_RINGS
    Senior Corps Member
    Last edited by TEN_RINGS; 02-22-2011, 06:21 AM.

Watching football on Qward and eating chips.

Seriously, though, they'll likely never explore that, as it'll only cause more continuity problems and questions. There's really no acceptable answer.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Well supposedly he was helping Parallax "torment" Hal with constructs, implying that much of Hal's run as the Spectre was just Sinestro and Parallax messing with his head.

Personally, much as I enjoyed Rebirth, this was a major flaw, and unnecessary to boot.

I mean, let's look at this. Sinestro wanted to trash Hal's reputation and bring down the Corps. Those were his stated motivations in Rebirth, right? So, that being the case, why did he not act any sooner than Rebirth? Hal's reputation was steadily being restored (most Heroes seemed to have forgiven him by his funeral) to the point where even BATMAN was shown coming around. Meanwhile, Oa was recreated, the Guardians reborn, and the CPB repowered, and Kyle was working on restoring the Corps. Yet STILL Sinestro was lying low, as all his "gains" were eroded to nothing? It made no sense to me. (Of course, some of that has since been retconned by Johns, when he had Hal contrast his funeral with Barry's, implying that Barry had a heroes funeral, and he didn't, and that in fact his memorial was defaced. That, of course, never happened. Hal's funeral WAS a heroes funeral, and nobody ever defaced his memorial, but that inconvenient fact got in the way of the contrast Geoff wanted to paint, so POOF... it was changed.)

To me it seemed much more likely, and in character, to think that Sinestro put his plot to bring down Hal and the Corps into motion, but his arrogance led him to want to PERSONALLY confront Hal and deliver the final blow, never considering that he might actually LOSE that fight. His miscalculation, and his efforts thus far to corrupt Hal, lead to him getting his neck snapped. THAT would explain why he wasn't doing anything to further his agenda all that time. It also would allow one of the better arcs from the Spectre series to remain intact, one where a furious Sinestro was returned from the grave, then sent back.

And they STILL would have been able to have him there to be the driving force behind the events of Rebirth, since JUST before Rebirth, in JSA I believe, the Spectre guest-starred, and BUNCHES of people condemned by the Spectre in the past came back. Sinestro could EASILY have been in that bunch, and managed to stick around when it was all over due to his connection to Parallax, who was bonded to the Spectre along with Hal, and exerting influence over it, as we saw in Rebirth.

That's my take, anyway. It would have explained his inaction AND also explained why he took additional action right then, since it would have been his first opportunity after returning from the dead.
      Mister Ed
      Horse of a Different Color
      Last edited by Mister Ed; 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Do you want to get your mind blown? Check Green Lantern #57, page 4, panel 2.
        He was watching Kyle.
        Yes, within the context of the story it's obvious that this was meant to be Psimon - but it's never confirmed or denied. It could be Sinestro. Which is why I'm sticking to that theory. Especially since the color scheme of his scarf/hood combo screams "Classic Sinestro".

Comment

Clever. But clearly not the intent.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
            Do you want to get your mind blown? Check Green Lantern #57, page 4, panel 2.
            He was watching Kyle.
            Michael, if you have no info and want to be a troll, please stay out of TEN_RINGS' threads.
            [center]

Originally posted by W.West
            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Go look at the panel Michael posted. It's good for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                Clever. But clearly not the intent.
                Clearly. But it works.

And Kuhan, it's your birthday, so in honor of that, I won't call you a ridiculous ridiculous person. Deal? Deal.

Comment

It doesn't work. Sinestro has nothing but contempt and disregard for Kyle. There's no reason he'd ever keep tabs on him. Even though Kyle is one of the most powerful Green Lanterns, Sinestro barely deems him worthy of notice.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                    It doesn't work. Sinestro has nothing but contempt and disregard for Kyle. There's no reason he'd ever keep tabs on him. Even though Kyle is one of the most powerful Green Lanterns, Sinestro barely deems him worthy of notice.
                    That's not entirely true. It's all really a facade. I'm sure Sinestro considers Kyle completely worth his time. He just can't let on.
                    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

We have yet to see any proof of that, in the face of overwhelming proof to the contrary.

Comment

I bet he was watching Soranik.

Comment

The only reason Sinestro has any interest in Kyle at all is because he's boinking his daughter. Otherwise he views Kyle as inferior to Hal, who he's always been obsessed with.

Comment

Hm, well probably getting things in place for his own Corp, maybe investigating the Blackest Night prophecy, maybe he was tormenting Nero to have him test Kyle's limits, laughing at John Stewart, , watching his daughter grow up, laughing at the Darkstars, laughing at Guy Gardner (wait if GG took the Yellow ring from Sinestro corpse then how was his body inside the CPB?), plus Sinestro did appear during HJ Spectre run. I mean Sinestro had won, what else was he gonna do?
                            http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                            http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                            Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                            I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Originally posted by Gl Josh View Post
                              I mean Sinestro had won, what else was he gonna do?
                              Keep his "victory" from disappearing? His attempt to ruin Hal's reputation and make people view Hal like he, Sinestro, was viewed, was failing miserably, eroding day by day, as more and more people forgave Hal for his actions and viewed him as still a hero, including, eventually, Batman. The Guardians were reborn, the CPB repowered, and the Corps on its way back. His "victory" was evaporating every day.

You'd think he'd try to use his influence with Parallax to get Hal to commit another atrocity. Or maybe take the obvious opportunity to eliminate the Guardians as children (when they MUST have been more vulnerable). Or do SOMETHING.

Comment

Working...
                              X