Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #67 Pushed Back To July smmfh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh it seems like forever since the last ones came out , it's not like they've been pushed to the beginning of july either Has there been any info on when we find out who this new lantern is or is he just introduced in september ?

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
      i'm sorry but what's the point of Aftermath if everything just gets rebooted in Sep., in fact what's the point in this War if it too is rebooted after Sep.?
      Nothing gets rebooted. The only people saying "reboot" are fans.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
        Well there are some minor changes to the costume like Armored shoulders. and maybe some more who knows.
        well from the same pic he doesn't have a ring on.......... and his con. is coming from "down below" so.........

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          Nothing gets rebooted. The only people saying "reboot" are fans.
          Nothing? So Superman and Lois get a divorce, and THAT'S why they aren't married any more? Interesting.

Comment

yeah explain that, how is that NOT a reboot?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

ive still yet to get my question answered....

will these new numbers 1's basicly continue the continuity but instead of going to the original 68 numbering will they make this sort of the vol 5 as a number 1?
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                ive still yet to get my question answered....

will these new numbers 1's basicly continue the continuity but instead of going to the original 68 numbering will they make this sort of the vol 5 as a number 1?
                The answer is, we don't really know the answer yet. On the one hand, they have been careful to say it is not a reboot, but on the other they have revealed a NUMBER of things that really seem quite "reboot-y". And they have made it pretty clear that the intention is that nobody NEEDS ANY familiarity with previous continuity to jump on at this point.

Signs DO seem to point to Green Lantern, specifically, being only minimally, if at all, affected by WHATEVER they may or may not be changing.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last part of your question as, aside from the move from Vol. 1 to Vol. 2, switching Volumes in GL has never meant cutting off the immediately preceding continuity (though it has meant some tweaks here and there).

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  The answer is, we don't really know the answer yet. On the one hand, they have been careful to say it is not a reboot, but on the other they have revealed a NUMBER of things that really seem quite "reboot-y". And they have made it pretty clear that the intention is that nobody NEEDS ANY familiarity with previous continuity to jump on at this point.

Signs DO seem to point to Green Lantern, specifically, being only minimally, if at all, affected by WHATEVER they may or may not be changing.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last part of your question as, aside from the move from Vol. 1 to Vol. 2, switching Volumes in GL has never meant cutting off the immediately preceding continuity (though it has meant some tweaks here and there).
                  sorry i was trying to find the right way to post it.

im asking instead of going with the original numbering after gl 67 will the continuity after that issue be put into these new number 1's regarding

gl

glc

gl new guardians.

im just wondering because when i hear the word reboot i think drastic charachter story chages like remove hal from test pilot to navy seal or some bs like that.

Comment

sorry i was trying to find the right way to post it.

im asking instead of going with the original numbering after gl 67 will the continuity after that issue be put into these new number 1's regarding

gl

glc

gl new guardians.

im just wondering because when i hear the word reboot i think drastic charachter story chages like remove hal from test pilot to navy seal or some bs like that.

The continuity I am pretty sure is going to stay the same, they are just removing things that don't work anymore in characters' pasts. (Atleast, that's what I believe from all the interviews I've read.) So don't worry they aren't changing Hal from being a test pilot and I mean I hope to god they aren't.
                    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                      The continuity I am pretty sure is going to stay the same, they are just removing things that don't work anymore in characters' pasts. (Atleast, that's what I believe from all the interviews I've read.) So don't worry they aren't changing Hal from being a test pilot and I mean I hope to god they aren't.
                      ok thanks man.

i wouldnt mind if they changed kyle from an artist to something like a boxer or mma fighter.

i hope to god they really do something with john because i think hes really lacking in story but there good at using him for shock value

Comment

i wouldnt mind if they changed kyle from an artist to something like a boxer or mma fighter.
                        Are you serious? Why even still call him Kyle at that point? That would totally change to nature of the character.

Comment

Are you serious? Why even still call him Kyle at that point? That would totally change to nature of the character.

they could make kyle a bit darker in charachter so hear me out

kyle is a struggling artist who cant seem to get work.

hes frustrated and decides he needs to express that frustration by getting into boxing or mma.

he overcomes his anger and frustration

his will and heart is what builds him into a great fighter.

kind of like a mix of eddie brock and rocky balboa

Comment

hes frustrated and decides he needs to express that frustration by getting into boxing or mma.

But he isn't a dark character. He's a "lover not a fighter" type, really, and changing that this drastically would really erase the character as he has existed, IMHO.

Comment

This makes me want to punch a puppy.

Comment

But he isn't a dark character. He's a "lover not a fighter" type, really, and changing that this drastically would really erase the character as he has existed, IMHO.
                                hey i admit ive only followed the mythos for going on 3 years now.....

you guys know more about it than i do when it comes to the silver age and golden age era.

but i do think kyle needs some form of new charachter story.

the question is what should it be because hals already airforce and john is marine. so what make kyle a navy seal or something?

and tbh i cant even remember what guy did before becoming a lantern.

Comment

Working...
                                X