Green Lantern #15 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
    I'm gonna buck the trend here. I think Baz's story is pretty good.
    I agree 100%. Cramming it into a crossover is bad, but I don't hate the character at all. People need to relax and stop being such stereotypical fanboys!
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
      I understand about having an open mind but I buy the book for my favorite character, Hal Jordan, I buy most books for the character not the story. I prefer a good story with my favorite characters over a bad one but still (I bought Reign in Hell). Anyways I know a lot of fans just want Hal back and also not let the story get sidetracked by a brand new character.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

So the REAL terrorist was a white American. I'm fucking SHOCKED. Who would EVER see THAT one coming?

What a twist!

And yet again, Green Lantern only shows up on one page! That has gotten BEYOND old. The main character shows up on one page each month during this arc, and that same page is repeated every month. The tiny subplot doesn't move foreward or go anywhere, just repeats itself like goddamn Groundhog Day.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
          ...People need to relax and stop being such stereotypical fanboys!
          Says the most vocal decrier of a mini-series (*cough* Rebirth *cough*) generally well regarded among GL readers.

Comment

Yeah, Rebirth was pretty bad ass. If GL was as good now as i was then, things would be great.

And Volthoom? There goes my theory that the first lantern was a time travelling Sinestro. Now it's the nU52 version of Earth 3's Power Ring benefactor. At least THAT opens up some good possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
              Not only does Baz and his story not matter to me at all, but the whole "Zombie Invasion by Not-Zombies" route Geoff is going feels very flat. It's a step down from Blackest Night.

Today was one of the first days I thought to myself "maybe you should drop GL...", which despite not caring for the majority of it for the last 2 years, I hadn't considered before. Not a good sign.
              Took the words right out of my mouth.

It's a sad sad day for Lantern fans. I guess it had to happen at some point. We got 5 really good years though. For the first time in 19 years I'm not buying Green Lantern.

Comment

I'm not far off from you Jack-O-Lantern. I feel like my love affair for GL is hanging by a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  I agree 100%. Cramming it into a crossover is bad, but I don't hate the character at all. People need to relax and stop being such stereotypical fanboys!
                  I don't have a problem with Baz, if he was in his own book Id probably read it. I just won't read about him at the expense of a character I do care about. Don't think that makes me a fanboy, just a consumer who doesn't like a product.

Comment

I thought this issue was alright. It is definantly moving the story along. I don't believe Baz is a permanent green lantern, but more of a filler for now kind of thing! But whats really bugging me is who that guy in the dead zone is? he's apparently 'sinestro's enemy and Hal jordans friend' well that narrows it down

Comment

Volthoom!!! That is great I always loved Power Ring, the last one died in a super punk way. It will be interesting to see if this links into Trinity War.
                      http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
                      http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
                      Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
                      I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Originally posted by DocLantern View Post
                        I don't have a problem with Baz, if he was in his own book Id probably read it. I just won't read about him at the expense of a character I do care about. Don't think that makes me a fanboy, just a consumer who doesn't like a product.
                        Originally posted by Belle007 View Post
                        I thought this issue was alright. It is definantly moving the story along. I don't believe Baz is a permanent green lantern, but more of a filler for now kind of thing! But whats really bugging me is who that guy in the dead zone is? he's apparently 'sinestro's enemy and Hal jordans friend' well that narrows it down
                        I hope Baz's name is cleared now because it's going to be annoying if they keep stringing that out but since the evidence blew up, that's probably what they'll do.

Comment

I'm actually enjoying Baz's story and we got B'dge to get him away. However, the 3rd Army has felt as a slow burn, especially when it's over in 2 months.

Comment

Nothing against Baz, but for some reason this whole thing with hal has been bugging me.
                            (It seems that they resurrected Hal, made him a GL again wrote the book fairly well (with a few hiccups here and there) and got his popularity up to the point where WB went ahead with the movie that was already in development stasis until the character's popularity warranted the Green light
                            they build up more and more hype in the books making Hal almost completely washed clean of his dark days until the movie arrives.

the movie flops (although I personally enjoy it a great deal)

Suddenly Hal's being written off and in no time flat is (at least from comments made in the current issue) essentially killed off. Now granted this could just be a massive swerve before they make Hal the A number One GL again but it seems to me that they only brought Hal back to warrant a movie and that his tenure was never intended to be a long running one.
                            Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

I loved this issue, The more I see of Simon he slightly grows on me, but I absolutely love Agent Franklin Fed, I wish he became the new Green Lantern but still the more I see of Fed makes me like the character.

I honestly don't like only getting one page of Hal and Sinestro but it did feel we got a lot out of the one page so I'll be patient with it. I am intrigued to see who is guiding Hal and Sinestro being a friend of Hal's and an Enemy of Sinestro's. I want to know exactly how dead they are honestly, and I do believe this will lead to Hal becoming a Black Lantern.

Honestly I want Hal and Sinestro to have their own book and as long as they kept Agent Fed and Simon together I would buy that book too.
                              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
                                Nothing against Baz, but for some reason this whole thing with hal has been bugging me.
                                (It seems that they resurrected Hal, made him a GL again wrote the book fairly well (with a few hiccups here and there) and got his popularity up to the point where WB went ahead with the movie that was already in development stasis until the character's popularity warranted the Green light
                                they build up more and more hype in the books making Hal almost completely washed clean of his dark days until the movie arrives.

the movie flops (although I personally enjoy it a great deal)

Suddenly Hal's being written off and in no time flat is (at least from comments made in the current issue) essentially killed off. Now granted this could just be a massive swerve before they make Hal the A number One GL again but it seems to me that they only brought Hal back to warrant a movie and that his tenure was never intended to be a long running one.

Honestly Hal being apparently killed off in the current issue I believe is just the beginning on his transformation into the Greatest Black Lantern that was said a few issues back. Hal is still the #1 Green Lantern with his Animated Series and Video game appearances. Geoff is just building up Simon at this point.

Honestly I think the return of the Animated Series is what is taking away my impatience from this book.
                                No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Working...
                                X