Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like Supergirl's costume..
    makes me think that somehow Powergirl & Supergirl are the same person in the DCnU!

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

• SUPERMAN Solicitations for DECEMBER 2011

SUPERMAN #4

Written by GEORGE PEREZ
      Art by JESUS MERINO
      Breakdowns and cover by GEORGE PEREZ
      On sale DECEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
      Discover the origin of the new foes who have been making The Man of Steel’s life so painful and chaotic lately. What are their ties to the current ACTION COMICS epic? Plus, Lois Lane uncovers a tragic secret from Superman’s past!
      ** Not final cover. Previous interior art shown.

ACTION COMICS #4

Written by GRANT MORRISON and JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV
      Art by RAGS MORALES, GENE HA, RICK BRYANT and MATT CAMP
      Cover by RAGS MORALES
      Variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
      1:200 B&W Variant cover by RAGS MORALES
      On sale DECEMBER 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
      Is your mind prepared for an encounter with the deadly Terminauts? What awful master do they serve? What horrible fate awaits Superman and the city of Metropolis? The true scope of Grant Morrison and Rags Morales’ ACTION COMICS run begins to come into view, so get those sunglasses ready, ‘cause it is gonna be blinding!
      And in a backup story from writer Joshua Hale Fialkov and artist Matt Camp that spins out of ACTION COMICS #2, John Henry Irons takes his first steps toward becoming the hero known as Steel!

SUPERBOY #4

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
      Art by R.B. SILVA and ROB LEAN
      Cover by SHANE DAVIS and JONATHAN GLAPION
      On sale DECEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
      Superboy has learned the truth about what he really is...and he’s not taking it well. Alone in New York and surrounded by holiday cheer, it’s a struggle to keep his emotions and his powers in check...and he’s on a crash course with a dangerous pair of murderous young metahumans who are more like him than he might want to admit!
      ** Not final cover

SUPERGIRL #4

Written by MICHAEL GREEN and MIKE JOHNSON
      Art and cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
      On sale DECEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
      Trapped and powerless aboard a space station, Supergirl is at the mercy of an ingenious new foe who wants to learn everything there is to know about her. But Supergirl is more than just her powers, and she’ll soon show this foe – and all of Earth – what’s she truly capable of! Plus, more on the Girl of Steel’s mysterious origin!

Comment

• Superboy #1 reminded me of a better version of Kyle XY.

http://www.twitter.com/TheOtherMarioC

Comment

• Supergirl #1 PREVIEW

Comment

• that outfit is just not appropriate

Comment

• I found this on Newsarama in their Agent Of Style article on Superboy. http://www.newsarama.com/comics/agen...oy-110919.html

Recently, DC decided that it was time to relaunch the fictional universe yet again, twenty-five years after the Crisis. Just about everyone has had their history revised or compressed. A new Superboy series has begun now, written by Scott Lobdell. According to Lobdell during the San Diego Comic-Con 2011, Superboy's history is largely intact up until the point that he joined Young Justice with Robin and Impulse in 1998. So he's still a Kryptonian-human clone hybrid. But as the story opens up, he's been the prisoner of an organization called N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for months now. Its scientists are trying to figure out how exactly he was created and what makes him tick and in the process they evidently wiped out his memories.

Superboy has information and data in his head but no memories to guide his emotions or actions. He is exploring the world like an android trying to absorb information before it can decide what course to take. At times, N.O.W.H.E.R.E. has put him in a containment suit equipped with sensors to monitor his unique tactile-telekinesis. Since Superboy now acts more alien than Clark does, the suit actually makes a bit of sense in conveying that visually. At the same time, it looks as if he intended to audition for the next TRON movie.

Along with starring in his own title, Superboy is going to appear in the pages of the brand-new Teen Titans series. Promotional images for that book have shown him wearing a black shirt and trousers with a sheet of paper taped to his back, decorated by a marker-drawn S-shield. Readers have been told that this all black outfit that makes the Krypton Kid look like a night club bartender is actually not going to be his new, standard uniform and that's certainly a good thing. So between this and the strange N.O.W.H.E.R.E. suit, there's no telling just what Superboy will be wearing in the DCnU. We'll just have to wait and see.

Until next time, this is Alan Kistler, Agent of S.T.Y.L.E., signing off.
              So it's still Conner but a Mind Wiped Conner. Which actually relieves a lot of my conserves with this book.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Damnit, now I wanna get Titans and Superboy monthly too....

DAMN YOU DC!!!

~KL~

Comment

• for anyone NOT getting S-girl #1

Four Biggest Ways DC's 'The New 52' Has Changed Supergirl

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Superman #1 PREVIEW
                    Writer: George Perez
                    Artist: Jesus Merino & George Perez

Comment

• God I hate when writers put in those boxes to tell you exactly what is going on in the scene right under it. From the way that it is written I am just gonna assume that this is potentially supposed allude to the fact that it's a new s article someone is writing. But I do hate that shit. We don't need a narrative box saying Superman punched a dude in the face when we can see right on the page that Superman is punching someone in the face.
                      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• The New 52 Interviews: Supergirl

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                          Superman #1 PREVIEW
                          Writer: George Perez
                          Artist: Jesus Merino & George Perez
                          I like the art, hate the dialogue.

Comment

• Morrison's Superman is a Man of "Action"

Comment

• Superman #1 is by far the best Superman issue I've read in years. I liked the narrative boxes that were supposed to be Clark's words, and I like how they used his super hearing in the end. It's the first time since Kyle's rookie days where I actually felt sorry for the character in the comic. My wife even read it and said she felt bad for him LOL

I'm surprised Perez wrote this. Really... I liked it better than Morrison's Action #1. The only thing that was cool from that issue was the mention of the "Steel soldier project."

I'm still waiting to see just how Superman's S was put on a t-shirt before he ever wore what is now his super-suit.

~KL~

Comment

• George Perez Off SUPERMAN Writing Duties as of Issue #7

The new creative team as of Superman #7 will be writer Keith Giffen and Dan Jurgens on layouts and/or pencils. Pérez may remain on the title as finisher/inker.

Pérez, a comic book industry veteran, had been doing Superman double-duty, both writing the book and handling breakdowns and covers. Jesus Merino provided finished art. Superman #1 debuted in comic shops this week.

This is the second of DC's The New 52 titles that Giffen has taken over as writer. Last week, he was announced as replacing J.T. Krul on Green Arrow as of December's #4, a book which also includes Pérez and Jurgens on the creative team. This is the third DC New 52 creative team change as of this point — earlier this month, John Rozum stepped down as co-writer of Static Shock.

DC Comics declined comment Friday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X