No announcement yet.

Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Giffen but if Jurgens is on art then I'm out. I couldn't force myself to pick up GA after seeing the previews. IDK what it is, I just don't care for his style.

~KL~

Comment

• Action Comics #2 “Goes To Backorder”

Comment

• You mentioned how Superman is on the path to becoming the world's first superhero. So what about the other superheroes? How soon before we see Superman interacting with Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice Leaguers featured in the new Geoff Johns/Jim Lee title?

There is a Justice League scene coming up pretty soon. I think it's in "Action Comics" #6. You get to see my take on this early Justice League with this very powerful sort of kid who is trying to relate to them all.
        Morrison writing the Justice League again? Even if it's only for one issue, this made my day.

Can't say that I'm sad to see Perez off of Superman, issue #1 did absolutely nothing for. Nothing.

Comment

• Action Comics #2 PREVIEW
          Writer: Grant Morrison
          Artist: Rags Morales/Brent Anderson

Comment

• ART TOUR on The Source with Rags Morales
            ACTION COMICS artist Rags Morales (and series writer Grant Morrison) take us behind-the-scenes of re-imagining Superman for 2011 and beyond, as seen in the extras of issue #2 on sale today.

Here, Rags explains what iconic figures influenced his rendition of Superman. Check it out in the art below.

And here, Rags discusses Superman’s physical strength, which is visible in the pencil and color process piece shown below.

via The Source

Comment

• Andy Kubert To "Action Comics" In January

New York Comic Con is still four days away, but the news blitz expected to accompany the last big convention of the year has already started in earnest.

DC Comics announced today via a story in the New York Post that artist Andy Kubert, fresh off the universe-changing "Flashpoint" event, will join writer Grant Morrison for a two-issue stint on "Action Comics" starting with January's #5. Regular series artist Rags Morales will be back for issue #7.

"When Editor Matt Idelson asked if I would be interested and/or able to fit into my schedule two upcoming issues of Action Comics with Grant, I couldn’t say no,” Kubert told DC's The Source blog in a follow up post. “I don’t know of any other artist that would have. Drawing the latest incarnation of Superman and working with one of the best writers on the planet made it a very easy decision for me. And in this story, I get to do some VERY iconic stuff! I gotta admit, I’m a little nervous… Fun Fact for those keeping score: I had never drawn Superman in a comics interior for an entire issue. I had done inking over Dan Jurgens and Jerry Ordway for an issue each over their beautiful pencils way (and I mean WAY) back when but this is my first opportunity to pencil the Man of Steel interior pages for my very own!”

The Post also mentioned that DC will also "reveal the surprising origin of a longtime member of the Justice League" at the show and spoke with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso about that company's plans for their Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man franchises.

For more, see the NY Post, and stay tuned to CBR for more on Kubert's move and all the news coming from New York Comic Con 2011.

Comment

• Comment

• Superboy #2 PREVIEW
                  Writer: Scott Lobdell
                  Artist: RB Silva

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      Superboy #2 PREVIEW
                      Writer: Scott Lobdell
                      Artist: RB Silva
                      ... What the fuck?

Nasty ass cover art.

Dammit. They're starting to throw the scraps at Superboy already...

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

• Green & Johnson Crash Land With "Supergirl"

Comment

• Superman EARTH ONE Volume 2 Cover by Shane Davis

Comment

• Dan Jurgens and Keith Giffen to write and draw SUPERMAN for DC COMICS-THE NEW 52

Comment

• NYCC 2011: DC All Access: SUPERMAN Panel

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                Superman EARTH ONE Volume 2 Cover by Shane Davis

oh shit, looks like he saw what Zack Snyder made him wear in the new movie lol

Comment

Working...
                                X