This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
    Not mute, selective hearing doesn't count. Moot, because it's pointless. If you're going to turn a phrase, turn it in the right direction.
    Originally posted by Tazer View Post
    Yo. if U cant stand the ribbing recieved from yur association of being a GL fan due to Alan now being gay, yur either extremely thin-skinned or a homophobe. .. Tazer
    Now, if we are going to talk about the proper use of words I think we should also get rid of this word "homophobe." It's nonsensical.

(1) While some people who persecute homosexuals may indeed be afraid of them, it's not the fear but the hatred that the term is used for. We don't refer to racists as "race-phobes," so why make up this term?

(2) Even more importantly, it doesn't mean that. Literally, if you break down the etymology of the word it means "fear of sameness." That's silly. One of my friend's uses the term "anti-gay." That's much, much more accurate and appropriate.

Comment

• oh so Alan is gay now cool........ I really couldn't care

Comment

• The point is moo- like a cow'a opinion, it doesn't matter.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Now, if we are going to talk about the proper use of words I think we should also get rid of this word "homophobe." It's nonsensical.

(1) While some people who persecute homosexuals may indeed be afraid of them, it's not the fear but the hatred that the term is used for. We don't refer to racists as "race-phobes," so why make up this term?

(2) Even more importantly, it doesn't mean that. Literally, if you break down the etymology of the word it means "fear of sameness." That's silly. One of my friend's uses the term "anti-gay." That's much, much more accurate and appropriate.
          You need to tone down all that logic.

Some people can't accept the fact that people can morally be against homosexuality and not be "homophobes".

They might bust an artery.

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

actually, the term can be used in either "the fear of...." OR "the hatred of...." -context; its use is fluid. and as my statement lends itself toward IF being more afraid of any contact with the GL-franchise & homosexuality, Id say my use of it is right on point.

that U tend to view/define it 1 way doesnt eliminate its other use comrade......

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
            The point is moo- like a cow'a opinion, it doesn't matter.
            + YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Originally posted by Jay Burg View Post

Some people can't accept the fact that people can morally be against homosexuality and not be "homophobes".

and if that were true of the person who's the subject of this thread diversion, I would agree....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I am not super excited about the fact that the GL symbol may become the new Earing in the right symbol. I already have a hard enough time explaining that Green Lantern and Green Hornet are not the same people. and Why the Cartoon Green Lantern is a Black dude but the movie GL was a white dude.

I hate all the Explaining that comes with the symbol.
              Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Burg View Post

Would you perfer gay-cist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                    When I'm chatting with you I picture Lamar from Revenge Of The Nerds.

Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                      actually, the term can be used in either "the fear of...." OR "the hatred of...." -context; its use is fluid. and as my statement lends itself toward IF being more afraid of any contact with the GL-franchise & homosexuality, Id say my use of it is right on point.
                      Okay, then point #2 remains; it doesn't mean fear of homosexual. It means fear of same. If I have "fear of same" (if that even means anything) it could mean I'm afraid of short guys with glasses.

Comment

• ok how about this, DC wants AS gay fine let'em keep him gay (not a fan of him anyway) but lets force them not to use the GL name and symbol, call him something else that way they don't gay it all up (like with the rainbow)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                          ok how about this, DC wants AS gay fine let'em keep him gay (not a fan of him anyway) but lets force them not to use the GL name and symbol, call him something else that way they don't gay it all up (like with the rainbow)
                          but..... but..... they did use the rainbow we know it as the emotional spectrum

so in a way it kind of fits if you think about it ion
                          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• NOT HELPING TAZZ.

and others that also are not helping

< link here

now their going after my boy............... no homo

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                              NOT HELPING TAZZ.

and others that also are not helping
                              who cares? as long as he still kicks ass why does it matter if he is gay or straight?
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                                Would you perfer gay-cist?
                                How bout nothing, since there's not a need to "label".

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

Working...
                                X