X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know when the Trades for the new 52 are out? might pick a few up

Comment

• Yo.

Q: how is it that Flashpoint affected Earth 2, when its a wholly separate universe with its own timestream?!??

aside from "By The POWAH of Geoff Johns, I Command Thee!!", I fail to see how this is possible, but maybe somebody here can fill me in.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
        Yo.

*looks for the "blow up SanFran" -button on his kb........*

Tazer
        I'll push it for ya.. dont forget berzerkely.

* gets family out of the way beforehand *

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
          Yo.

Q: how is it that Flashpoint affected Earth 2, when its a wholly separate universe with its own timestream?!??

aside from "By The POWAH of Geoff Johns, I Command Thee!!", I fail to see how this is possible, but maybe somebody here can fill me in.

Tazer
          Well considering that it didn't make any sense for it to have the effects it had on the MAIN DCU, I don't think it matters much. I mean, really, STOPPING a time-traveller from changing the past screws up the present in every way imaginable? Huh? I seem to recall Barry's parents being alive without any of that nonsense BEFORE Zoom went back and messed with it. Seems to me that stopping him would restore THAT, not mess up everything else...

Comment

• I think it's pretty much been established that the Purple Hooded woman did it.

I mean, she's DC's version of the Scarlet Witch.

" No more DC Universe as you all know it. "

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Well considering that it didn't make any sense for it to have the effects it had on the MAIN DCU, I don't think it matters much. I mean, really, STOPPING a time-traveller from changing the past screws up the present in every way imaginable? Huh? I seem to recall Barry's parents being alive without any of that nonsense BEFORE Zoom went back and messed with it. Seems to me that stopping him would restore THAT, not mess up everything else...
              see now, wat happened there in Flash: Rebirth was Prof. Zoom was messing around time with the Blessings of "the Geoff", and Barrys attempts to stop it ran counter to current DCU/Didio scripture........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Writer Announced for a 'Wonder Woman' Movie
                Is this good news or...not so good news?

Who's a character many comic fans want to see on the big screen? If you said Wonder Woman, you'll want to read this carefully. We all know comic book movies are getting a lot of attention these days. The other day Variety reported some news about a possible Justice League movie written by Gangster Squad writer Will Beall. If you're not familiar with Beall, he's also writing the script for the Lethal Weapon reboot.

A Justice League movie seems like a no-brainer. There is concern over whether or not WB will jump straight into it or try to build up separate characters first. Christian Bale is pretty much finished being Batman even though he said he'd be up for a fourth try if it was done correctly. I don't see him in a Justice League movie.

What's more surprising is the news about a possible Wonder Woman movie.

Cinema Blend has reported that Michael Goldenberg has been hired to write the script. Goldenberg is no stranger to comic book movies as he also was the co-writer for Green Lantern...

Hopefully WB will keep a close eye on this and do whatever they can to build up a Wonder Woman franchise, especially if they want to tie it to a Justice League movie. Variety also mentioned that Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green are still working on a screenplay for The Flash with Greg Berlanti possibly directing. We'll have to see what official word is released before we start getting excited or worried.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/writer...-movie/144797/
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by The British Lantern View Post
                  Anybody know when the Trades for the new 52 are out? might pick a few up
                  They've started to roll out already, I know Batman and Justice League have been out for a little bit now, and I think Detective came out today. I'll see if I can find a release schedule, I know I've seen one before.

Comment

• That would be awesome thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The British Lantern View Post
                      That would be awesome thanks.
                      This has the months each trade will come out, but not individual dates.

Comment

• Keep in mind some are coming out straight to paperback (e.g., Green Arrow), but others they know they can milk (e.g., Wonder Woman) are coming out in hardcover first.

Comment

• Let's not act as if Wonder Woman has always gotten hardcovers. I think it may be in Azzarello's contract that its in hardcover, but I still think it says a lot about this run and how happy they are with the sales to release it in that format.

Comment

• So I already posted this in the Superman thread but I thought I'd crosspost it in this thread since we might be seeing the new 52 debut of an old character in Action Comics, keep in mind that this is all speculation.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            After rereading the issue there's another possibility on who the telepath may be, at the beginning of the issue Nimrod mentions that there are two farms at the epicenter of the "Midwest Superman sightings", one of which is of course the Kent Farm and the other is left unnamed. However the fact that Clark left his farm to the Blake family and the fact that the "Blake Farm Ghost" is specifically mentioned by name makes me think that the other farm is the Blake family farm and that the "First Superman" worked out of there. Next we have the telepath who's name is apparently Adam, now assuming that he is in fact suppose to be the "First Superman" that would mean he would have ties to the Blake Farm, which means he could in fact be Adam Blake aka Captain Comet. The costumes do seem to be a bit similar as well, so this could be possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              Let's not act as if Wonder Woman has always gotten hardcovers. I think it may be in Azzarello's contract that its in hardcover, but I still think it says a lot about this run and how happy they are with the sales to release it in that format.
                              They will go to trade paperback at some point, right? I haven't read any of the new WW, but have heard enough that I'd like to. I don't however, particularly want to pay just as much for the collection as I would've to get the original issues.

Comment

• Palmiotti & Gray Go Pulp with "Phantom Lady"

Comment

Working...
                                X