This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marvelous Iggy View Post
    I am so down with the Captain America twist.
    "Take me by my little hand and go like this...".........or something (sorry, freeked for a second).

I didn't like that the news was basically a blow up spoiler, but it's extremely interesting. Glad I subscribed, I like Saiz' art.

Comment

• LOOK: NEW "LUKE CAGE" PHOTOS REVEAL CLASSIC MARVEL COMICS VILLAIN

Comment

• Marvel News Thread Vol. 8

Blockbuster new titles. Shocking new status quos. Top-tier creators. This is Marvel NOW!.

It all starts this fall as the Marvel Universe charges forward into an ambitious new direction. As the industry’s top creators and hottest up-and-coming voices leave their mark on the world’s top super heroes, get ready for the most exciting and energetic comics on the stands! Prepare for all-new ongoing series, Earth-shattering status quo shifts, and an exciting new era of Marvel comics!

Kicking off this bold publishing initiative is the free MARVEL NOW! PREVIEWS MAGAZINE, coming to comic shops on July 13! This free, standalone magazine is your first look at the cataclysmic fallout of Civil War II and the landscape of the Marvel Universe to come. Packed cover-to-cover with huge reveals, new titles, and fresh creative directions, the MARVEL NOW! PREVIEWS MAGAZINE is your very first look at the hottest upcoming titles of 2016!

“Marvel NOW! is about the future of the Marvel Universe,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “We’re excited to provide fans with a snapshot of things to come right before San Diego Comic-Con. Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles, returning favorites and even some shocking status quo shifts that are sure to keep fans guessing all the way through Civil War II. There has never been a better time to be a Marvel reader.”

Building upon our rich history with an eye towards tomorrow, Marvel NOW! marks the next evolution of Marvel Comics – and a thrilling leap forward. Be there as it all kicks off on July 13th! Run, don’t walk to your local comic shop to get your hands on the free MARVEL NOW! PREVIEWS MAGAZINE! The future is Marvel and it’s happening NOW!

Comment

• Interesting issue, at least Marvel tried something different. I think it only pales in comparison to the Punisher #1, because it stands on its stands well on its own merits. Sure beats the living yeah-hoo out of the current Daredevil run imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            I can only imagine what she thinks of Power Girl's tit-porthole.
            I'm laughing so hard my computer's tipping over. A future term paper: "Exploring the Tit-Porthole Through the Eyes of Beavis' Cornholio".

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Well, they went interesting and different with Captain America.

Comment

• Luke Cage Set Photos (SPOILERS) Reveal a Villain for the Netflix Series
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• So, what issue did Cap become young again and when did Sharon Carter return and why does she look old?
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      Between this and Rebirth time is a flat circle.

Comment

• ‘Legion’ EP Noah Hawley Explains His Plans for the “Surreal” FX Series

Comment

• Saw X-Men: Apocalypse. Good movie. Apocalypse is a pretty shitty villain though. Cyclops was the best part of it for me(though he didn't get a BIG moment). Unfortunately, the big action fight was the worst part of the movie. The Wolverine stuff isn't even shown to keep the PG-13 rating, the horsemen specifically Psylocke didn't do shit and to make things worse, they did 100% of the work. Apocalypse did nothing!

I still enjoyed it though, and gotta wonder what Singer could have deleted because it feels like a movie with a ton of it cut out. Quicksilver's scene in this one was amazing though. Nothing short of amazing.

Despite Apocalypse being worthless, its better than DoFP and probably one of the best X-Men movies simply because of the new cast and the First Class.

Comment

• I also just got back from seeing it. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. The new cast was really solid and I enjoyed a lot of the character moments, but the plot was jumbled and I absolutely agree that Apocalypse doesn't work. I also thought the costumes overall were meh.

I'd rank this one the lowest of Singer's X-men movies easily. It really needed a couple rewrites and a better edit. Even then, it'd still have the problem of trying to make Apocalypse work.
                            MEH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
                              I also just got back from seeing it. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. The new cast was really solid and I enjoyed a lot of the character moments, but the plot was jumbled and I absolutely agree that Apocalypse doesn't work. I also thought the costumes overall were meh.

I'd rank this one the lowest of Singer's X-men movies easily. It really needed a couple rewrites and a better edit. Even then, it'd still have the problem of trying to make Apocalypse work.
                              Wow, am I glad I read the impressions here first. This board is saving me some time and money, thanks! The only great reviews I've read are on Facebook, but I'm guessing that's where everybody goes specifically to prematurely gush.

Many thanks for the input!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                                So, what issue did Cap become young again and when did Sharon Carter return and why does she look old?

Cap reverted to a younger age in the Standoff event. I forget exactly which issue. Sharon was lost in Dimension-Z and was brought back all within Remender's run on Captain America. She looks old because she aged while in Dimension-Z, as time passes differently, and was aged up to match Old Man Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X