This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    Glad to see DC snap up Jones considering they missed out on Charretier. Now if they can just get Dan Mora they'll have signed 2 of the 3 artists I wanted them to...
    C'mon DC, sign the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
      You weren't a fan of the old Scooby and Johnny Quest shows? I barely was able to watch the old Quest, because that was being replaced with the "Real Adventures" reboot when I was watching cartoons, but I can't even begin to guess how many Scooby episodes I've seen over the years.
      I think I would've liked Scooby more if they faced actual monsters and ghosts instead of always being fake. Even as a little kid, I picked up on that device and dismissed the show because of it.

Comment

C'mon DC, sign the man.
        i like it but... those big fuckin bathands though....
        "Chosen"
        NOT his black friend
        Last edited by "Chosen"; 08-12-2016, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• I dig it too. Reminds me a little of that artist that's been with Dan Slott's Spiderman for awhile now, but it isn't so cartoony that it's distracting like that other guy's work. I could get on board with this guy on something like Titans or GLC. Of course anybody actually working on a JSA or LoSH title would also get me feeling hopeful again for new DC stuff I might enjoy.

~M~

Comment

• I've seen almost every episode of every iteration of Scooby Doo.

Comment

C'mon DC, sign the man.
              Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
              i like it but... those big fuckin bathands though....
              Originally posted by -M- View Post
              I dig it too. Reminds me a little of that artist that's been with Dan Slott's Spiderman for awhile now, but it isn't so cartoony that it's distracting like that other guy's work. I could get on board with this guy on something like Titans or GLC. Of course anybody actually working on a JSA or LoSH title would also get me feeling hopeful again for new DC stuff I might enjoy.

~M~

Not bad; like a more reigned in and refined Jonboy Meyers. I can dig it.

Originally posted by W.West View Post
              I've seen almost every episode of every iteration of Scooby Doo.

Kudos! Ah, Scooby-Doo... I've seen every episode of the classic series, I've seen every episode of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, and I've seen most of the animated flicks as well as both live-action movies. I loved Scooby-Doo as a kid, so much so that my dad, who hated cartoons, could openly despise Scooby-Doo in front of me and it wouldn't bother me none.

I still took a pass on the comic. I'm not at all intrigued by the remained Hannah-Barbera line of comics.
              Fearless
              Agent Orange
              Last edited by Fearless; 08-12-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                I think I would've liked Scooby more if they faced actual monsters and ghosts instead of always being fake. Even as a little kid, I picked up on that device and dismissed the show because of it.
                Words hurt, man. Words hurt.
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  Contrariwise, I always disliked the iterations of Scooby where they had them facing actual monsters and ghosts and other supernatural junk, because that seemed so...wrong, and against the spirit of the show. The Scooby Gang are essentially a roving gang of debunkers (though you'd think after all the experience they had, that they, especially Scooby and Shaggy, would be less inclined to be freaked out by the apparently supernatural).

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    I've seen almost every episode of every iteration of Scooby Doo.
                    Even the one where they were all kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      Contrariwise, I always disliked the iterations of Scooby where they had them facing actual monsters and ghosts and other supernatural junk, because that seemed so...wrong, and against the spirit of the show. The Scooby Gang are essentially a roving gang of debunkers (though you'd think after all the experience they had, that they, especially Scooby and Shaggy, would be less inclined to be freaked out by the apparently supernatural).
                      That was always my thought too Mr Ed, which was cool when they started a later modern version, they (even Shags and Scoob) were all jaded and non believing until they ran into a 'real' monster, and thus started the fear and trembling again. I thought that was quite clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                        Even the one where they were all kids?
                        Pup named scooby doo. That was always my favorite

Comment

• I liked the one with Scrappy and Vincent Price

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Did that occur in the original show because I don't recall ever seeing even one episode where the threat wasn't natural. The second live action movie did a kind of voodoo zombie plot, but that's the closest I remember seeing.

Comment

See? Look at that, Ed gets it!

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                                Pup named scooby doo. That was always my favorite

Same. They had a character named Red Herring. That's awesome.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X