Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully not with Rock as the leader of the Suicide Squad?

Comment

• So...Metal #1 came out...Decent issue. Typical Snyder exposition but its nice to see Greg Capullo take a shot at drawing the league. That cliffhanger does nothing for me though. One of these days, I'll care about Neil Gaiman.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        So...Metal #1 came out...Decent issue. Typical Snyder exposition but its nice to see Greg Capullo take a shot at drawing the league. That cliffhanger does nothing for me though. One of these days, I'll care about Neil Gaiman.
        I thought plotwise, it felt like Snyder trying to do Morrison. But I liked it. I don't know that I quite get all that's going on, but it's enjoyable.

Comment

• Store was sold out, I didn't care enough to actually order a copy through Diamond. What's the synopsis of the Yearly Event this time?
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

So...Metal #1 came out...Decent issue. Typical Snyder exposition but its nice to see Greg Capullo take a shot at drawing the league. That cliffhanger does nothing for me though. One of these days, I'll care about Neil Gaiman.
            I am now picturing Sandman shows up as a horse, with Dr Manhattan riding him into battle weilding a lightsaber, looking all 90s badass, to the shock of the fall of '17 DCU crew.

Comment

• Comment

Yep, overall it was pretty good. I still find Snyder's need to have a secret history in every story he tells to be annoying but Capullo's art helped even that out.

The cliffhanger also didn't do much for me and I like Gaiman.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                I thought plotwise, it felt like Snyder trying to do Morrison. But I liked it. I don't know that I quite get all that's going on, but it's enjoyable.
                Yea, the fact that the map from Multiversity made an in story appearance was pretty funny.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                Store was sold out, I didn't care enough to actually order a copy through Diamond. What's the synopsis of the Yearly Event this time?
                Invaders from the dark multiverse.

In other news Jim Lee seems to be teasing something involving Jonathan Hickman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                  I am now picturing Sandman shows up as a horse, with Dr Manhattan riding him into battle weilding a lightsaber, looking all 90s badass, to the shock of the fall of '17 DCU crew.
                  Art by Rob Liefeld.
                  Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Ha!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Of the last several comic appearances of Black Lightning.... that has to be the worst. Suit is based on his new CW look too. This will ALWAYS be *my* Black Lightning...

Isabella wrote that one too!

~//V\\~

Comment

• Far from the worst, I hated the one you posted but the Brett Booth New 52 redesign would like a word with you

Comment

• I would've liked Booth's redesign if it wasn't so damn busy. I mainly liked the one I posted the cover to above because the whole tone of the series felt like Frank Miller's Sin City in the DCU. The suit looked a little better when it was recolored light blue instead of red, but I think that was done mostly in background appearances.

I liked the one above so much I even got the Total Justice figure when it came out [same as the first Kyle Rayner action figure made during that line].

I just had high hopes for BL in the DCU again. This is taking that horrible look from the new show, making him younger, no kids, etc... there's just barely anything resembling 'Lightning for me at this point.

~//V\\~

Comment

• This is the greatest creative team of all time:

Comment

Working...
                                X