Red Lanterns #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
    I don't think that has so much to do with the publishers as it does with the writers. Come on when you've been around insane people, it's quite likely that you're bound to turn insane yourself. It's not that unrelastic when you consider the facts.
    There are facts? Is there, statistically, a significantly greater proportion of psychologists and psychiatrists than in other professions? I'd like to see the published, peer-reviewed studies. Or was it just a turn of phrase, like talking about Firefighters who become arsonists:
    "Come on when you've been around fires, it's quite likely that you're bound to set fires yourself. It's not that unrelastic when you consider the facts".
    Minimum space distance:
    a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Thaal Jordan View Post

Atrocitus was Atros? So why did he felt the need for the name change? "I'M SO FULL OF RAGE I NEED TO CHANGE MY DAMN NAME!!!!" Yeah whatever.
      Maybe he felt the need to reflect the atrocity of what happened to his sector.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I think I liked the art in this ish best of the 3 GL titles out.

Originally posted by Tommy Boy View Post
        Why not just have him staring in a mirror putting on eyeliner as he mournfully lipsyncs The Cure?
        Hey, I like The Cure.

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
        The only major downside was Attys vision of all the suffering going on in the Universe - too much of it focused on Earth based events/things, when I'm sure there is much, much worse out there.
        Yeah, that was a mistake, though I guess you could argue that those were aliens that just looked human (which there are a lot of in DCU).

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
        Did Johns come up with the name Atrocitus or did Moore? I know Moore came up with Ysmault, The Five Inversions and Qull but I can't remember if he named the other 4.

At any rate... a psychologist?!

COME ON!

I can't believe anybody is seriously defending this shit.
        Eh, it could've been worse. He could've been a florist, a candy maker, a community activist, a kindergarden teacher ...

Anyway, maybe he would've been (remember he was a student, not an actual psychologist) a tough-as-nails psychologist: "You want to commit suicide, do it or shut your face!"

Originally posted by Synister Urge View Post
        the very, VERY predictable epiphany that Atrocitus had ... that made him realize how his true destiny is to "avenge" innocents that get wronged all over the universe was just more uninteresting than watching a dog lick itself ...
        I did find that a let down since he's already been portrayed that way in the New Guardians arc in vol. 4.

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
        I think they'll be more rage and blood in future issues.

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
        Yeah, I'm a cat person and I've never seen a house cat with a six pack! To be fair though, Dex-Starr has already been drawn that way by others.

I think Warth's healing may have contributed, but the issue seems to suggest more of your later idea---that Bleez is talking as she comes to some kind of realization and a greater control over her power, which is fine with me as long as they show actual progression and remember their initial mindlessness (which they seem to be doing so far).

I'm sticking with the book to find out.

Comment

I have to say I am especially excited for this chapter in the life of Atrocitus. I love the direction they are taking him and I REALLY hope they don't screw it up. There's a lot of good potential for my favorite character here. A lot. It's such a dichotomous relationship within himself and it's really exciting to watch and I think it'll be really exciting to get into.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordAtrocitus View Post
            I have to say I am especially excited for this chapter in the life of Atrocitus. I love the direction they are taking him and I REALLY hope they don't screw it up. There's a lot of good potential for my favorite character here. A lot. It's such a dichotomous relationship within himself and it's really exciting to watch and I think it'll be really exciting to get into.
            I'm actually satisfied with the defences here. I was very turned off by the story of Atrocitus' past, but I actually loved how he compared Kronas and himself to cheated and jealous lovers...
            I mean, he can't help but obsess over the fact that stinkin' Hal killed Kronas instead of him. A GREEN Lantern?!? Blackest Night really shook things up, and it really didn't have any of the results our Lord of Rage would have wanted....

Things didn't end well. Disappointment and rage are close enough to be felt together, but the former is a real downer. I'm not even sure that it's something Atrocitus has felt before. I'm ok that he was a "student" of psychology; and he didn't say therapist, right? So he could do studies of behavior in controlled environments... like Vietnam videos and the Sissy Boy studies? Talk about rough stuff...

Comment

it was better than I thought it would be
              "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Cool, I like the line when Atricos said "what are you doing to my cat". This series looks great, and anti heros are my favourate. It does suck a bit that they turned from vilians to anti heros, but it's still a good comic. Also it would make a very enjoyable movie (for the adult market of corse).

(later edit): I have now brought and read red lanterns #1, and to be a bit honest, I expected alot more blood and gore. Also I think Actrocius has gone too soft. Luckly the later issues get better.
                Deadpool
                Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
                Last edited by Deadpool; 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM.
                Originally posted by IonFan
                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                Originally posted by Quaker
                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

A little late to the party, but here nonetheless. Honestly, I enjoyed reading through this thread more than Red Lanterns #1. It was a good start though. I am intrigued by the Atros back story. I love the cat. Bring on #2.

Noir Movies! Late Night Every Saturday http://moviestvnetwork.com/noir

Comment

Originally posted by guygardner View Post
                    ...I love the cat. Bring on #2.
                    Dex-Starr. Me too. He's going to get more and more loyal to Atrocitus specifically as you read along.

Comment

Working...
                    X