No announcement yet.

New Green/Red Lantern Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Lost Army had that version it'd be reason enough for me to buy it monthly. LOVED the crazier Red Guy.

~M~

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
      If Lost Army had that, I'd have given it Best Comic of The Year, 5 Stars.
      Yeah, but it's kind of hard to do that one ongoing. What would the GLs chain him and take him around like a feral dog?

Comment

Guy's red ring could be like the whole 'in case of fire break glass' situation where he only uses it when the GLC is stuck in a corner.

~M~

Comment

Hey.... do you guys remember when wearing a Red ring replaced your FUCKING HEART and taking it off would kill you and the ONNNNLY way to recover was a magical bath in lake Mogo or some junk like that? And the reds were basically mindless rage zombies hell bent on revenge for some horrible injustice?

Remember that? When it was actually a thing that came with consequences and not some prize you found at the bottom of your sugar cereal garbage comic book stories?

I do.

Fuck you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
            Hey.... do you guys remember when wearing a Red ring replaced your FUCKING HEART and taking it off would kill you and the ONNNNLY way to recover was a magical bath in lake Mogo or some junk like that? And the reds were basically mindless rage zombies hell bent on revenge for some horrible injustice?

Remember that? When it was actually a thing that came with consequences and not some prize you found at the bottom of your sugar cereal garbage comic book stories?

I do.

Fuck you guys.

Comment

I do.

Fuck you guys.
              Doesn't sound like you remember it THAT well. It took a blue ring to purge someone of the red energies. And the blue rings coupled with a Star Sapphire's ring was what brought Kyle back to the land of the living. Any lake Mogo shit must've been since the New52 started or mentioned in passing during War of the GL's ending.

And the neutering of the Red Lanterns is nothing compared to how Larfleeze went from being a f***ing beast of a character into a f***ing joke.

~M~

Comment

Originally posted by -M- View Post
                Doesn't sound like you remember it THAT well. It took a blue ring to purge someone of the red energies. And the blue rings coupled with a Star Sapphire's ring was what brought Kyle back to the land of the living. Any lake Mogo shit must've been since the New52 started or mentioned in passing during War of the GL's ending.

And the neutering of the Red Lanterns is nothing compared to how Larfleeze went from being a f***ing beast of a character into a f***ing joke.

~M~
                Blue Ring.... Lake Mogo.... whatever....

Point is ALL of the non-Green Lanterns were always going to just devolve into being basically Green Lanterns with different colors. Sure there are tiny little details like teleportation, or blood spitting or power boosting that each color retains but BASICALLY the Lantern Corps are just like the Mutants in X-Men now.

They're all split up into their special little clubs but they all basically do the same thing... fight each other.

Comment

Blue Ring.... Lake Mogo.... whatever....

Point is ALL of the non-Green Lanterns were always going to just devolve into being basically Green Lanterns with different colors. Sure there are tiny little details like teleportation, or blood spitting or power boosting that each color retains but BASICALLY the Lantern Corps are just like the Mutants in X-Men now.

They're all split up into their special little clubs but they all basically do the same thing... fight each other.
                  Well, they didn't have the Guardians to fight any more, did they? And showing them fighting each other all the time was easier than making up different antagonists for them in changing scenarios, wasn't it?

I thought all along that this was a gimmick with a short shelf life, and a failure of the imagination rather than an epic triumph that would stand for generations, and when I didn't get with the program and said that on other boards, the more clear-sighted accused me bitterly of "hating Geoff Johns."
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-20-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                    When I look at Guy with two different color rings I'm reminded of the Superman Red and Superman Blue thing from the 90s. Just cheesy and trite.
                    I've read the entire Lost Army series and I'm still not clear on what that was about. To be fair, it was funny for me when John asked Guy if he was the Christmas Lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                      I've read the entire Lost Army series and I'm still not clear on what that was about. To be fair, it was funny for me when John asked Guy if he was the Christmas Lantern.
                      He had one of each ring and when they charged with the old-universe power it split.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        He had one of each ring and when they charged with the old-universe power it split.
                        Ohhh. I mean DOOOOOHHHH!

I really like Lost Army, and am very curious to see if Edge of Oblivion continues the story...at all. According to Sciver, it wasn't meant to (which doesn't make me happy).

Comment

Originally posted by -M- View Post
                          IDK how I feel about one Earth GL going Starlord, another going and getting seemingly killed, one being trapped in another dimension, and another also being in the trapped dimension but with two rings. I dig that Guy finally got a haircut and a shave, and in standard GL colors his new suit would be slick. The lines on the green torso though serve no purpose without it being a vest like the old one. Reds could be a little darker, looks too orange to me. But what do you guys think of this new status for Guy?

~KL~
                          Please forgive my ignorance, but HUH? Is that for real? I'm ashamed to admit that i took a breather from GL after my most recent cancer trials. Which comic did that come from?

Comment

If it is real, then they need(ed) to replace the GL logo with a Christmas tree one. Red n green only goes together around Christmas? Is Ice now Guy's Mrs. Claus?

Comment

it's real, was part of the failed Lost Army story arc but not to worry he's better now (and all green again)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Right, it was in the first issue of GL:Lost Army. They made fun of him and by the end of the arc he was back (by recharging his ring at the pre-univers's equivalent of a CPB).

Comment

Working...
                                X