New Green/Red Lantern Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Green/Red Lantern Guy

IDK how I feel about one Earth GL going Starlord, another going and getting seemingly killed, one being trapped in another dimension, and another also being in the trapped dimension but with two rings. I dig that Guy finally got a haircut and a shave, and in standard GL colors his new suit would be slick. The lines on the green torso though serve no purpose without it being a vest like the old one. Reds could be a little darker, looks too orange to me. But what do you guys think of this new status for Guy?

~KL~

looks good to me but pass, GL/GLC just hasn't been the same since GJ

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Loving Christmas Lantern

Comment

Enough of multiple rings, and other colors. I just want them all gone other than green and yellow. Everybody keep on their own side of the fence from now on.

And Guy should go back to his classic costume. The design itself isn't bad, but the red looks like tomato soup. Also the old GL vest costume is much better.

Comment

I don't mind this suit being a more streamlined version. But the lines need something to make them valid. I'd remove them all together, make the Reds white and the boots green and maybe move the symbol a little closer to a badge placement on his left pectoral. The art here is gorgeous. Almost makes me not hate the design.

~KL~

Comment

I think the red looks bad. And the rings should be green, except for one yellow one.

Comment

It just doesn't work. Should have just kept Guy red.
              Originally posted by IonFan
              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
              Originally posted by Quaker
              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Christmas Lantern has a thread already.

Anyway, it's a story point. It won't last forever and I'm willing to see what will develop. The costume is fine for me. It will make a good Christmas variant.

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                looks good to me but pass, GL/GLC just hasn't been the same since GJ
                Johns didn't do GLC. That was Tomasi.

Comment

whatever it still hasn't been the same since

IonFan says

Comment

I like Guy the hybrid Green-Red Lantern the best, especially as he was in Blackest Night.

Comment

When I look at Guy with two different color rings I'm reminded of the Superman Red and Superman Blue thing from the 90s. Just cheesy and trite.

Comment

This is the Guy they should've went with if he was to wield a red ring...

If THAT Guy had got a monthly, I'd have been all over that.

~KL~

Comment

oh no that Guy looks crazy lol

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                            I like the art unfortunately I'm not interested in the book's premise.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                              This is the Guy they should've went with if he was to wield a red ring...

If THAT Guy had got a monthly, I'd have been all over that.

~KL~
                              If Lost Army had that, I'd have given it Best Comic of The Year, 5 Stars.

Comment

Working...
                              X