This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
    GL: The Lost Army...starring John Stewart! Thank God! I really don't want him in limbo at all.
    Star Lantern/Desh has hacked Dave

Comment

OK, so JLA isn't in present day, so that's how Hal has his ring there, but how does Hal have his ring during Darkseid War if it is supposed to be in present day?

Comment

Who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          OK, so JLA isn't in present day, so that's how Hal has his ring there, but how does Hal have his ring during Darkseid War if it is supposed to be in present day?
          the focus of the books in june are loose continuity and more story driven per didio and lee.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
            the focus of the books in june are loose continuity and more story driven per didio and lee.
            I thought that was the JLA title. I thought Darkseid War was supposed to be continuing the present storyline.

Is "loose continuity" just a buzzword that means "no continuity"?

Comment

that's all titles, there's an interview that explains it.

Comment

I'm all for not worrying about continuity between separate titles in the DCU, but only if it means they stop doing massive crossover events. To my mind you can't have it both ways. Either they are each their own thing and you don't have to worry about cross title continuity, or they are all part of a massive shared universe that can crossover, and then they DO have to worry about cross title continuity. Trying to have their cake and eat it too just makes them look stupid, IMHO.

Comment

well if you look at the darkseid war, it should be a massive event imo since it's anti monitor vs darkseid. but it's contain to just JL, so they may be getting away from that. just wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                    well if you look at the darkseid war, it should be a massive event imo since it's anti monitor vs darkseid. but it's contain to just JL, so they may be getting away from that. just wait and see.
                    I wasn't referring to Darkseid War, specifically. If that's only in JL, yeah, that could fit the "loose continuity" model just fine. I'm just saying that, if that is really how they are going to play it, I don't want to be seeing some massive crossover event 6 months down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      Depends on if he reverts to being a Green Lantern or not. If he does I assume he'll pop up in Lost Army but won't be part of the core cast. If not then he's tabled for now. Same applies to Kyle.
                      Look at the "Omega Men" solit on what might be in store for Kyle...

Comment

I wasn't referring to Darkseid War, specifically. If that's only in JL, yeah, that could fit the "loose continuity" model just fine. I'm just saying that, if that is really how they are going to play it, I don't want to be seeing some massive crossover event 6 months down the road.
                        i know you werent i was using that as an example.

Comment

I thought that was the JLA title. I thought Darkseid War was supposed to be continuing the present storyline.

Is "loose continuity" just a buzzword that means "no continuity"?
                          I'm all for not worrying about continuity between separate titles in the DCU, but only if it means they stop doing massive crossover events. To my mind you can't have it both ways. . .
                          This has been a sidewise denial for a while. Really, the events in Wonder Woman, Superman: Doomed, and Batman Eternal don't really allow for any of the Trinity to have spare JL time.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            This has been a sidewise denial for a while. Really, the events in Wonder Woman, Superman: Doomed, and Batman Eternal don't really allow for any of the Trinity to have spare JL time.
                            Well, in my mind it is one thing if you can't pin down the exact timeline. It is another if, say, Superman is Electric Superman in his title, but regular in the JLA. Or if Hal is a backpack-toting, gauntleted renegade in HIS title, but a ring-wielding GL in Justice League...

Comment

Bernard Chang to Give Away GREEN LANTERN CORPS #40 Interior Art

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                              Look at the "Omega Men" solit on what might be in store for Kyle...
                              The general consensus is that the solicit isn't 100% accurate.

Comment

I don't think we're supposed to think on it too much, but if you absolutely have to, then you can fit it in after Green Lantern #38 when Hal Jordan went back to Earth. He also guest starred in Green Arrow around that time.

Also, I wonder if the inspiration for this Darlene character is Dorine Clay, who hung around Hal Jordan while he was exiled from Earth way back forever ago.
                                Star-Lantern
                                Weaponer of Qward
                                Last edited by Star-Lantern; 03-12-2015, 11:55 PM.
                                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Working...
                                X