This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    I fully understand that comic book characters are commodities outside of their stories. New characters, alternate versions of characters, and new costumes are created because selling collectibles is just as important, if not more important, than selling monthly titles. However, I just can't digest a zombified Green Lantern. Once a GL's mind is compromised, why wouldn't the ring look for a new user? Since it's a techno virus, is the ring infected too? If so, does it effect the ring's powers? I read DCeased and it's not a bad story, but I don't remember any of this being addressed.
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I like the look of it, but $28 is a lot for a 6” fig with minimum articulation.

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
      I fully understand that comic book characters are commodities outside of their stories. New characters, alternate versions of characters, and new costumes are created because selling collectibles is just as important, if not more important, than selling monthly titles. However, I just can't digest a zombified Green Lantern. Once a GL's mind is compromised, why wouldn't the ring look for a new user? Since it's a techno virus, is the ring infected too? If so, does it effect the ring's powers? I read DCeased and it's not a bad story, but I don't remember any of this being addressed.
      Good discussion. Yeah, I remember that his ring went to Dinah, but I think that was after he was destroyed and he had used the ring as a zombie.

I guess the ring would only move on if the AI interpreted the changes as death or ceasing of will. Maybe because the virus animated the body and the zombiefied hero had consciousness, it didn’t count as ceasing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Good discussion. Yeah, I remember that his ring went to Dinah, but I think that was after he was destroyed and he had used the ring as a zombie.

I guess the ring would only move on if the AI interpreted the changes as death or ceasing of will. Maybe because the virus animated the body and the zombiefied hero had consciousness, it didn’t count as ceasing.
        Driq opened the door for zombie GLs. The ring has [or had] a failsafe that protects the bearers souls [it protected Guy from having his soul absorbed by Parasite and when Driq was killed it prevented his soul from leaving his body iirc]

Comment

• Not really news but Ron Marz tweeted about two GL Elsewords pitches that never got made:

Comment

• So our favorite knuckleheads broke some news.

Bonus.

Comment

• ^Now, we just need to get them to do a Podcast again.

I love that he asks "why?"

Comment

• Doc's first favorite WAS Kyle, but now it's Hal LOL

So do you think King/Shanner will follow the Morrison run with a new volume or possibly something leading up to a renumbering and an issue #750? Our luck it'll be a short story in those Giants DC's got now if they continue.

I *need* a series featuring Kyle Rayner with art by Doc. Another good place for him would be on Legion of Superheroes. His style works well with the more iconic classic concepts, his work in Future Quest with the HB heroes was amazing. Anything DC would have tapped Darwyn Cooke for in his day they need to give to Shanner. JSA would be ****ing epic. JL with a fresh roster would be nice as well....

Comment

• Though it's a little hard to tell from the audio I'm pretty sure King says "if you're a Hal Jordan fan, Strange Adventures is the place to be" so I think it's just a guest appearance.

Comment

• I would LOVE to see Doc do a big Hal Jordan story. Either a run, mini series or graphic novel. And teamed up with a solid writer and tell a story that is something really special. We dont seem to get anything truly special very often in mainstream comics anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                      I would LOVE to see Doc do a big Hal Jordan story. Either a run, mini series or graphic novel. And teamed up with a solid writer and tell a story that is something really special. We dont seem to get anything truly special very often in mainstream comics anymore.
                      Sign me up for this! Sounds like a grand plan.
                      Tell me you hate your boyfriend and love me.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.

Comment

• BLACKEST NIGHT BRIGHTEST DAY BOX SET
                        written by GEOFF JOHNS, PETER J. TOMASI, and others
                        art by IVAN REIS, PATRICK GLEASON, and others
                        new box art by IVAN REIS and OCLAIR ALBERT

A war has been brewing between the different colored Lantern Corps, with the Green Lanterns fighting the Yellow, the Red trying to destroy everything, and the Blue attempting to broker peace among the tribes. But the real battle is yet to come: the undead Black Lanterns are coming and seemingly nothing can stop them. Putting aside old vendettas, it’s up to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps to lead DC’s greatest champions as well as their deadliest foes in a battle to save the universe from an army of the dead.

Then, once dead heroes Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Deadman, Jade, Osiris, Hawk, Captain Boomerang, and Zoom must discover the mysterious reason behind their return and uncover the secret that binds them!

This eye-popping box set includes 12 brand-new hardcovers that collect this entire epic, featuring stories by top DC talent including Geoff Johns, Peter J. Tomasi, Ivan Reis, and many more!

Plus, this box set also includes a set of nine plastic rings from across the spectrum of the many Corps that are a part of this story!

ON SALE 11.17.20
                        $299.99 US | FC

Includes 12 new hardcover collections!
                        • Blackest Night: Prelude collects Green Lantern #26-28 and 36-43, and Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns #1
                        • Blackest Night collects Blackest Night #0-8 and pages from Untold Tales of the Blackest Night #1
                        • Blackest Night: Green Lantern collects Green Lantern #44-52
                        • Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps collects Green Lantern Corps #39-47
                        • Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Book 1 collects Blackest Night: Batman #1-3, Blackest Night: Superman #1-3, and Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #1-3
                        • Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Book 2 collects Blackest Night: The Flash #1-3, Blackest Night: JSA #1-3, and Blackest Night: Titans #1-3
                        • Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns collects The Atom & Hawkman #48, Phantom Stranger #42, Green Arrow #30, Adventure Comics #7, Starman #81, The Question #37, Catwoman #83, Weird Western Tales #71, and The Power of Shazam! #38
                        • Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps collects Blackest Night: Tales of the Black Lanterns #1-3, Adventure Comics #4-5, Untold Tales of the Blackest Night #1, stories from Green Lantern #18-20, 40, and 49, Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps: Secret Files #1, Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman-Prime #1, and pages from Blackest Night #0
                        • Brightest Day: Green Lantern collects Green Lantern #53-62
                        • Brightest Day Book 1 collects Brightest Day #0-11
                        • Brightest Day Book 2 collects Brightest Day #12-25
                        • The Book of the Black collects sketch material (both previously released and new), series proposals, variant covers, posters, Blackest Night outline scripts, and more

Comment

• Meh

Comment

• Green Lantern August 2020 Solicitations

Comment

I'm interested in seeing, possibly owning, the Book of Black, but why is this box set being released so closely to the Blackest Night 10th Anniversary omnibus? It seems to me that DC is going to the well for a 4th time on Blackest Night, this time with a huge price tag.
                              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

HLY SH!T $300.................................. f@ck that i can have sex for less money then that (but it is a nice box)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                                X