X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    Green Lantern: John Stewart ― A Celebration of 50 Years

Meh green lantern is dead to me so id rather get the moon knight omnibus
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I'll buy this just to have John's 2nd appearance collected in a GL book. I wish that it had Vol 2 94 and 95, but alas.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
        Green Lantern: John Stewart ― A Celebration of 50 Years

If only they had done the same thing for Guy. Since he did debut before John.

Comment

• There's a decent enough GL story in this week's Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe anthology.

Comment

• ^Thanks for letting us know. I was on the fence about that one, but will pick it up tomorrow.

Comment

• There will be a John story in the upcoming DC Love is a Battlefield anthology:

Comment

• So I'm sitting on my couch, trying like hell to make it through Far Sector #11. I cant be bothered to create a thread for this specific title and am just venting here. I know people are praising this mini series, but come on. This is 12 issues of woke trash that could easily have been told in 4 issues. It just goes on and on and is SO much filler material. The bisexual lighting they use for coloring got tiresome after 1 issue, and 11 issues in I am just numb. To all of it. I'm about a third of the way into this issue and have already lost all interest in what these characters are doing and saying.

Anyone else here still hanging on to Far Sector?

Comment

• Well, I'm getting them all and am currently reading #11 (as in it's in my bathroom, where I read all my new comics). But, yeah, it's kind of a chore. And the story could easily have been told in 3 or 4 issues. It's just going around and around to get to wherever it's going to end.

Comment

• So it's not just in my head? This is like 3 or 4 issues of story dragged out for 12 just to sell it as a hardcover after.

Comment

• Yeah. And not for nothing, but 12-issue maxis should really be the exception. You should really have to justify the breadth of something like that (say, like Watchmen) most especially if it's a new character with new creators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Yeah. And not for nothing, but 12-issue maxis should really be the exception. You should really have to justify the breadth of something like that (say, like Watchmen) most especially if it's a new character with new creators.
                        Hear hear! Enough with the bloated 12 part mini series that dont deserve it! I miss the 1980s when most mini series were 4 issues and were structured properly and didn't overstay their welcome. The financial need to fill trades and hardcovers with 6, 8 and 12 issues is understandable, but it's hurt storytelling in this medium the last 20 years. Damaged it really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          So I'm sitting on my couch, trying like hell to make it through Far Sector #11. I cant be bothered to create a thread for this specific title and am just venting here. I know people are praising this mini series, but come on. This is 12 issues of woke trash that could easily have been told in 4 issues. It just goes on and on and is SO much filler material. The bisexual lighting they use for coloring got tiresome after 1 issue, and 11 issues in I am just numb. To all of it. I'm about a third of the way into this issue and have already lost all interest in what these characters are doing and saying.

Yes, and I'm collecting all the variant covers that I can. I really like Jemisin's worldbuilding with the conflicting philosophies of the alien cultures. I also appreciate that forensic science (in a sci-fi way) is a key element to Jo's character. Green Lantern's versatility is one of the reasons that I've always found it so appealing, but the investigative stories from the past haven't always achieved their potential because the writers have to account for the big company event or crossover titles. This format allowed Jemisin to create a murder mystery that she could layer and unpack as she saw fit. That has been really attractive to me.
                          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Well, I'm enjoying Far Sector more than I enjoyed Morrison's GL run, but that's mainly because it isn't deliberately obscure. I can actually follow what's going on. And the story is somewhat interesting (IMHO), even if they are dragging it out a bit.

Though I'm still unclear on what the point of this new kind of ring is. I mean, it is conveniently independent from the CPB for use in the upcoming CPB-less storyline (which I wish wasn't happening), but other than that, it seems much weaker than a standard ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                              Yes, and I'm collecting all the variant covers that I can. I really like Jemisin's worldbuilding with the conflicting philosophies of the alien cultures. I also appreciate that forensic science (in a sci-fi way) is a key element to Jo's character. Green Lantern's versatility is one of the reasons that I've always found it so appealing, but the investigative stories from the past haven't always achieved their potential because the writers have to account for the big company event or crossover titles. This format allowed Jemisin to create a murder mystery that she could layer and unpack as she saw fit. That has been really attractive to me.
                              Ok, so you're exactly the reader I want to engage on this. Now that we are 11 issues in, how do you feel about the length of this mini series? Is 12 issues just right? Too long? Not long enough? I'm legit curious as to what other fans are getting put of Far Sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                                So I'm sitting on my couch, trying like hell to make it through Far Sector #11. I cant be bothered to create a thread for this specific title and am just venting here. I know people are praising this mini series, but come on. This is 12 issues of woke trash that could easily have been told in 4 issues. It just goes on and on and is SO much filler material. The bisexual lighting they use for coloring got tiresome after 1 issue, and 11 issues in I am just numb. To all of it. I'm about a third of the way into this issue and have already lost all interest in what these characters are doing and saying.

i am, i like the art, 10x better then what we're getting with GL

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                                X