No announcement yet.

2013 SDCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke up at 3am this morning thinking I overslept. and thus woke up like every 30 minutes. So at 6am I headed into the office for a faster internet connection than I have at home, plus I'll be able to have access to an additional computer besides my laptop. Additionally, I had my iPad with me.

I timed out on both computers and iPad, but I was about to get in line around the 8,000 position. I was able to score a 4 day pass w/out preview night, and was able to get my wife individual passes for all for days.

It would appear they only allotted about half of the passes allotted for 2013 and will probably make the other half available in the spring, unless they stagger the tickets availablility. I might try again for a 4 day pass with preview night. We'll see.

However, I'm kind of freaking out because I haven't received a confirmation email and forgot to print out a copy of my confirmation when I completed my registration. And I can't log into my Comiccon account. Until I receive my email confirmation, I'll be weary of not getting in.

Now, I have to worry about hotel registration again.

I'm getting too old for this kind of shit.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Online PreReg is closed now.

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      I woke up at 3am this morning thinking I overslept. and thus woke up like every 30 minutes. So at 6am I headed into the office for a faster internet connection than I have at home, plus I'll be able to have access to an additional computer besides my laptop. Additionally, I had my iPad with me.

I timed out on both computers and iPad, but I was about to get in line around the 8,000 position. I was able to score a 4 day pass w/out preview night, and was able to get my wife individual passes for all for days.

It would appear they only allotted about half of the passes allotted for 2013 and will probably make the other half available in the spring, unless they stagger the tickets availablility. I might try again for a 4 day pass with preview night. We'll see.

However, I'm kind of freaking out because I haven't received a confirmation email and forgot to print out a copy of my confirmation when I completed my registration. And I can't log into my Comiccon account. Until I receive my email confirmation, I'll be weary of not getting in.Now, I have to worry about hotel registration again.

I think they send out the confirmation emails within 48-72 hrs.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by plastroncafe View Post
        Yeah, me too. And after I was done a friend of mine who was all set in the first ten minutes of the sale was like:

Oh Crap! We should have coordinated!

Alas.

I was concerned about next year's pre-reg, and whether or not only people with 4-day passes will be able to participate, but Tumblr is telling me that any combination of passes will be able to participate in today's sale.

I've never gotten four days individual before, do I really have to wait in that line every day to get in?

In the past few years, they would allow you to pick your badge for the next day around 3 or 4pm the day before. However, I think if you go to the Town & Country site, they'll give you all your individual days at once. I've seen a guy on Thursday with all his four badges as he was wearing them around his neck, as literal badges of honor.

Personally, before receiving the email on Wednesday about 2013 pre-registration, I thought they would give people with 4 days passes and preview night dibbs on next year's event. I'm dissappointed they didn't. Additionally, I was hoping for some sort of grandfather clause for those you have attended the event for five consecutive years. Oh well. That's life.

I hope to everyone at SDCC 2013 at the kilt again, eventhough I won't be getting into preview night.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

However, I'm kind of freaking out because I haven't received a confirmation email and forgot to print out a copy of my confirmation when I completed my registration. And I can't log into my Comiccon account. Until I receive my email confirmation, I'll be weary of not getting in.
          We will process your credit card payment within the next 48-72 hours, and if your card is successfully charged, you will receive a receipt of the transaction and the official Comic-Con barcode information.
          I feel you.

I'm still ticked that I timed out. That blunder cost me 4 minutes and at least 8000 spots and a shot at Preview night.

At any rate, congrats to those that got passes. Hopefully, we can all meet up at the Kilt again for drinks, PROJECTILE and ROBINSON.
          Sylent_Asassin
          Black Lantern
          Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 08-04-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by projectile View Post
            Online PreReg is closed now.

I think they send out the confirmation emails within 48-72 hrs.
            Thanks for the info. I was reading on ComicCon's Facebook page that some people have already received their confirmations via email. Which causes me to be more anxious.

Were you able to get yourself passes, Projectile?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was reading on ComicCon's Facebook page that some people have already received their confirmations via email. Which causes me to be more anxious.

Were you able to get yourself passes, Projectile?
              Yeah, was able to get 4 single day badges.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

In the past few years, they would allow you to pick your badge for the next day around 3 or 4pm the day before. However, I think if you go to the Town & Country site, they'll give you all your individual days at once. I've seen a guy on Thursday with all his four badges as he was wearing them around his neck, as literal badges of honor.
                Schlepping out to Town and Country won't be too much of a hardship, seeing as I'll be skipping Preview Night. Well...provided I get a decent hotel assignment that is.

Here's to hoping. A lot can happen in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                  I feel you.

I'm still ticked that I timed out. That blunder cost me 4 minutes and at least 8000 spots and a shot at Preview night.
                  Word!!! I lost out on Preview Night too.

I'm going to take a nap.

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                    FUCK!!!
                    My feelings exactly!!!

I was trying right at 8 but I couldn't get the page up. Finally got in around 17K. My goal as always was a 4 day with Preview but instead I was able to get Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Saturday just sold out before me but 2 out of the last 3 years (including last year) did not go on Saturday just to take a break and it's so crazy! So I was OK with that. Turned around to get my Brother in-law his and Friday gone!

I'm with Sylent, I would have rather did a first come first serve at the Con and give up the time than have to stress on this.
                    UltimateFighter
                    Fatality's Blacksmith
                    Last edited by UltimateFighter; 01-18-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

My friend from Jersey got in at 2179. He got a 4-day with Preview Night. *shrugs*

I came into work just for a better connection, but all the good that did. I clicked the link right at 8 and it sat there for 2 minutes and timed out. I scrambled back to my personal email for the page to hit the link again and waited another 2 minutes. When I finally got through, I was 12,000th in line.

I'd like to know who voted for this process over onsite registration. I would have gladly sacrificed one night of sleep to not deal with this nonsense.

Comment

I'm going try to move on now and not think about it anymore.
                        UltimateFighter
                        Fatality's Blacksmith
                        Last edited by UltimateFighter; 01-18-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateFighter View Post
                          I'm getting more and more upset as I read about all these newbies who just were able to click and load the page faster. I can't believe I didn't get a better position in line and I feel so mad that I didn't try to get hooked up earlier. I just figured it would be "ok" because of how they were presenting it. Never again. I will pull out every desperate measure I can moving forward. It's so sad that it's come to that.

I'm going try to move on now and not think about it anymore.
                          I feel you. I just read Facebook's SDCC page and it seems everyone on there got 4-days with Preview night. It's frustrating and disheartening, especially because of the timeout error, but like you, I'm going to try and not think about it. As I said before, at least we'll get a bunch of WB bags.

I'm going to try and get some work done now since I'm in the office.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the registration Fuck up guys.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

My group got the 4 day WITHOUT preview night. This is the first time in 11 years I will not be attending preview night.

Comment

The last time I didn't get a Preview Night badge I ended up just being able to walk right in anyway. May give that a go next year.

At this point my only real concern is where I'm staying, and being able to get all four of my day passes printed at once, so I'm not standing in that line every morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X