No announcement yet.

NYCC 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCC is certainly not the same con it was a few years ago. While I've gotten tickets for the last four years, this is only the second time I've been able to attend. Back in 2009, my first time there, it felt far more like a trade show than a fan-friendly convention. Which isn't bad, just different.

This time it felt like a little SDCC, only with much worse logistics.
    Seriously, who the hell makes it so that you can only go from one floor to the other on escalators, and then doesn't have the escalators in two by two banks?
    Not to mention it seemed like everyone forgot the golden rule of "Keep to the right."

The Sea of People aside, I had a great con. Even went to far more comic-related panels than I usually do, though neither one was from the Big Two.

All in all a great geek weekend.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
      So did anyone succeed in a picture of Tazer at all?
      's like I toldja; its NEVER gonna happen.

my anon-status of this board AND the interWEBS is GA-RAUN-TEED (and its misspelled on purpose, so that Grammar Nazi can keep his mitts off plz).

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
        Yo.

's like I toldja; its NEVER gonna happen.

my anon-status of this board AND the interWEBS is GA-RAUN-TEED (and its misspelled on purpose, so that Grammar Nazi can keep his mitts off plz).

Tazer
        I'm sure the gov't has you somewhere on a server online. It's just a matter of hacking into their systems and finding said pictures.

Comment

Yo.

if theyve got'em, its only of the back of my head.....

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

if theyve got'em, its only of the back of my head.....

Tazer
            I found one!

Seriously, I was kind of hoping to meet up with Tazer. As much as I joke around about holding him down and getting a shapshot, I would have respected his right for privacy. Most of the crap I say on this board is tongue in cheek stuff anyway. I did see A-Train at the show and ran into him as my wife and I were coming back from Times Square to the hotel.

Regarding the NYCC, I had a BLAST! I had an agenda and got almost everything that I wanted fulfilled. This time around, everything on my must-have list was cosplay, comic and art-oriented, so no wasting time for exclusives and autographs. Initially, I wanted to get a shapshot with Hulk Hogan, but he was charging $80. In addition, the hall for Autographs was packed all day long, and not worth the trouble.

Even though the show was INSANELY crowded and difficult to navigate around (even in artist alley), I made it a point to get all my comic stuff knocked out in one day. Once that was done, it was smooth sailing. As always, I've composed a blog on the show. Once I get all the photos uploaded, I'll share the link.

Comment

Awesome! Glad to hear you had a great time at NYCC.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                I found one!

DUDE! the back of that guys head has more rolls than a jewish deli!!

Seriously, I was kind of hoping to meet up with Tazer. As much as I joke around about holding him down and getting a shapshot, I would have respected his right for privacy. Most of the crap I say on this board is tongue in cheek stuff anyway. I did see A-Train at the show and ran into him as my wife and I were coming back from Times Square to the hotel.
                LIES!!!!! Atrain told me how U, the wife and a whole crew of ppl were canvassing the con floor, wearing hidden cctv-cams in yur clothing while trying to be all surrepititious-like, all just to catch a sight of the ever-elusive Taz-man......

Tazer
                Tazer
                That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                Last edited by Tazer; 10-21-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Yo.

LIES!!!!! Atrain told me how U, the wife and a whole crew of ppl were canvassing the con floor, wearing hidden cctv-cams in yur clothing while trying to be all surrepititious-like, all just to catch a sight of the ever-elusive Taz-man......

Tazer

If you think I would go to such painstaking lengths to get a photo of you, you've been sipping too much of that sizz-zurp, son! You had better strap on your tinfoil hat cause' there's aliens a comin'... and watch out for those agents.

Comment

All that fuss, and then you just go ahead and post your picture right here?

Comment

Yo.

If you think I would go to such painstaking lengths to get a photo of you, you've been sipping too much of that sizz-zurp, son! You had better strap on your tinfoil hat cause' there's aliens a comin'... and watch out for those agents.

ok, FOIST O' ALL I never go anywhere w/o my tin hat (becuz I know *for a fact* that without it the gubmint is far more likely to steal my precious mind juices), and 2nd-ly Ive already got 3 agents under observation (becuz I KNOW ya cant trust *them*), and 3rd most Id like to remind ppl that just becuz Im paranoid doesnt mean that Sylent isnt trying to get a pic of me to sell to the FBI..........

heed my words guys: DONT TRUST THIS MAN!!

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      All that fuss, and then you just go ahead and post your picture right here?
                      no worries; twas only a baby-pic. I look quite a bit diff nowadays..........

Tazer
                      Tazer
                      That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                      Last edited by Tazer; 10-22-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Yo.

ok, FOIST O' ALL I never go anywhere w/o my tin hat (becuz I know *for a fact* that without it the gubmint is far more likely to steal my precious mind juices), and 2nd-ly Ive already got 3 agents under observation (becuz I KNOW ya cant trust *them*), and 3rd most Id like to remind ppl that just becuz Im paranoid doesnt mean that Sylent isnt trying to get a pic of me to sell to the FBI..........

heed my words guys: DONT TRUST THIS MAN!!

Tazer
                        Okay, you got me. I'm working for the FBI to get photos of you. So far, all I've gotten is that photo with the Ball Park Franks on the back of your neck.

Comment

Here's a pic of TeEss Arrr, aka Black Shadow.

Although, he's not really black.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Yo.

Okay, you got me. I'm working for the FBI to get photos of you. So far, all I've gotten is that photo with the Ball Park Franks on the back of your neck.
                            HA!! a confession at last! my paranoia satisfied & justified.......

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                            Here's a pic of TeEss Arrr, aka Black Shadow.

Although, he's not really black.
                            sadly, its doesnt get my good side....or my pupils.

Tazer

Comment

You have a good side?

Comment

Yo.

thy words cut deep sir..........

Tazer

Comment

Working...
                                X