No announcement yet.

Horror Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What, you don't already own these movies?!? I've owned 3 versions of them over the years...so far!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
        What, you don't already own these movies?!? I've owned 3 versions of them over the years...so far!
        I was never a big fan of the series, I saw the remake once a few years ago and the original when it was on Netflix

Comment

• I only own a handful of the films starring the three major horror characters (Jason, Micheal, Freddy...and sometimes Leatherface).

I keep debating if I should sell the "meat pack" anniversary edition of TCM, but I just might not. I'm not a real big fan of TCM (and let's face it, no sane person is beyond the first, because holy fucking shit did that series plummet after the first one), but I might keep it as a horror cinema staple and sometimes watch it when I really feel motivated.

I have a handful of F13 flicks, namely Jason X and FvJ. I want to buy the complete Blu-ray collection, but I'm not in much rush.

Of Krueger, I only have FvJ and the anniversary/special edition of the first film. Used to have the second on VHS. I don't really like that series so much, just not a fan, but I'll likely purchase the second on DVD one day.

As for Halloween, I have the first Rob Zombie film and that's it. I need to get the Blu-ray of the original and at least watch the second Zombie flick to complete that story (debating on buying or Netflixing-only). I like Myers, but his films vary as much in quality as the others' do (save for TCM for obvious reasons), and I'm just not much interested in his line beyond the original and the first remake.

...I think I might somehow have two copies of Jason X.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Why would you want to buy the second Nightmare?
            It's the worst one!

Comment

• I didn't think Nightmare Two was that bad. That scene where Freddy comes out of the kid's skin was an impressive feat back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                What, you don't already own these movies?!? I've owned 3 versions of them over the years...so far!
                Despite loving these movies, I only have them on DVD. I might upgrade, but it's different with this series. Usually, if I upgrade to BD, I sell the DVDs or donate them to the library sale, but in this case, my F13 DVDs are signed by all the original main Jason actors, so I obviously wouldn't get rid of them.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                . . . I keep debating if I should sell the "meat pack" anniversary edition of TCM, but I just might not. I'm not a real big fan of TCM (and let's face it, no sane person is beyond the first, because holy fucking shit did that series plummet after the first one), but I might keep it as a horror cinema staple and sometimes watch it when I really feel motivated...
                TCM 2 (which was directed by the same guy,Tobe Hooper, as #1) was purposely played for laughs. If you just take it as an over-the-top slasher, it works pretty well, especially thanks to Bill Moseley's awesome performance as Chop Top).

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                . . .As for Halloween, I have the first Rob Zombie film and that's it. I need to get the Blu-ray of the original and at least watch the second Zombie flick to complete that story (debating on buying or Netflixing-only)...
                I can't believe the 2009 Halloween II was made by the same guy as 2007 Halloween (which I liked) or House of 1,000 Maniacs and The Devil's Rejects (both of which I love). The sequel took such a dive in quality. Definitely don't buy it sight unseen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  I didn't think Nightmare Two was that bad. That scene where Freddy comes out of the kid's skin was an impressive feat back in the day.
                  I saw it one time and will never ever watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannis View Post
                    I shouldve watched the Jason movies when I had the chance....
                    i suggest you watch the first 4 plus 6 and 7. 5 8 and jason goes to hell you can skip because they suck big time. also i recomend jason x for the hell of it. kind of a bit b rated with the space element but way better than friday 8 and jason goes to hell
                    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      I didn't think Nightmare Two was that bad. That scene where Freddy comes out of the kid's skin was an impressive feat back in the day.
                      Originally posted by Mannis View Post
                      I saw it one time and will never ever watch it again.
                      I'd have to say I'm somewhere between you guys. Namely, there are cool bits in #2 (like the Freddy school bus), but it is my absolute least favorite of the series. Although I've seen it multiple times, a part of me does dread watching it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannis View Post
                        Why would you want to buy the second Nightmare?
                        It's the worst one!
                        Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        Because I used to watch it constantly as a kid, and because there are some minor redeeming qualities to it.

...And because there are girls in sexy swimwear in one scene, and my penis likes them.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        TCM 2 (which was directed by the same guy,Tobe Hooper, as #1) was purposely played for laughs. If you just take it as an over-the-top slasher, it works pretty well, especially thanks to Bill Moseley's awesome performance as Chop Top).
                        Maybe so, but after James Rolfe's review, I just can't get into it any more than I'm already not into it. The first may be stellar, and the second intentionally corny and overall good-if-odd, but it just isn't a series for me.

I can't believe the 2009 Halloween II was made by the same guy as 2007 Halloween (which I liked) or House of 1,000 Maniacs and The Devil's Rejects (both of which I love). The sequel took such a dive in quality. Definitely don't buy it sight unseen.
                        I'll Netflix it, then. I told my dad to keep an eye out for it at the various flea markets he visits with his friend, and get it for a few bucks and I'd pay him back, but so far no results. I'd heard the quality was a stark difference since the day it came out, but all the same, only for story completion purposes, I'd like to view it.

I watched the original Halloween II and found it awful, to be honest.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                          ...I watched the original Halloween II and found it awful, to be honest.
                          Well, that's okay because even John Carpenter says it's awful and that he only wrote the screenplay (which he claims to have done under the influence of booze and pot) because the studio required it. I like the hot tub kill, though.

Comment

• DOG WILL HUNT! BRING THAT BITCH DOWN, BUBBA!

Comment

• Comment

• + YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X