No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no. So he's only donating TWO billion? What a dick.
    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

• I think it's good of Lucas to donate that sum of money to charity.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• better then nothing i say, i support this

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Better than NOTHING? Do you know anyone ELSE who can or would donate BILLIONS of dollars to help other people?!?

Lucas is one helluva standup guy for this.

Comment

• And any movies in the main line of epsodic films MUST focus on the Skywalker family. That's where the main interest of the public lies. The EU and all that fanfic crap is for the other stuff. Disney didn't spend billions on this to make a stupid decision like THAT.

As it is, we really oughtta be shaking in our boots and praying that they don't bring back Darth Vader in the next trilogy. Vader is the most recognizable symbol of the franchise; I find it hard to believe Disney won't see to it they use him again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
              Better than NOTHING? Do you know anyone ELSE who can or would donate BILLIONS of dollars to help other people?!?

Lucas is one helluva standup guy for this.
              I gotta agree... and historically I have not been a big fan of Lucas.

Anybody who donates that much money is a freakin' hero. Even if it's only a tiny fraction of their actual worth.

Comment

• I agree. I might be MORE impressed by somebody who gave less, but for whom the giving actually was a hardship, but that doesn't mean I can't respect (and be impressed by) such an action as this.

Comment

• You'd have to be an enormous asshole NOT to be impressed by this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    So, Disney could make 99% of movies that come out and they still wouldn't be a monopoly. But, if they, say bought every multiplex and allowed only Disney films to be shown or bought every DVD maker and allowed only Disney to be produced in second market, then they'd be a monopoly.
                    In the future Disney will own the rights to families DNA.

It will be like Logans Run, everything but Disney is banned

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                    And any movies in the main line of epsodic films MUST focus on the Skywalker family. That's where the main interest of the public lies. The EU and all that fanfic crap is for the other stuff. Disney didn't spend billions on this to make a stupid decision like THAT.

As it is, we really oughtta be shaking in our boots and praying that they don't bring back Darth Vader in the next trilogy. Vader is the most recognizable symbol of the franchise; I find it hard to believe Disney won't see to it they use him again.
                    Vader had a clone nobody knew about, I'm just throwing it out there, Ripley died they brought her back, Star Wars is already full of clones, they would find any excuse to bring him back, if that's their plan.

I agree I think SW should be about Skywalkers, but this might be abit like Gundam where shows are in the same timeline but almost centuries apart, so the story is about completely different characters.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Skywalkers are the way to go. The fan in me screams it, and putting myself in the shoes of someone looking to make a profitable movie, I feel the same. Putting Luke and Leia in it even for small roles automatically gives the whole trilogy legitimacy. That frees the story up to take our new characters wherever they need to go. Making Luke's son the star? Fucking box office gold right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                        Vader had a clone nobody knew about, I'm just throwing it out there, Ripley died they brought her back, Star Wars is already full of clones, they would find any excuse to bring him back, if that's their plan.
                        Clones make me groan, and I could see Disney doing something that lame.

I keep mulling it over in my head...if someone hired me to think up a way Vader could return so the marteting boys could use him, what would I do? The problem with bringing him back is that his story arc is done. He turned good, and paid for his crimes with his life while also making things right. No matter HOW you bring him back, it undoes that character arc. And sucks.

Comment

• They could bring back Darth Maul and give HIM a new protege. Maybe even one of Leia's kids, so Luke's son would have to face his own cousin.

Comment

• May be going out on a limb here, but I can think of a decent way to make a new Star Wars film (Or three) without having to fall back on the original actors, while still maintaining public interest.

The Bounty Hunter Wars.

I loved this trilogy! A film adaptation could choose to be more straightforward and not jump around the timelines, but I think that Disney could do a lot worse than focus their films on Boba Fett. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              They could bring back Darth Maul.
                              With his robot goat legs and poorly-redesigned dual-bladed 'saber.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Ah, Lucas, whether it's donating to charity or giving all of his land away for low-income housing just to shut up his whiny neighbors, he continually finds ways of surprising me... outside of film making.

Comment

Working...
                                X