X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
    It's not.

SPOILER IMAGE CLICK HERE
    Eh, that's ancient history by the time the new movies roll around. That is from the Star Wars comic series that takes place between Ep. IV and Ep. V, unless I am mistaken. I doubt it will have any effect on whether or not Han marries Leia after RotJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Fo sho! The trailers for The Phantom Menace were off the chain. ...

I think I waited a few minutes to buy tickets for The Phantom Menace and I it was for opening weekend. I watched the movie three times in theaters before I released it sucked. Yes, I watched the film with rose colored Star Wars fanboy glasses.
      + YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(especially at 3:02)

Like I say, I'll probably be there day one, but I'm currently hoping for the best and expecting the worst. That way the worst that can happen is it meets my low expectations and the best is that I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm purposely not psyching myself up. In fact, I don't even remember the release date (though I could obviously look it up, scan this thread or do the math from Dave's post if I cared that much).

Comment

• Reminds me of Han's ex from the old EU, Salla.

Oh, 90's art, stay in your grave.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Salla_Zend

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          I'm still on my pet peeve that MY Star Wars ended happily ever after at RotJ with the Sith and the Empire defeated forever (nothing but a little mop up work left).
          Please forgive, just seeing this now. Were you not happy that justice was served and things were somewhat right again in the galaxy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Please forgive, just seeing this now. Were you not happy that justice was served and things were somewhat right again in the galaxy?
            I think he's saying that as far as he was concerned the Empire WAS defeated at the end of RotJ, and he's peeved that the new movies seem like they will reveal that the Rebellion still hasn't succeeded 30 YEARS LATER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              Do they get that "dark" when mixed?

In my head that totally sounds like something ion would say.
              i believe its a 50 50 possibility. i knew a few mixed raced black guys and they were actually lighter instead of darker and a few who again were mixed but more darker . crazy how genetics work like that
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                I think he's saying that as far as he was concerned the Empire WAS defeated at the end of RotJ, and he's peeved that the new movies seem like they will reveal that the Rebellion still hasn't succeeded 30 YEARS LATER.
                Exactly this. To me, Star Wars was always one of those fairy tales where the dragon or the witch is dead and now it's "and they lived happily ever after." Just the existence of Ep. 7 implies they didn't. Some element of the Empire or Sith has to still exist for this new movie to work and for me that lessens the victory of RotJ. Now, when I watch RotJ and they're all dancing in the Ewok village, I'll have to think "you're having fun now, but apparently in 30 years you're still fighting!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  Exactly this. To me, Star Wars was always one of those fairy tales where the dragon or the witch is dead and now it's "and they lived happily ever after." Just the existence of Ep. 7 implies they didn't.
                  I agree, about the witch is dead aspect to the end of Jedi. it's strange to rewatch that ending now and NOT feel like their troubles were for the most part over. I figured there was some cleanup but that the Empire collapsed after the battle of Endor. Now it was just another event in a long string of struggles.

Comment

• Yep. I figured the same. Obviously the Empire would have a large fleet and some of it would hold out, but with the Death Star, the flag ships, the upper echelon of officers, and the Sith gone, that would be rather easy mop-up work.

Now, I've read and enjoyed some of the EU stuff (like Zahn's trilogy) which made it much more complicated, but I never took them as truly canonical. To me, they were like fun "what if" stories.

Comment

• Comment

• "Always in motion, the future is."

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• /\. That's not really Lucas, is it?

I love the Gamorrean Guard. He's just standing there, totally oblivious to everything.

Comment

• If it isn't, it's the best goddamn cosplay of him I've ever seen.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• He looks too....happy. Usually he has some kind of scowl on his mugg.

Doom needs to research this to ascertain the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X