X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brain (1988)

"Don't you want to watch Independent Thinking with me?"

A psychological research institute director is using an alien brain to steadily control the minds of people in the tri-state area. Anyone not susceptible has violent hallucinations and ends up killing others and themselves. A brilliant high school troublemaker, Jim, is sent to the institute to correct his prankster behavior but he resists the alien's influence, prompting the director to try and kill him so he doesn't reveal everything.

Actually not horrible, but pretty average. The monster isn't too bad (huge brain, but then it literally eats a woman and grows a monster face). I feel like a lot of this is subliminal product advertisement because of the near-omnipresence of sodium, which the end credits expressly warn against playing with because of how dangerous it can be.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• MST3K: Squirm

"Nobody is that Southern."

Comment

• Comment

• Drive (1997)

"Malik: Funny, 'cause the image that Americans have of China is that's it's a country full of people with little tiny feet, and they run around and kick the shit out of each other everyday.
          Toby: Well that's the same image we have of America, except you guys have big feet and kick the shit out of each other less gracefully. "

Comment

• This was a very well done action picture. The twist with the Mandarin kind of annoyed me, but I got over it pretty quickly. However Killian was pretty lame as a villain.

Comment

• Judge Dredd (2012)

"It's all the deep end."

Very good. I like that it was just a regular Dredd story (not his first day or being an outlaw, but a semi-standard day of judgment with a rookie). The slo-mo drug was cool too.

Comment

• It was good, but I prefer the original.

Certainly one creepy movie, reminded me of Silent Hill.

This was really cool. Very low budget sci-fi movie, reminded me of 80s movies. The story however will keep you intrigued till the very end. It could be almost be the start of a cool TV show, but what you get is still awesome.

Oh gawd this movie, this one is for B-movie lovers only. The film is just pure dumb fun with cheese. It feels like I'm watching a PC or Cdi (remember that?) game from 99 or the year 2000 with it's FMV. Really, how they did the visual look of this movie is great. It also has a comic/anime feel to it, I like how they mixed up the animations (stop motion) with live action. I think you will like this Space Cop.

Yeah for some reason I've watched a lot movies recently, about to watch some more now.
                Frank Castle
                Alpha-Lantern
                Last edited by Frank Castle; 05-11-2013, 07:05 PM.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• The best part about Manborg is the scientist frantically hitting backspace to stop the portal from opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    The best part about Manborg is the scientist frantically hitting backspace to stop the portal from opening.

LOL yeah after you open the gates of hell, pressing backspace is the only solution, it's something Tazz would do.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• MST3K: Revenge of the Creature (i.e., Creature from the Black Lagoon 2)

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                      [Manborg] I think you will like this Space Cop.
                      LOL. "When you think of trash [cinema] think of" Space Cop.
                      I'll probably have to hold out for a cheap bootleg or something.
                      Netflix and Youtube don't have it. How'd you watch it?

Comment

• Curse of the Cat People (1944)

"He's in the workshop and he's wearing a sweater vest! It's Rick Santorum's family!"

Okay, that wasn't in the film, but my dad says some pretty goofy things sometimes.

A sequel to the previous year's Cat People, with the man and woman moving on and having a young daughter who makes friend's with the dead first wife's ghost. While the film isn't bad, it's a little strange, as if it's trying to fill a void that the first one didn't leave. Got some really funny stuff in it, all the same, and well worth watching.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          How'd you watch it?
                          Torrent. That's strange it's not on Netflix though, it's been out long enough.

Yes, you're the master of horror and trash movies round here . I often go check out stuff you post. I suspect like you said before, if we all knew each other in person, then we'd have many movie trash nights.

I don't really know anybody that would sit with me to watch something like Manborg. At least I can talk about it on here, without people saying what a load of crap.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Drunken Master (1978)

"Freddy, you're the cat's ass!"

Tourist Trap (1979)

"I'm going to take care of you."
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 05-13-2013, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Iron Man 3- I was EXTREMELY disappointed in this. The villain was beyond lame and a weaksauce way to use the Mandrin. They could have at least made him some kind of sorceror left behind from the portal in the Avengers flick; something with some degree of power, but a mad scientist using a puppet actor?!?

All of the action scenes were entertaining and done well, and Don Cheedle (who I thought was underused) was great as always, but the villain always makes the movies IMHO, and this installment fell WAY short of my expectations. In addition, Tony has become too quippy, like Spiderman, and almost a caricature of himself. It seemed like he couldn't take anything completely serious; just about all of his dialogue had to have a witty quip or a hee-hee, haw-haw joke at the end of it.

Finally, the final credit scene was a complete waste of time and had nothing to do with nothing. No set-up, no foreshadowing, no nothing. When this is released on DVD, I probably won't be buying this.

Comment

• Jeez guys, they said all along this movie was going to be as standalone as possible so to complain about the after credits scene is just foolish.

Whatever happened to just having a nice easter egg. Everyone complains about one event setting up another in the comics and that its a never ending cycle, but if they dont do the exact same thing in the moives then all of a sudden they are fucking up?

Comment

Working...
                                X