X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (2009)

"You don't ask to be part of G.I. Joe. You get asked."

Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story (2006)

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions."

Last of the old documentaries I was able to squeeze in before the network went down, but it did also inspire me to watch the Lauper-based Piper vs. Hogan match at MSG. Got that in probably a couple hours before it went down. Hopefully, they will get all that stuff back, but they're already censoring stuff Peacock's PC police deem the common people unable to handle on their own.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 04-10-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• GI Joe is such a bad film but it has Ray Park and the ninja fight is good, which makes me want to watch the sequel just for bad laughs.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Thing from Another World (1951)

"It doesn't matter what happens to us. Nothing counts except for our thinking. We thought our way into nature. We split the atom.
        -Yes, and that sure made the world happy, didn't it?"

70th anniversary.

Dolls (1987)

"You're not my mother.
        -Well thank God."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        GI Joe is such a bad film but it has Ray Park and the ninja fight is good, which makes me want to watch the sequel just for bad laughs.
        I actually like the sequel. It's fun. The first is bad with occasional good bits. Having got those Classified figures, I was just in the mood to watch feature-length G.I. Joe and I've seen the 80s movie way too much and the Rock sequel too recently, so the default was RoC. The plusses to me are (1) the ninjas (though SE has a stupid molded mouth); (2) Eccleston as Destro (though he doesn't have the mask long enough); (3) Quaid as Hawke; (4) some of the firefights and basic military battles. I absolutely hate the enhancement suits and Wayans as Ripcord.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-10-2021, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• I actually like the first Joe film. It's not as good as the second one, but then that tells a variation of my favorite Joe story -- being Storm Shadow's redemption arc -- so it's actually one of my favorite comic book movies ever, but still. The first Joe film was fun, and probably more in line with the cartoon than the second (the second was more in line with the comics, obviously). Together they make a pretty solid adaptation, imo, but such as it is.

I'm really excited for the Snake Eyes movie due out in July. It's an origin story, so it's probably going to adapt the rescue mission where he gets wounded and loses his ability to speak, so that should be neat to finally have on film. It's also going to tackle more of the Storm Shadow situation, so yeah. Super excited.

Anyway, which Classified figures did you get, Space Cop?
          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• [Cinematic Titanic:] The Oozing Skull (1971/2007)

"How come you almost never see a smart person's belly?"

CT is basically the Joel-led equivalent of Rifftrax alumni. Almost as good. This first episode tackled an Al Adamson flick about a mad scientist transplanting the brain of a dead dictator into an unwilling healthy body.

Rifftrax Live: MST3K Reunion (2016)

"This film is for the patients the nurses won't give scissors to."

Arguably not a film (it reunited old and new MST3K actors to riff short films for the 10th anniversary of Rifftrax), but it was more than feature length and my riff choice of the week.

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
            I'm really excited for the Snake Eyes movie due out in July. It's an origin story, so it's probably going to adapt the rescue mission where he gets wounded and loses his ability to speak, so that should be neat to finally have on film. It's also going to tackle more of the Storm Shadow situation, so yeah. Super excited...
            Yeah, I saw that was coming and pre-ordered one of the toys, but haven’t really heard details. Sounds cool. I’ll go to it.

I take it because of the time delay and the cast that it’s not linked in anyway with the previous films? I see there’s a Baroness in it anyway and RoC made it clear SE took a vow of silence (not injured).

Anyway, which Classified figures did you get, Space Cop?
            A friend had an extra Cobra-Island Roadblock, which he gave me and got me started. Then, my LCS had an Arctic Stormshadow (a design I didn’t have back in the day but like) so I got him. [His price was marked up but not as much as he’s going for on eBay.] The latest BBTS order includes Snake Eyes, Red Ninja, Gung Ho, standard Cobra Commander, and Profit Director Destro. So, that’s 7 so far.

I have 8 pre-ordered on BBTS including the next wave and redecos of the wave ones I missed. I really like them. My current plan is to get every character, but not every variation (e.g., I don’t think I need standard Destro or Origins Snake Eyes).

I might get a variant if they do hooded commander. Also, although the Viper appears to only by the Cobra Island exclusive (i.e. there’s no standard for me to get yet), it looks like that is out of my budget already.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 04-19-2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              I take it because of the time delay and the cast that it’s not linked in anyway with the previous films? I see there’s a Baroness in it anyway and RoC made it clear SE took a vow of silence (not injured).
              Yeah, it was originally supposed to be a prequel but then they decided to make it the starting point for a reboot (kinda like Bumblebee) and thus were able to do what they wanted rather than adhering to the previous continuity. It's great because they get to fix some of the wonky things they did in RoC. From the Baroness and Cobra Commander to Snake Eyes, himself, they've approached it all with a lot more care than before. Apparently they even invited Larry Hama (the original Marvel comic writer) to the set and got his blessing, which is a good sign in my book. So yeah, I'm super excited, lol.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              A friend had an extra Cobra-Island Roadblock, which he gave me and got me started. Then, my LCS had an Arctic Stormshadow (a design I didn’t have back in the day but like) so I got him. [His price was marked up but not as much as he’s going for on eBay.] The latest BBTS order includes Snake Eyes, Red Ninja, Gung Ho, standard Cobra Commander, and Profit Director Destro. So, that’s 7 so far.

I have 8 pre-ordered on BBTS including the next wave and redecos of the wave ones I missed. I really like them. My current plan is to get every character, but not every variation (e.g., I don’t think I need standard Destro or Origins Snake Eyes).

I might get a variant if they do hooded commander. Also, although the Viper appears to only by the Cobra Island exclusive (i.e. there’s no standard for me to get yet), it looks like that is out of my budget already.
              That's cool. I just recently got back into collecting Joes, myself, though I've only focused on different variations of the ninjas so far with 2 Jinx, 8 Snake Eyes, and 12 Storm Shadow (one guess who my favorite character is). I also have 10 red ninjas, but they're all from the same line and match one of the Storm Shadows in design. I'm gonna set them all up sometime in the next week or so, but yeah.

I actually don't have any of the Classified line, but have considered approaching it for a full cast collection, much like you seem to be.
              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Kibakichi 2 (2004)

"No one is unneeded in this world."

OTT Yokai flick about a ronin werewolf (essentially) challenging other yokai and a mad-dog killer in a world that hates all of them.
                . . . I also have 10 red ninjas, but they're all from the same line and match one of the Storm Shadows in design. . .
                The Classified Red Ninja is pretty cool (lots of accessories, which he can mostly carry) but is a pretty big departure. My friend Kevin from SEO Toy Review actually think it’s too big a variation, but he’s more hardcore Joe fan than I am.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 04-11-2021, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Three Billboard Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

"Well, Officer Dixon, how about you go take a look at that first billboard and then come back here and talk to me about the motherfucking environment?"

Mildred Hayes sets up three billboards questioning the lack of results for her daughter's murder, openly challenging the respected police chief and effectively starting a war in the town over whether her criticism is acceptable.

Not gonna lie, this film is very, very dark. It is incredibly well made, the acting, sets, camera work, everything is extremely well done, but damn if it isn't dark as hell.

I do wish better had been done for Woody Harrelson's Chief Wiloughby though. I'd rather he have retired and handed the case off to his replacement so that he could spend time with his family. That's my only real complaint.

Comment

• Excalibur (1981)

"It is the doom of men that they forget."

40th anniversary. Have to watch the second half tomorrow due to the length and delayed start of Wrestlemania 37.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 04-19-2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• S1 of the boys. Im impressed
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Mars Attacks! (1996)

"You wanna conquer the world, you're going to need lawyers, right?"

I didn't like this movie when I first saw it in theaters, but this is my second or so re-watch (free with very minimal ads, for me anyway, on Youtube) and I enjoy it much more than I did as a high schooler.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-17-2021, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• I saw Mars Attacks when it came out, my dad took me. I didn't get some things in it, but I did enjoy it for the most part.

Comment

• Fast Five (2011)

"Surprisingly, there were no fatalities."

10th anniversary. I really should have watched the Netflix that came in, but even its fans admits it's a very slow period drama and I was already tired.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            I saw Mars Attacks when it came out, my dad took me. I didn't get some things in it, but I did enjoy it for the most part.
                            Yeah, I don't think I hated it, but I didn't appreciate the tone back then ... possibly because I was already familiar with the card series (though I did/do not have an original set) and thought of it as kind of "serious" and gory. Now, though, I dig the humor and the influences Burton brought in.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 04-16-2021, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Episode 5 of falcon and winter soilder. Next week is final episode. Really great show hoping for a s2. A lot of rumours are hinting at a wolverine series. They introduced madripoor in episode 3 of this show

Comment

• Mortal kombat 2021._ fights were great good amount of gore really impressed with what they adapted from the games. I love this new kano who is the mvp out of the cast as well as sonya. The leaks were true. Those are my pros. My cons are no real story or threat because this is before the tournament so go into this as a prequel . Raiden and shang stung were underutilized. They tease a sequel wich i will watch. Id give it a 7 for the fun factor. If you follow the lore from mk3 this is that story . I counted 5 fatalities total in the film. I wont post spoilers till the film is out Next Friday
                                TazzMission
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by TazzMission; 04-16-2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X