X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970)
    “Akeeta!

Victoria Vetri, who starred in this Hammer flick of cavemen and dinos was here at Monster Bash (though I had her sign my copy of Invasion of the Bee Girls).
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-26-2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Wentworth the final sentence. Great show shame it ended the series. I recommend it to everyone who has netflix. Australian version of orange is the new black but more real and gritty
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Mexican Monster night at the con:
        Face of the Screaming Werewolf (1961)

"Think what the imagination can do."
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-28-2021, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Victoria Vetri, who starred in this Hammer flick of cavemen and dinos was here at Monster Bash (though I had her sign my copy of Invasion of the Bee Girls).
          I wasn't aware that she was paroled in 2018.

Comment

• Werewolf of London

"Perhaps a lost soul."

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
            I wasn't aware that she was paroled in 2018.
            I didn’t even know about the arrest until I started looking up her bio before the con. I can tell you she was pretty nutty (though not offensive or violent in my presence). She couldn’t remember the stuff she was in and she did not answer people’s questions. She was very clear, however, that she still has, drives and loves her 1968 AMX which was a gift from the Heff for being that year’s Playmate of the Year.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-28-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• A fantastic film that effectively returned Bond to his pre-Goldeneye status quo, even if it was undone by the next installment. Truly a great anniversary feature (unlike Die Another Day), but it's a shame that Sean Connery turned down the role of the groundskeeper, especially as it's so clearly meant for him. Of course, given his then unrevealed dementia it's a pretty understandable decision in retrospect, but it still would've been fantastic. Honestly, I don't understand why they didn't just offer the role to Roger Moore when Connery said no, but such as it is.

Anyway, my brother had to postpone our outing to see No Time to Die, so I postponed these last two films a bit so that I could watch Spectre as a lead in to it since they're apparently so closely tied. Hopefully we'll get to go this weekend, but if he needs to postpone again, I'll probably hold off on Spectre for awhile.
              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Finally got to spread out my movie watching. Now, I probably won’t watch another movie until Saturday (just because I’m on a trip), but we’ll see.

The Legend of Boggy Creek (1972)

"I'm not staying in this house."

Last film at Monster Bash. Followed by a Q&A from Pamela Peirce, who acted in it and was the director's daughter.

Comment

• The number of times you've posted that makes me think you've watched it half a dozen times this week alone.
                  Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• [Rifftrax:] Night of the Lepus (1972/2014)

"Bet he’s making his own pellets about now."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    The number of times you've posted that makes me think you've watched it half a dozen times this week alone.
                    I just split up the triple double features and since that was our final movie at the festival, I kept pushing it up. My mother found LoBC very boring, and I get that, but can’t hate it.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-31-2021, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      I just split up the triple double features and since that was our final movie at the festival, I kept pushing it up. My mother found LoBC very boring, and I get that, but can’t hate it.

I had the movie all lined up and ready to watch until I read the wiki article on it- it's more of a documentary on the townsfolk than it is on the monster man, which from what I understand is seldom seen. *Then* it splits off into official and unofficial (dafuq?) Sequels which left me wondering if I should even bother going down this road.

In the end, I decided not.

Comment

• Halloween II (1981)

"He's not human!"

Watched at dinner with the fam for its 40th anniversary (the film, not the fam).

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        I had the movie all lined up and ready to watch until I read the wiki article on it- it's more of a documentary on the townsfolk than it is on the monster man, which from what I understand is seldom seen. *Then* it splits off into official and unofficial (dafuq?) Sequels which left me wondering if I should even bother going down this road.

In the end, I decided not.
                        It’s hard to say. It is fairly well known in the realm of cryptid movies, but it is slow. They do show the creature attack a cabin, but mostly you don’t see the whole thing at once.

That poster, btw, is from McQuarrie. The director got his design work before he hit big with Star Wars.

Comment

• Rifftrax: The Bermuda Triangle (1978)

"I can't believe The Puma Man fired me!"

Jesus this was long, probably could have chopped out ten minutes of bullshit at least. Plot involves a bitter family taking a luxury yacht out to the middle of nowhere and finding a creepy doll (that I guess is the transformed child from the opening) which proceeds to possess the youngest daughter and people are steadily murdered (including the Giant Aztec from Puma Man, who gets a propeller to the noggin). Film ends suddenly with an ominous overtone.

I suspected it when I heard the dubbing, but when I saw the numerous bottles of J & B Liquor, I knew: this is an Italian film. John Huston's career took a grisly hit this round.

Film is long, slow, does not adequately build tension, has little or no explanation for all sorts of shit, characters that are entangled in awkwardly-complex relationships and driven to live solely out of spite, racial stereotype(s), abrupt ending because why not -- yep, this film would be a complete waste of money if it weren't available for free and with some pretty good jokes.

My dad had a decent enough laugh out of this but at least I didn't make him watch The Babadook (need to get through that tomorrow).

Comment

• Horrors of Malformed Men (1969)

"Mother!"

Don't even know how to describe this Japanese exploitation/horror/mystery. Convoluted, but I liked it.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            Rifftrax: The Bermuda Triangle (1978) . . .
                            Jesus this was long, probably could have chopped out ten minutes of bullshit at least. . .
                            Funny you say that. I keep intending to watch that, but it seems like every time I want to watch a Rifftrax I don't have the two hours for that.

Comment

• Watch it at 1.5x speed like a pro does, silly billy.

Comment

• Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama (1988)

"It's too bad we had to kill her. I really liked the outfit she had on."

Comment

Working...
                                X