Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit level 90 in the season pass yesterday, and I've done Iron Banner with my Hunter main and Warlock. Will probably do it on my Titan this afternoon. I also completed my Tier III Gambit Prime Invader gear set for my Hunter, giving me all four perks. I'm basically a blocker, now, as the enemy bank will lock when I invade... should be fun.

In non-Destiny news, I saw that Greedfall was on sale over the weekend, so I decided to buy it. It's a smaller size game, but I'm sure it'll be a solid story to play through, as the studio's previous game, Bound by Flame, was one of my early favorites on the PS4. Sure it was only like 15 hours long, which is pretty short for an RPG, but there was no filler, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Here's hoping Greedfall is similar. Maybe once I'm done with it, I'll finally get around to my massive backlog, which includes The Witcher 3, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of War, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Read Dead Redemption 2, Watch Dogs 2, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, amongst others. That is, if I actually get around to starting it any time soon,
    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• BREAKING --- House of Lords (UK upper Parliamentary house) has called for immediate regulation of loot boxes in video games as gambling, insist implementation could be "today" because no legislation would be required, just classification.

Never thought I'd see the day.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Did Nokris nightfall, entered almost near the boss fight when joining in-progress. Final score was 98k.

Damn it.

Comment

• Collected all but the Pit of Heresy Dead Ghost on the Moon, and just did the final Deathbringer mission and collected my new rocket launcher. Also got 20 shotgun kills to advance to the elemental kills stage for Chaperone (which I probably won't be able to complete until after reset because death hinders progress).

Right now I'm wearing all but the helmet for the seasonal armor and my Hunter looks like a latex catsuit-clad fetish model (not that I'm complaining).

Spent a large portion of today getting my Warlock partway through Shadowkeep, need to complete the armor set and do the Beyond mission. Going to also get my Titan up to speed soon.

Still need to get the season pass.

Just completed the Riskrunner catalyst. Finally.

Really need to clear out my vault, knocking it down a bit now but I'll need to spend a chunk of time doing proper inventory this week especially if I'm bringing my alts up to level.

Sidenote: Angry Joe's Last of Us 2 review has crossed 2 million views on YouTube in just 3 days.

Comment

• So my clan approached Last Wish again this weekend... yeah, we got way farther than last time, with our normal warlock doing very well. We got past our previous run within the first half hour or so, so that tells you how bad his replacement was during the first run. That said, we eventually got stonewalled by the vault puzzle encounter. It's the last part before the final boss, and has no real mini-boss to fight like the three encounters before it, but still -- damn things was way too complicated. We ultimately decided to scrap it, and worry about it later. Gonna do Crown of Sorrows next week, just to have the Leviathan done with so we don't have to worry about getting to it before it's vaulted.

/sigh

I really need to play some other games.

Comment

• Playing Last of Us II after beating the first one the other day.

Comment

• Atari has announced the price of their own mini console.

It's $400.

I'm not joking.

Comment

• Does it have every single game that was ever released for their systems?
                  I mean, $400 would still be a too much, imo, but I could understand it.

Comment

• Laymen Gaming did a video on it, watch that. But even if it did, $400 is a steep-ass price when the new consoles are coming out in less than six months.

Comment

• Bought the season pass for Destiny 2, because the premium items are much better than last season's and I want things. Currently nearing rank 80 and with 70-plus days left I should very well reach the end before Sep 22.

Warlock and Titan have started Shadowkeep, since Forsaken will take too damn long to complete and I enjoy the horror-themed atmosphere and story of Shadowkeep (best content in ages, easily, feels like I'm playing Taken King all over!).

Got Deathbringer, and bought (bright dust) the Peacemaker ornament for it. Looks snazzy now.

Used leftover funds to buy the Red String of Fate ornament for Malfeasance even though I haven't unlocked it yet (gonna try and advance the quest with my clan or randos this weekend).

Need to start playing Gambit like crazy during this boosted Infamy week, but I've been hella busy lately (especially doing the Recaster bounties, and I can only imagine what the hell people are doing to get the rank 21 ship).

I need to do the Ruinous Effigy quest but that'll take the weekend. I have no idea when I'll have time to do all the raids and lairs, definitely going to be a chore.

Comment

• I got the Dredgen title last night, and reached rank 21 with the recaster. Currently at level 120 for the season pass, and have obtained full invader sets for all of my guardians (+15 for my Hunter, +6 for the other two). A couple of people in my clan already have the new exotic, but I haven't even done this week's Interference, yet. I'll get to it eventually, but I think I'm gonna finish my Truth quest next.

Part of me wants to go for the MMXX title, while another part of me doesn't want to hate myself that much. We'll see which one wins out in the end (I'm kinda pulling for the latter).

Comment

• Ghost of Tsushima dynamic theme download codes (large pic)

Reached Legend rank in Gambit, I can definitely reach reset by Sunday evening. Going to try and knock out as many quests/bounties as possible in the next couple days and get a bunch of Gambit in before the boost goes away.

Comment

• Reset my Infamy, unlocked Trust (in Gambit Chrome, but the roll is ho-hum). Yippee. As of this writing at season rank 90.

And great news! The past couple Gambit Prime matches just a short while ago, in the first my team managed to get the "By the Skin of Your Teeth" medal, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat...and then it happened again in the second match! I'm floored, really, I never expected this to happen and certainly not back-to-back!

I also (finally) finished the Vell Tarlowe memory quest and was trying to farm Nightmare Crota for its Essence of Despair, but it hasn't dropped just yet. Hopefully soon.

I also need to get a team and do Reckoning to upgrade my Synthesizer.

Beyond Destiny 2, I downloaded the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, because it has a very good early selection (1, 2, 3, Super 4, Adventure, and Kid Dracula which was unreleased in America). I'll probably get Bloodborne because it has the DLC and the bundle is less than $20, cheaper than any other deal I've seen for it.

Pissed I forgot LEGO Hobbit was on sale and now it's full price again.

Me and my dad also watched some tech videos on YouTube and one was this dude reviewing a $2600 curved computer monitor, was impressive. Other video was this team reviewing/building a GameCube and its accessories, including a mint-in-box Game Boy Player which the host was extremely reluctant to open. They played Donkey Konga and Smash and had a blast. Made me want to hook mine up again.

But hey, now I can start to relax because I only have ten season pass levels to go before it's maxed so I don't need to grind bounties like fucking crazy and can focus on specific activities!

Comment

• Genesis with Explosive Payload is one of the two best Trust roles possible, and is the one the Drifter holds for you to get multiple copies of (albeit at 750). The other great role is Dragonfly with Explosive Payload (upon which you should put Dragonfly spec, because of course). I have them both, but the Genesis one gets used more often. The auto reload after breaking enemy shields really comes in handy during a firefight. As for Reckoning runs, if you're playing on PS4, I could probably help you out. They're pretty easy to do, especially T1 and T2, so I wouldn't mind running them even though I have full T3 sets of both Invader and Sentry already. Even T3 isn't too hard, especially if you get the Oryx version, as he actually goes down easier than the solo story boss version back in Taken King.

In a couple days, I'll probably be taking a break from Destiny for awhile, though, as Ghost of Tsushima comes out. It's the first game I've really been hyped for in a very long but time, so that's happening. Hopefully it'll reignite my single player gaming, and help me get some games in my backlog moving again.

Comment

• So apparently doing heroic adventures gets 25% flashpoint progress, because I did Heroic Psionic Potential five times on my Hunter and after the fourth run I got the notification that the Mars flashpoint was done. I got three more planets to do heroics on so hopefully this works in my favor before Sep 22.

Collected all the calcified light fragments and 10 marionettes down, don't feel like grinding out the last few, I'll do that tomorrow and then steadily knock out the eyes/catalyst.

Also hit season rank 96, so I almost have the final armor ornament.

Yeah, I do play on PS4, east coast timezone. Offer is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X