Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Studio to comb N.M. landfill for bad Atari games

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (AP) — A New Mexico city commission agreed to allow a Canadian studio to search a landfill where old, terrible Atari games are rumored to be buried.
    Alamogordo commissioners decided last week that they will allow Fuel Industries to search the landfill for games, according to The Alamogordo Daily News . The company has offices in Ontario and Culver City, Calif.
    One sought-after cartridge, the E.T. video game, is thought by some to be among the worst video games of all time. Atari paid Steven Spielberg tens of millions of dollars to license the wildly popular 1982 movie's name, and the dud of a game caused the troubled company's worth to sink even further at the time.
    The game has since developed a cult following.
    The rumored Atari graveyard has long been a fascination of some who consider the commercial flop a part of video game history. It is believed that nine semi-trucks dumped the E.T. game and other Atari toys in the southern New Mexico landfill in 1983.
    Alamogordo Commissioner Jason Baldwin says he played the Extra-Terrestrial game and it was horrible. There are listings for the game on eBay that run from under a dollar to more than $30.
    Fuel Industries, a multimedia company, has been given six months to search the landfill. The company hopes to document the search.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
      Halo: Spartan Assault has me thinking that is multiplayer only which I wouldn't like at all, but I am intrigued.
      took a look, and it reminded me of Commando..........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Ha! I had that game!

Comment

Has anybody played the new Star Trek game?

I know tie-ins suck but the ad looks cool (especially with the Gorn). I'm very tempted though also very leery. Actually, I don't think I've ever played a Star Trek video game.

Comment

i myself have never played a star trek game but have witnessed others playing them and they have all appeared to be lame

Comment

^I bet. I can't think of a single one that is famous or considered great among gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                ^I bet. I can't think of a single one that is famous or considered great among gamers.
                It's pretty bad, co-op is broken. If you can get it cheap, then go for it. Otherwise not worth it.

Comment

It's a very bad cash-in.
                  Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    It's a very bad cash-in.
                    Just like every Star Trek game. Except maybe STO.
                    Originally posted by fearless2814.1
                    ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

• Thanks, guys. I'll avoid unless (as Iggy says) I see it in the discount bin.

I guess I just see so much potential for a Trek game and it's shame it hasn't been done. I want to walk around the Enterprise and phase some Klingons darn it!

Comment

• Same here but anything not human.
                        Originally posted by fearless2814.1
                        ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

• Asgard screens for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Thanks, guys. I'll avoid unless (as Iggy says) I see it in the discount bin.

I guess I just see so much potential for a Trek game and it's shame it hasn't been done. I want to walk around the Enterprise and phase some Klingons darn it!
                            ya know, iirc they *did* make an ST-game where ya could do just that a good while ago.......

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/0...al-gear-solid/

Kiefer Sutherland Will Play Snake in Metal Gear Solid V

Tazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
                                Just like every Star Trek game. Except maybe STO.
                                Or the old point-and-click adventures. I enjoyed those a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X