Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizzaro would be cool. Very cool.

Or maybe they'll use a strong Batman villain to level things out. An extra beefed up Bane would have been alright but they've only just used him and they'll never beat Hardy. Killer Croc? Mr Freeze? Or maybe they'll just choose a Superman (or even Wonder Woman) villain.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• There's not a single Batman villain that Bats would need the League to help him take down. Any of Superman's rogues could become potential League level threats in a film universe, especially if they introduce Kryptonite into the film and Superman's not at max strength. I'm sure Lex will make mention of other badguys or in an after credits scene we'll see something with other enemies of the League. Otherwise how would they build a cinematic universe with Lex as the only enemy? Perhaps a deal is made with Circe that would lead into the rumored WW solo flick?

~KL~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
        There's not a single Batman villain that Bats would need the League to help him take down.
        The League of Assassins.

Any of Superman's rogues could become potential League level threats in a film universe, especially if they introduce Kryptonite into the film and Superman's not at max strength.
        Toyman.
        Prankster.
        Death Trap/Master Jailer.
        Terra Man.
        Thaddeus Killgrave.
        Conduit.
        Bloodsport.
        Bloodthirst.
        Shadowdragon.
        Skyhook.

Comment

• I could Znyder missing the point of Wonder Woman can just making a badass chick ala Sucker Punch.

I imagine the cinematic version of Wonder Woman would be a mashup of the following pics, but I don't think she'll have a cape.

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Wonder Woman with a sword is like Batman with a machine gun.
            Wonder Woman with a shield is like Superman with body armor.
            Wonder Woman with a spear is like the Hulk with a grenade launcher.

Comment

• But she's had all of those things in the comics at one point or another and they are all weapons used by Amazons. She's actually missing a bow and arrow if they wanted her to use EVERY Amazonian weapon
              Lantern A-train
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Lantern A-train; 06-26-2014, 04:48 PM.
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Doesn't mean she can't use it if the threat necessitates it.

Comment

• Potentially Gigantic Spoilers For 'Batman v Superman' From Leaked Set Photos

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                    But she's had all of those things in the comics at one point or another
                    Which was a mistake in the comics as well. William Moulton Marston didn't create her as a classic blood-thirsty Amazon fighter. He gave her bracelets as her only defense, and a lasso as her only weapon. And even that wasn't meant to defeat her opponents, but to make them speak the truth. Wonder Woman was a walking lie detector who was into bondage. Fitting, if you consider WMM's personal life. Everything that later authors threw in to make her more edgy or more in tune with classic Greek depictions of Amazons was massively missing the point.
                    It's like a Doctor with a TARDIS full of laser weapons who runs around killing everyone with Gallifreyan melee weapons. It might be "cool", but it's totally missing the point.

Comment

• Are people forgetting Batman in the very first issues in the 30s and 40s actually did use guns and kill people, it's where the inspiration for the guns and killing came from for the Burton films.
                      Originally posted by IonFan
                      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                      Originally posted by Quaker
                      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                        Which was a mistake in the comics as well. William Moulton Marston didn't create her as a classic blood-thirsty Amazon fighter.
                        So characters cant evolve? wtf

Comment

• Scoot McNairy Taking Sides In ‘Batman V. Superman’

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                            Are people forgetting Batman in the very first issues in the 30s and 40s actually did use guns and kill people, it's where the inspiration for the guns and killing came from for the Burton films.
                            Yeah, he did that for something like three or four issues.
                            Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                            So characters cant evolve? wtf
                            There is a huge line between evolving and assassinating a character. Wonder Woman is all about peace, not war. If she's ever pushed into a situation where battle is the only option, she feels massively uncomfortable. She is not Xena. She is not bloodthirsty Artemis, who replaced her in the 90s in her own version of the Azrael storyline. She is not Big Barda. She is Wonder Woman. She is peace. She is truth. She is love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              She is Wonder Woman. She is peace. She is truth. She is love.
                              I don't think we'll ever see that version on the big screen.

We'll most likely get the Thor/Clash of the Titans version of Wonder Woman.
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• If you put that Wonder Woman on screen all anyone is gonna do is complain about how they make the only woman on the team soft and all about love and not on par with the men. Is anyone really thinking they are gonna put the classic metal bracelet bondage WW on screen? Let's be real. Also in regards to characters being classic when was the last time we have seen any comic character in their "classic form". If they wanted to show us that then Batman would still be wearing purple gloves with giant Batman ears on the lookout for the the Joker's next boner and Superman would only be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
                                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X