Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
    For what it's worth, Superman Lives showed some promise despite the studios' insistence on certain aspects being met. I personally dig his attempt at Green Hornet, and adore the comic it was eventually turned into. I know he could do it, but as Heide said, the biggest problem is Smith himself not feeling up to task.
    Kevin Smith was never slated for directing the film, we only wrote the screenplay. It went through several directors, mainly Tim Burton and that dude who did the crappy Wild Wild West flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
      that dude who did the crappy Wild Wild West flick.
      Whooooooa there.

Barry Sonnenfeld has done some great work. Addams Family, Men in Black, Get Shorty, Pushing Daisies, he's a solid director with an amazing sense of humor. Yes, he sometimes misses, but everybody does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
        ...Yes, he sometimes misses, but everybody does.
        Not Stanley Kubrick, but then again, I don't think he's available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
          I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith films, but I rather have Affleck star and direct the next Batman film. The Town was a great gritty film and Argo was an awesome thriller.
          Other than rumors I question if Affleck is even gonna do a solo Batman movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Yeah, it's rather like in GI Joe where Cobra eject after having their planes shot down. Even when they don't show it, the cartoon sets up an atmosphere of assuming there is no collateral damage whereas if they did it in the live-action movies you would probably assume there was collateral damage just because of the atmosphere.

But even if the animated series did imply massive casualties it wouldn't justify doing it again. Superman has been done wrong in his 76 years. Batman has used guns in the comics, but I'd still think it wrong if he did it in the next movie. It's rather like Darth posts, if Superman showed he was trying to stop others from being hurt, or, if like Heide posted, he purposely led the battle away, then the collateral damage done by Zod's work would be more excusable.
            Well, in Star Crossed from JLU, Superman was blowing up Thanagarian fighters left and jet and we saw no pilots ejecting the fighters, and we clearly saw they were manned. Superman has killed before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
              Other than rumors I question if Affleck is even gonna do a solo Batman movie.
              That is a good question. You would think that WB wouldn't have cast Affleck as Batman if he wouldn't do a stand alone Batman movie, as Batman is a cash cow. I read a rumor that there is a Batman film slated for 2018.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Exclusive: Details on Wonder Woman's costume & more for Batman v. Superman!
                Wonder Woman’s costume:

The reports of Wonder Woman wearing the pre-new52 jacket and leggings outfit are inaccurate. Completely. The description of the outfit from our source uses the term “badass” on multiple occasions. This Wonder Woman is ripped right from the comics and has a “traditional, yet sleeker” costume that’s “battle ready.” She’ll have a blue leather skirt, silver-armored cuffs that reach to her elbows, golden tiara (with a design of some sort in the center, possibly the red star) and a variation of the traditional-looking red top (no word on additional armor on it). Her overall appearance is described as “Amazon warrior princess” and definitely not an urban reimagining. She’s there to kick ass and that’s readily apparent. Word is that WB is getting a VERY positive response on her appearance to those they’ve shown it to.

Wonder Woman’s weapons:

That’s right, not just a golden lasso here. Wonder Woman will have no less than FOUR weapons, including shield, sword, spear, and of course, the traditional lasso. It’s also noted that she will wear the shield on her back, Captain America style, when not in use.

Wonder Woman’s screen time in the film:

Her character will be introduced as “Diana” in the film initially before we ever see her as Wonder Woman. She will have a fair amount of screen time and will team up with Batman and Superman for the final battle against an un-named villain who may be working or controlled by Lex Luther. Her origin will be intentionally vague, but she is brought into the fold to show that there are other superheroes in the universe other than Superman.
                Batman, The Batcave, and more Batstuff:

Batman is said to be a veteran crime fighter that will do anything it takes to get the job done. Superman is a rule follower, so they often don't see eye to eye, which is a consistent dynamic with their initial relationship. As for Batman's usual digs; Wayne Manor is there, but Bruce Wayne chooses to live on the property in a modern-looking cottage by a lake (not a van down by the river, though). Underneath the cottage is a modernized Batcave, which houses a Batwing, along with his other gear (Batmobile, batarangs, etc.).
                Lex Luthor’s motivations:

Lex Luther (who is rumored to have longish red hair at the beginning of the film) thinks he is god's gift to humanity and the best that humanity has to offer, which leads to his hatred of Superman. Because Superman is basically a “god” it makes Lex feel less than perfect. Lex tries to sway people to dislike and fear Superman - and many people ARE swayed. Some see Superman as a hero, while others see him as the ultimate threat.

Comment

Stanley Kubrick did Barry Lyndon which was pretty aweful (but very nicely filmed).

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                    Stanley Kubrick did Barry Lyndon which was pretty aweful (but very nicely filmed).
                    Yeah, I guess you could call that a miss (it's certainly my least favorite), but as you say, it's filmed well.

Comment

A.I.

Most of the Kitsch (including the alien blue fairy ending) was Kubrick, not Spielberg.

Comment

• The ending was just a dream though, the movie didn't really have a happy ending. Plus Kubrick would have shot the movie quite differently, probably making it far more obvious how tragic it really is.
                        I think Kubrick was far too cynical for a real happy ending.

Comment

• I bit spoilerish on Wonder Woman's screen time and involvement in the movie. But I like the sound of the costume as described in the article and the amount of weapons.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• The amount of weapons severely misses the point of Wonder Woman. But I doubt this article is based on anything but the imagination of the guy writing it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              The amount of weapons severely misses the point of Wonder Woman. But I doubt this article is based on anything but the imagination of the guy writing it anyway.
                              Yeah, they have that comment about her carrying the shield on her back and I was thinking "no kidding, she's holding a sword and spear with her lasso at her hip (presumably), I guess she'd have to sling her shield over her back."

Comment

• Sounds good to me. Can't wait to see who the big bad of the film will be. If it's in some way tied to Lex I'd imagine some form of Metallo that grows in size for an enemy, if not Brainiac in some dumbed down form.

The stuff with WW sounds cool, I'd read somewhere hey were going for a more warrior amazon look ala Xena.

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                                X