No announcement yet.

Post a Pic of the last thing you purchased Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Dipper pop signed by Alex Hirsch and the DW pop signed by Aaron Sparrow and James Silvani while I was at D23

Comment

• Comment

• The Last Starfighter (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Music Composed And Conducted By Craig Safan

and

Sky High (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Music Composed By Michael Giacchino

Comment

• Beefing up my Kindle library (including using some credit) before heading to a cabin in Maine for two weeks (leaving Friday):

Calliope by Vincent Capone (I know this guy's dad from church)

Elvis Has Not Left the Building by JR Rain

Executioner (book 3): Battle Mask by Don Pendleton

Not sure if these will be the ones I read, but I wanted the option.
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 08-13-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• First day back in Maine and I already dropped $50 (not bad for 5 books, one of which is OOP; and 4 DVDs) at an "antique mall":

Comment

• Comment

• Another "antique mall." There's actually nine 45s here, but I don't think I could take a good photo showing them all (I only looked at like a fifth of what this shop had in the way of records):

It's funny that I found Driver the day after finding Gone in 60 Seconds. These are two out of four 70s car movies that I want to pick up (and don't already own) partly with the goal of showing them to some guys I know who like car movies, but don't know the older stuff.

Comment

• Hollywood Spotlight Presents Meet The Justice League - Special Collector’s Edition Magazine

Comment

• After a stop at the Bangor, Maine Books-a-Million:

Comment

• Between two local flea markets, I got a total of 13 movies on 11 DVDs for $15 (which is also part of the answer how I have managed to amass an 1100+ movie collection [lots of sales, bargain bins, and used discs]):

[There were two disappointments here, but hardly heart breakers. (1) minutes after buying the bare-bones Coming to America DVD for $1, I saw another guy selling the special edition for $2. (2) I didn't realize (though I should have) the so-called Riddick trilogy is actually the first two movies plus a cartoon short. Since I already had Pitch Black, that essentially means I only got Chronicle and a special feature, but since it was $1, I'm not crying. On the plus side, two of these will replace movies I only had on VHS.]
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 08-20-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• For what its worth, I probably enjoyed the "Dark Fury" short on Chronicles of Riddick the most (though I like all of the movies). It was done by Peter Chung of Aeon Flux and is a really neat sci fi story

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
                          For what its worth, I probably enjoyed the "Dark Fury" short on Chronicles of Riddick the most (though I like all of the movies). It was done by Peter Chung of Aeon Flux and is a really neat sci fi story
                          Cool. Does it matter if you watch it before or after Chronicles?

Comment

• Snowpiercer (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Music Composed by Marco Beltrami

and

The Woman In Black 2: Angel Of Death (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Music Composed By Marco Beltrami, Marcus Trumpp, and Brandon Roberts

Comment

• I like to get these new movies on BD when B&N discounts them (30% off this time, sometimes even more) and I can combine it with a coupon (20% off) and my membership (10% off).* That's the only time they're really cheaper than Best Buy or Amazon.

This brings me up to date on my blu-ray collection of F&F.

*That doesn't actually add up to 60% off because they apply each discount in order from the new subtotal.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 09-02-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Cool. Does it matter if you watch it before or after Chronicles?
                                It does fit in the continuity, it takes place in between the first two movies. The survivors get picked up in the craft they escape in in the first movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X