This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
    Nolan likes to keep his movies based on reality as much as possible. I don't think he'd want a part in this.
    Very true.

We need now a guy that likes to deal with sci-fi/space thing.
    http://observarecriticar.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Star Trek: The Motion Picture The first movie was so boing. Warth of Kahn saved the Star Trek franchise.

If WB is going to continue with the Green Lantern franchise, just give $100 mill to James Cameron instead of a marketing campaign, as Cameron's name alone with get the publicity all the film needs. Afterall, Cameron was only the director of the two highest gross films ever.
      Great catch there. However is that perhaps not an anomaly? Wrath of Khan is basically Moby Dick in space so that makes it more palatable with a wider audience since you didn't have to be a Trek fan to get the story.

I would hate to see Cameron on the project. I like 2 of his films (T2 and Aliens) and I thought they were both not as good as what they followed.

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
      Nolan likes to keep his movies based on reality as much as possible. I don't think he'd want a part in this.
      There is nothing realistic about the richest man in the world putting on a rodent suit and fighting a clown. The lunacy is just more toned down in his films but still there. Not to mention his non Bat movies aren't based in reality at all either.
      Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

• ok so i just got done watching it for a 2nd time. i thought it was alot better this time around.
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• One of Nolan's few weak points is...he can't really make female characters become "characters". In his movies, the female characters are always more like plot tools. Now I'm waiting what Catwoman he will present, maybe he will give me a surprise.

But I think if he deal with Carol, Carol will be even more like a plot tool than Rachael. A woman always gets possessed by a jewel! How easy she becomes a convenient plot tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver Lantern View Post
            One of Nolan's few weak points is...he can't really make female characters become "characters". In his movies, the female characters are always more like plot tools. Now I'm waiting what Catwoman he will present, maybe he will give me a surprise.

But I think if he deal with Carol, Carol will be even more like a plot tool than Rachael. A woman always gets possessed by a jewel! How easy she becomes a convenient plot tool.
            Rachael isn't Nolan's fault. The original part of Rachael Daws in "Batman Begins" was written for Harvey Dent, so he would be Bruce's childhood friend turned D.A. which would have made his turn to Two-Face in the next one much more harsh. The studio forced him to write a female love interest when most of the script was already fully formed. Since Catwoman was in this film from the initial planning I have every faith that he will make Selina just as fleshed out as everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
              Rachael isn't Nolan's fault. The original part of Rachael Daws in "Batman Begins" was written for Harvey Dent, so he would be Bruce's childhood friend turned D.A. which would have made his turn to Two-Face in the next one much more harsh. The studio forced him to write a female love interest when most of the script was already fully formed. Since Catwoman was in this film from the initial planning I have every faith that he will make Selina just as fleshed out as everyone else.
              Goddamn... do studios ever do ANYTHING right?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                It's not just Rachael. Julia in The Prestige, Ariadne and Mal in Inception, they all like just plot tools to push protagnists. But, yeah, I expect Nolan's Catwoman will change my little beef to him. Catwoman deserves that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                  I wonder what Medphyll thinks about this potential news of WB going ahead with a sequel? Since he was against it after seeing the first he's probably pissed. Maybe he'll hop on board again.
                  Why would I be pissed? My attitude toward the film was supportive but I don't feel the need to keep transposing this material to live action, where it works with the least success, IMO. WB said the same thing about the Singer "Superman" series back in 2005 & I doubt this will amount to more than talk. Animation is where this belongs if not on the printed page. If they do go ahead with it, I think they found the perfect director & leads, also the right designers & composer -- my advice would be to get the fuck out of their way & let the sequel fulfill the potential of all these well intentioned artists.

My "attitude" didn't change after seeing the film. I was just joining in & trying enjoy the boards, not swearing on a stack of Bibles to anything. Jesus fucking Christ, the Mods'll be administering a polygraph next....

Comment

• Originally posted by The-british-lantern View Post
                    after the thrashing he got from Primus i don't he will be back for a while
                    What "thrashing"? Someone net-stalked my posts & quote mined some kind of absurd reprimanding, wtf?!?! Why wouldn't I go on posting here??

Comment

• Originally posted by Medphyll View Post
                      What "thrashing"? Someone net-stalked my posts & quote mined some kind of absurd reprimanding, wtf?!?! Why wouldn't I go on posting here??
                      in speak of the devil.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver Lantern View Post
                        It's not just Rachael. Julia in The Prestige, Ariadne and Mal in Inception, they all like just plot tools to push protagnists. But, yeah, I expect Nolan's Catwoman will change my little beef to him. Catwoman deserves that.
                        I was actually fine with the female characters in Inception. Particularly Mal... she wasn't an actual character... she WAS a plot point. In fact... it could be argued that everybody not named Leonardo DiCaprio was just a "plot point" in that movie.

But in general I agree with you.... the Women in The Prestige, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were not great characters....

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                          in speak of the devil.......
                          Hey hey, someone else stalkin' me? Why don't you give your special attentions to someone else for a while?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                            Goddamn... do studios ever do ANYTHING right?!
                            They got George Lucas to reign his shit in on the original Star Wars. I guess that counts?

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              i agree. i hope this time around they have the cast ready instead of casting at the last minute again.
                              There was no last minute casting done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medphyll View Post
                                Hey hey, someone else stalkin' me? Why don't you give your special attentions to someone else for a while?

nobody here cares what you have to say and btw even if i was a stalker it sure as hell wouldnt be you.... heck even if i was gay i wouldnt even give you a moments glance.

Comment

Working...
                                X