This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
    Can anyone name a film franchise that only got good after a sequel? I genuinely can't think of one. One of the main problems of this film was the spirit it was made in and the direction it took. They would need to hire people who knew how to write/direct something with artistic merit AND move it away from the boring formula superhero movie.

Change all those things and you may as well leave it to a totally different team or just abandon the films until you think you can do it right. Never thought I'd say it but a re-boot is perhaps the only thing that can save it.
    is this based on story or its box office numbers? because i can name 2 movies right now that sucked and got sequels ( story wise)
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by ek79 View Post
      New director = possibly new editor.
      But, I repeat, the studio is to blame.
      i agree. i hope this time around they have the cast ready instead of casting at the last minute again.

i just hope to fucking god they focus on hal still learning to use the ring and i also want them to focus on sinestros turn after being corrupted.

another thing i think everyone will agree on is stick with 1 villain

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        is this based on story or its box office numbers? because i can name 2 movies right now that sucked and got sequels ( story wise)
        I didn't say "sucked and got sequels" I said can you name a franchise where the original was poor and the sequels were what saved it?
        Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

I didn't say "sucked and got sequels" I said can you name a franchise where the original was poor and the sequels were what saved it?
          ok well thats why i asked. and no i cant but this could be there only chance at redemption though.

btw the full film is posted online.....

not a site i know of but heres the link

http://tiny.cc/GreenLantern

Comment

• I think were being a little too opmistic about a sequel. Warner Brothers always announces sequels only to can them at the last minute.

Comment

• i found the full film online........

the guy shooting it is meh but pm me if you want the link because i dont know if the mods will allow me to post it on the forums

Comment

Star Trek: The Motion Picture The first movie was so boing. Warth of Kahn saved the Star Trek franchise.

If WB is going to continue with the Green Lantern franchise, just give $100 mill to James Cameron instead of a marketing campaign, as Cameron's name alone with get the publicity all the film needs. Afterall, Cameron was only the director of the two highest gross films ever.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  Star Trek: The Motion Picture The first movie was so boing. Warth of Kahn saved the Star Trek franchise.

If WB is going to continue with the Green Lantern franchise, just give $100 mill to James Cameron instead of a marketing campaign, as Cameron's name alone with get the publicity all the film needs. Afterall, Cameron was only the director of the two highest gross films ever.
                  Nice call!!

Comment

• I'm happy with this, good for them for actually having the balls to continue with what they have, learn from your mistakes and make better Rebooting stuff is not always the answer

Comment

• I wonder what Medphyll thinks about this potential news of WB going ahead with a sequel? Since he was against it after seeing the first he's probably pissed. Maybe he'll hop on board again.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• It's only a rumor? I don't think it's all that possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                          [I]
                          id love for james cameron to direct green lantern but i dont think itll happen sadly.

alot of people said chris nolan should do gl but my concern is has nolan done anything regarding outerspace?

maybe nolan can do the script and cameron can direct?

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                            id love for james cameron to direct green lantern but i dont think itll happen sadly.

alot of people said chris nolan should do gl but my concern is has nolan done anything regarding outerspace?

maybe nolan can do the script and cameron can direct?
                            Nolan likes to keep his movies based on reality as much as possible. I don't think he'd want a part in this.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                              I wonder what Medphyll thinks about this potential news of WB going ahead with a sequel? Since he was against it after seeing the first he's probably pissed. Maybe he'll hop on board again.
                              after the thrashing he got from Primus i don't he will be back for a while

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                                Nolan likes to keep his movies based on reality as much as possible. I don't think he'd want a part in this.
                                i mean as for writting hal and carol.

cameron could write all the other things like the outerspace fights and non human charachters

Comment

Working...
                                X