This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
    That really doesn't fill me with any confidence what so ever. Johns really needs to take the bench for a while when it comes to GL.
    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• With Snyder handing out bits and pieces lately of what his JLA would have been, does anyone know what he had in mind in terms of introducing GL into the JLA? (and which GL?)

Comment

• I think he would have dressed a turd in green armor. Then he would sap the color out of the armor until it was grey armor on a turd. Then had that turd murder a lot of people.

Comment

• "Green Lantern isn't cool. We need to make him cool. Let's call him Dark Lantern."
          "Zack, a Lantern is by design pretty much the opposite of dark."
          "Yeah, but this Lantern is broken. And it can only be fixed with random slow motion scenes of gray against gray."
          "But Zack, it's the Green Lantern, not the gray one."
          "NOT ANYMOOOOOORE!!!!"

Comment

• Ha!

Comment

• + YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

see this is yet another reason to love the GL movie

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I watched that today coincidentally. Making me crave new movie news. I need to hear something that tells me this movie is moving forward.

Comment

• Sounds like this video brought a few of us back today. All I got from watching it is what we all already know, the Green Lantern Corps movie needs to make practical suits that have elements CGI.
                  I think armored looking suits would be the best way to go, like how they look in the Injustice games.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• I hate that idea. Sleeker the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                      see this is yet another reason to love the GL movie
                      Cool vid, thanks for posting.

The suit was a major problem with the movie, but not so central that it's the primary fault. I like some of the ideas here. If it had taken damage and say repaired quickly, that might have sold it as less a floating thing. I also hate when he pinches it. Every time I see that, it seems like he's pinching his belly skin and that makes the suit feel like body paint over a naked body, which is horrible.

I don't know that I feel like the copying is a good thing, though. A lot of the MCU stuff feels so CGI heavy that it comes across as cartoony for me, but I'm a practical-first kind of guy. It's a big reason I'm getting tired of comic book movies in general. When I'm watching a guy that's obviously not there fighting a hundred other things that are obviously not there, my eyes just kind of glaze over and I start checking the time.

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                      ...I think armored looking suits would be the best way to go, like how they look in the Injustice games.
                      Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      I hate that idea. Sleeker the better.
                      The Injustice and (before that) the Mortal Kombat vs. DC GLs looked great in the game, but it's such a bold design that I could see it coming off really poorly in real-life.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 01-03-2019, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• i loved the suit

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I hope the suits they use for John and Hal in GLC are made of actual material. Something like Spiderman has in movies. Some kind of mix of practical with CGI. No more glowing green bacon strips.

Comment

• On the visual side, my biggest problem was the CGI mask on a human being's face. Roger Rabbit looked more convincing than that in its live-action/animation scenes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              On the visual side, my biggest problem was the CGI mask on a human being's face. Roger Rabbit looked more convincing than that in its live-action/animation scenes.
                              Yeah, and the mask didn't feel like it was part of the suit. Seemed a different style.

Comment

• The mask was very awkward. It never looked right. The basic shape of it was wrong, especially the way it dipped up around his nose. Then the fact that it was glowing. It took me out of the movie looking at him.

Comment

Working...
                                X