Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: Beware My Power trailer out!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern: Beware My Power trailer out!!

Blu ray drops July 26th!!

Here's a link, the trailer just dropped an hour or so ago.

https://youtu.be/LW3AlcgUENE

Comment

Just came in to post it. Weird continuity, but should be fun.

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3AlcgUENE" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3AlcgUENE"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3AlcgUENE" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Thank God it's John Stewart and not, Baz, Cruz, Jo Checkmark or the 11 year old Bolivian kid. There was ZERO chance of us getting Hal Jordan in today's climate..but I am ALL about getting me some John Stewart love!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Just came in to post it. Weird continuity, but should be fun.

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3AlcgUENE" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3AlcgUENE"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3AlcgUENE" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
          Looks good doesn't it? Adam Strange! Rann-Thannagar war! Pretty much looks like that and using Kyle's origin to tell a becoming the hero story for John. I'm up for it.

Comment

Looks awesome! I'm definitely going to be getting this. It's the most exciting Green Lantern thing I've seen since...pffff...I don't even know.

The only thing I can say in criticism is that they probably shouldn't have used Sinestro as the villain, because now we're going to have to deal with Hal Jordan's fans mudslinging John Stewart for stealing Hal Jordan's stuff. And they're already going to be sore enough from this as is. This isn't me saying that they don't have some justification for being sore, but you just don't need that negative energy around the project.

On the other hand, I really understand the decision to go straight to Sinestro. He's easily the best GL villain, and not utilizing that was one of the biggest faults of the 2011 film. Sorry, Hector Hammond just was never going to cut it. That's not a mistake you're going to want to make twice. Ideally, it would have been nice for them to create a totally new and totally awesome threat. I'm not of the thinking that just because something was created decades and decades ago that it is just the best that can be done. Sure, it proves longevity, but I don't think it's THAT hard to create a better bad guy than Sinestro. At least, it shouldn't be for truly creative people.
            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Surprised nobody's posted anything about this, then again it just came out. Fitting it was after Neal Adams' passing too. Movie looks good. Love Hal, but glad to see they're using John again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3A...ature=emb_logo

Edit: Saw this was on posted on John's board instead. Could somebody delete this thread, thanks.

Comment

Accidentally posted a thread on this in the on-screen thread, beceause I didn't see this one. Movie looks good. Love Hal, but glad to see they're using John again. Fitting this was released after Neal Adams passing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                  On the other hand, I really understand the decision to go straight to Sinestro. He's easily the best GL villain, and not utilizing that was one of the biggest faults of the 2011 film. Sorry, Hector Hammond just was never going to cut it. That's not a mistake you're going to want to make twice. Ideally, it would have been nice for them to create a totally new and totally awesome threat. I'm not of the thinking that just because something was created decades and decades ago that it is just the best that can be done. Sure, it proves longevity, but I don't think it's THAT hard to create a better bad guy than Sinestro. At least, it shouldn't be for truly creative people.
                  As long as they treat it like another continuity / take on the character, I don't think their should be much complaining. I certainly have no issues with it, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                    Thank God it's John Stewart and not, Baz, Cruz, Jo Checkmark or the 11 year old Bolivian kid. There was ZERO chance of us getting Hal Jordan in today's climate..but I am ALL about getting me some John Stewart love!
                    Better than nothing, er, (Simon Baz/Jessica Cruz), I guess. But "Hal died" defending Thanagar? And yet another Guardian of the Universe dies. While in a crashed starship, no less. Somebody wanted John to have an intro more similar to Hal Jordan, rather than the comic book "minority quota" origin. So yet another alternative universe one-shot.

As for Sinestro, for Thanagar it could have been any cosmic-class villain, really. Blackstar. Mongul. Weaponers of Quard.

It makes you wonder if Sinestro is supposed to be the "evil white European" aka Blofield of James Bond fame, rather than the "red man" he was in the comic books.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post

As long as they treat it like another continuity / take on the character, I don't think their should be much complaining. I certainly have no issues with it, anyway.
                      Hopefully, but I've already seen grumblings from people about how Hal is killed off and TPTB are giving his stuff to John in this movie.

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                      It makes you wonder if Sinestro is supposed to be the "evil white European" aka Blofield of James Bond fame, rather than the "red man" he was in the comic books.
                      I think Sinestro is probably just going to be Sinestro. That said, he has already been likened to an evil white European ever since Van Sciver gave him a makeover recalling Adolf Hitler. So even if the movie does go down that road, it wouldn't even be something totally out of left field.
                      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I'm about as big a Hal fanboy as they get, but I'm way cool with this. Hal had an animated and live-action movie dedicated to him and an anthology with him as the frame. Bring on the other Silver-Age guys.

Accidentally posted a thread on this in the on-screen thread, beceause I didn't see this one. Movie looks good. Love Hal, but glad to see they're using John again. Fitting this was released after Neal Adams passing too.
                        I didn't think of that. Guess it's not yet sinked in that we're in a post-Adams world.

That is nice. It would be cool if they had an RIP at the end.

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post

Better than nothing, er, (Simon Baz/Jessica Cruz), I guess. But "Hal died" defending Thanagar? And yet another Guardian of the Universe dies. While in a crashed starship, no less. Somebody wanted John to have an intro more similar to Hal Jordan, rather than the comic book "minority quota" origin. So yet another alternative universe one-shot...
                        That mixing is what I thought was kind of a bizarre continuity, but then every animated is a new continuity unless it's explicitly connected to another.

Comment

The Tomorrowverse is its own continuity. They're pulling in and fusing different eras for this new generation of DC films. I'm just relieved that something Green Lantern-centric is finally here. Coupled with Tomar & Kilowog being used on Young Justice, it feels like GL fans will finally be getting more than just crumbs again.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Enthusiast View Post

The Tomorrowverse is its own continuity. They're pulling in and fusing different eras for this new generation of DC films. I'm just relieved that something Green Lantern-centric is finally here. Coupled with Tomar & Kilowog being used on Young Justice, it feels like GL fans will finally be getting more than just crumbs again.
                            What is the Tomorrowverse? I'm not up-to-date on DC's media stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

What is the Tomorrowverse? I'm not up-to-date on DC's media stuff.
                              It's the name that fans have given the post-DCAMU animated films. Man of Tomorrow began a new shared universe, hence "Tomorrowverse."

Comment

Working...
                              X